• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ohana ADR

mauigal

Yay! For the happiest place on earth!
Can't get an ADR for Ohana....what are the chances of getting a table for dinner as a 'walk up'?! We are going in May Thanks:confused3

I think your best shot would be to try getting there right before they open for dinner. We stayed at the Poly last year and every night when we went through the lobby the waiting area for Ohana was packed! The night we ate there we waited a good 20 minutes to be seated even with an ADR. You can also keep trying to get an ADR even once you're at WDW -- you can ask the concierge at your hotel to check for you too. Good luck!:goodvibes

I would have to agree with the earlier poster - if you try to get there when they open (4:30) you may have a shot. If you try between 5:30 and 8:30, I'd say no chance. They are always booked solid and generally will not take walk-ups. I've been waiting in line to check in (yes, waiting in line to check in) and heard them turn away folks many times, and we always travel off-peak.

Don't you think people may double book, or not show sometimes?!

Keep trying for an ADR too. I have been able to get ones today I couldn't get yesterday.

WDWO

I would say being this close to the dates you need, that chances are most people that are going to cancel already have. If I were you, I would just keep checking on the website daily, multiple times a day, and also when you check in, you could contact concierge and see what, if anything, they can do for you. Good luck!

A lot of people show up early or late so that takes care of the busy dinner time in terms of walk ups.

Also, you have a lot of people who have no idea how important ADRs are. There are several walk ups. It's luck of the draw as to whether or not you would be that lucky group to get a walk up during the busy hours.

I have heard that people do cancel more frequently for resort restaurants while they are on their trip. People get going in the parks and don't want to leave and come back. Good luck! :goodvibes

They are always booked solid and generally will not take walk-ups. I've been waiting in line to check in (yes, waiting in line to check in) and heard them turn away folks many times, and we always travel off-peak.

I agree. I eat at Ohana's every trip for dinner and while waiting in line to check in they're constantly turning away people who are walking up.

Keep trying for an ADR too. I have been able to get ones today I couldn't get yesterday.

I agree! I was able to get one (even though it was for 8:30) for our trip last August 2-3 weeks before our trip. Keep checking! Also, I check online for 4 people as well as 2 people when there's just 2 in my group. There's a lot less table availability for 2 people than there is for 4 and I'm definitely not going to miss out on an ADR just because I don't have two more people in my group :confused3.

I needed Ohanas for mid-May. I kept checking online 4+ times per day and eventually was able to get one.

People cancel all the time. You just have to check obsessively to get one of the cancellations. Also keep your eye on the May ADR Cancellations thread.

We got a reservation at O'hana at 6:05pm on the Saturday after Easter on our Spring Break trip for a party of 5, scheduled it THAT MORNING about 8:30 AM online!! I had checked the night before and the only time available was 9:15PM :cool1: so my advice is to keep checking, even while you are down there! The weekend before we did see one smaller party who was told that they would be seated if they would wait, I think that is probably the luck of the draw depending on the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter