Oh no...what is the likelihood WDW will cut back on HEA fireworks?

Actually, those residence areas are fairly new areas, so they have not coexisted for very long. The area behind MK is exploding in residential growth over the last couple of years and more comingonline soon.
Some are. Some I have seen since the 70's.

Maybe he should pay for a garage if he's that worried. If it was an issue, the fire departments would be on it, especially as we're still in a drought. I'm waiting to see what the perimeter fireworks (holiday ones) look like- if they follow the previous years' versions or are an updated show.

Oh, boo-freakin'-hoo. You KNOW that crybaby in the red car is going to the F&WF every weekend it's open, sees the 4th of July and NYE fireworks every year and enjoys some nice discounts with his resident pass. I live on the coast and seagulls poop on my car a lot. But .... I LIVE ON THE COAST. Good grief.

Oh, boo-freakin'-hoo. You KNOW that crybaby in the red car is going to the F&WF every weekend it's open, sees the 4th of July and NYE fireworks every year and enjoys some nice discounts with his resident pass. I live on the coast and seagulls poop on my car a lot. But .... I LIVE ON THE COAST. Good grief.

I think the Seagull Poop analogy is excellent.

Eh, it's just part of the weather: "It's gonna be another scorcher out there today with highs climbing to the mid-90's and a 60% chance of an afternoon shower or thunderstorm. There will be a slight breeze tonight with a few rumbles of fireworks and a light dusting of ash possible after 9:00."

It's been a tradition that a vocal group of Anaheim homeowners surrounding Disneyland have complained about the fireworks, traffic, ashes, and noise coming from the resort. It is because of them that Disneyland fireworks won't take place after a certain hour due to noise complaints, especially on school nights. Which is one reason why Disneyland fireworks are more likely to be cancelled, instead of merely postponed due to high winds or other weather.

As much sympathy as I'd like to have, the fact remains that before Disneyland ever existed, the entire area was almost entirely orange groves with nothing else. It was the existence of Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom that attracted all of these residents and grew the local economy.

So it is a bit ironic that WDW is now having similar issues with neighbors, considering that Walt and Roy had decided to buy a massive plot of swamp land in central Florida, far away from where anyone ought to complain, where they could have the ability to create experiences without restrictions.

Hopefully, this doesn't turn into a problem that requires the Florida project to limit what it can do.

It's been a tradition that a vocal group of Anaheim homeowners surrounding Disneyland have complained about the fireworks, traffic, ashes, and noise coming from the resort. It is because of them that Disneyland fireworks won't take place after a certain hour due to noise complaints, especially on school nights. Which is one reason why Disneyland fireworks are more likely to be cancelled, instead of merely postponed due to high winds or other weather.

As much sympathy as I'd like to have, the fact remains that before Disneyland ever existed, the entire area was almost entirely orange groves with nothing else. It was the existence of Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom that attracted all of these residents and grew the local economy.

So it is a bit ironic that WDW is now having similar issues with neighbors, considering that Walt and Roy had decided to buy a massive plot of swamp land in central Florida, far away from where anyone ought to complain, where they could have the ability to create experiences without restrictions.

Hopefully, this doesn't turn into a problem that requires the Florida project to limit what it can do.

The one thing I hated about Disneyland was the frequent cancellation of fireworks. Hope WDW doesn't start doing this or decide to cut back on the amount of fireworks.

Watched the news piece and it's residents that live in an apartment complex very close to Disney property and only residents in the very back are getting the debris. While watching the piece I couldn't help but think that the guy who was complaining about having to have his car cleaned could simply purchase a car cover and the problem would be solved. :confused3 But what do I know.........

I live a 5 minute drive from behind MK and was driving to the Walmart on New Independence and saw the news truck at the apt. complex,had no idea what it was about,now I know.I agree that the only place the debris could be falling at is that complex that basically sits right behind the MK cast member parking lot,there's new houses going in all over the place back there but I doubt even the closest one will have the debris reaching them.

*sigh* This is why we can't have nice things.

I live a 5 minute drive from behind MK and was driving to the Walmart on New Independence and saw the news truck at the apt. complex,had no idea what it was about,
Sounds like we live very near each other. We are in Summerlake.

:laughing:

Yeah, they're probably just hoping Disney will cough up their next AP renewal for free. :rolleyes:

I'm by Keene's pointe on 535 but I take I Reams rd to get to Disney and to the new Walmart which is right by you on Summer lake.

OT, but how do you guys like living so close to Disney? Do the pros outweigh the cons? You must be tired of dealing with tourists like me on the road who have no idea where they are going :tongue:

OT, but how do you guys like living so close to Disney?
I'm a little further away than the other two posters, but I like it. I've been here for over two decades specifically because it is close to Disney.
Do the pros outweigh the cons?
In my case, yes, it makes for a short commute.
You must be tired of dealing with tourists like me on the road who have no idea where they are going
Nope, not an issue, it comes with the territory.

I've worked MK for a bit over 8 years and work a LOT of nights since I work parades and audience control for fireworks and I can count on one hand the times I have had ANY, even minimal ash on my car in the cast parking lot. Live a bit out of range (between Publix and the fire station on Winter Garden Vineland) for problems at Townhouse so don't have the debris / ash issues there. Still can see fireworks every night and hear most nights though.

You suck it up for the greater good. If you don't like it sell it to someone who wants to live there. There are lots of us.

I live a 5 minute drive from behind MK and was driving to the Walmart on New Independence

I live 5 minutes from that Walmart, still haven't been to the actual store but love having a gas station there!

I sometimes think Orlando news stations have to scramble for daily news. "Man has to wash car more often" seems to be scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter