Oh no...what is the likelihood WDW will cut back on HEA fireworks?

deedubb

Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!
Residents Living Near Magic Kingdom Experiencing More Debris From Happily Ever After Than Wishes

Happily-Ever-After-Fireworks1.jpg

The new Happily Ever After fireworks show that made its debut last month at Magic Kingdom is spectacular in more ways than one.

icFlorida.com reports that some residents who live close to the park are voicing their frustrations saying that small pieces of cardboard and ashes are covering their yards and vehicles each morning. Residents say that they’ve been experiencing more debris from fireworks now than they ever did before the current show started. One resident even stated that he pays someone to clean up his yard and vehicle every day.

There are other residents who say they don’t take issue with the firework debris as they understood when they moved into that area that it could happen.

“Eyewitness News reached out to Disney officials for comment around 1:00 p.m. Thursday and they said needed more time to respond.”

Source: icFlorida.com

I forgot Disney controls the wind. I could understand if it was a daily thing, but I don't believe for a second people are waking up every morning to firework debri so prevalent that they pay someone daily to clean their yard and car

I thought I read in a article that one resident has her yard and car cleaned everyday by a professional

living close enough to the magic kingdom to have firework debris in your yard and complaining about it seems akin to winning the lottery and complaining about the taxes.

When I win the lottery I am going to complain loudly about the taxes. I mean, seriously, 39.6%? Do you know how many Disney trips I could take with that $368 million?

;)

When I win the lottery I am going to complain loudly about the taxes. I mean, seriously, 39.6%? Do you know how many Disney trips I could take with that $368 million?

;)
With that kind of money, would you buy a house at Disney Golden Oak?

I hear that each house on Disney property comes with a fistful of annual passes, private theme park and Disney Springs shuttles, Disney concierge, and other exclusive VIP resident services.

Though you might get ashes in your yard too.

I hear that each house on Disney property comes with a fistful of annual passes, private theme park and Disney Springs shuttles, Disney concierge, and other exclusive VIP resident services.

Pretty sure Golden Oak has a big golden umbrella that protects them from the ashes and all the other problems of the world.

IF it's actually worse than before I can see people fussing a little. That's the chance you take though.

Watched the news piece and it's residents that live in an apartment complex very close to Disney property and only residents in the very back are getting the debris. While watching the piece I couldn't help but think that the guy who was complaining about having to have his car cleaned could simply purchase a car cover and the problem would be solved. :confused3 But what do I know.........

I look at it this way . . .It's like buying a house near an airport and then complaining about the noise of the jets as they fly over your house. Disney was there first, a nightly fireworks show has been presented at MK for decades, and they knew there was a possibility of getting ash and debris when they moved there.

I do have one question though. I know with Wishes there were sometimes issues with debris falling in MK and small fires as a result. Did they make any adjustments to the trajectory that could have sort of moved the debris cloud farther outside Disney property? If they did that, I can see where debris could increase, but it's still something anyone moving into the area should have figured would happen anytime the wind was right.

I look at it this way . . .It's like buying a house near an airport and then complaining about the noise of the jets as they fly over your house. Disney was there first, a nightly fireworks show has been presented at MK for decades, and they knew there was a possibility of getting ash and debris when they moved there.
And I look at it this way. For decades Disney has had FW shows that coexisted with its neighbors and everything was fine. But then Disney decided to go bigger and bigger. And at some point "bigger" became too big. It makes sense that at some point coexistence becomes intrusion. Perhaps we are there.

Golden Oak isn't anywhere near any of the fireworks.

And I look at it this way. For decades Disney has had FW shows that coexisted with its neighbors and everything was fine. But then Disney decided to go bigger and bigger. And at some point "bigger" became too big. It makes sense that at some point coexistence becomes intrusion. Perhaps we are there.

Actually, those residence areas are fairly new areas, so they have not coexisted for very long. The area behind MK is exploding in residential growth over the last couple of years and more comingonline soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter