'Ohana Breakfast ?

tinkerbell615

DIS Veteran
We have breakfast scheduled at 'Ohana next week, and are super excited since we haven't been there since 2010. I just found out that Stitch doesn't go table to table any longer. He only meets outside the restaurant. Can anyone tell me if this is all of the time now, or just sometimes?

I literally just got a breakfast reservation for there for my birthday! So excited. I haven't ever been there for breakfast!

We are also super excited. Stitch is my son's favorite character. We were there when his son had just turned 5, and the interaction was amazing!! I am hoping that if we meet him outside the restaurant, and a photographer is taking pictures that they will end up on my memory maker pictures!

I'm not sure of the answer, but I have also read reports that this is happening now. I'm actually hoping it is because I find that Ohana is one of the slowest in getting all characters to your table and we are always done eating long before we see them all, which is often not the case at most other character meals. Which means, we are tying up a table for a good 15 - 20 minutes longer than we really need it. So, to get Stitch out front while waiting to be seated seems like it would make the whole meal more efficient and should increase the table turnaround time which will hopefully help with the backlog that is almost always there at breakfast time.

If this winds up being true it will be a shame. Character interaction was always great at 'Ohana breakfast. Some of the best pictures I have are of my boys with Stitch joking around at the table.

We also had amazing interaction! These are some of my favorite memories from our previous trips! We have awesome pictures of Stitch with our grandson, and the rest of our family.

This is the first I've heard of Stitch meeting outside the restaurant and I can't see how that would work well. The whole waiting area is open, which to me seems like anyone coming into the Poly could just walk up and meet Stitch. Unless they have Stitch in that small section between the bar and the kitchen when the hostess takes you back?
We enjoyed our breakfast experience with the characters and I'm not sure yet how I feel about this change. I'm interested in hearing more about this.

Geez, first Lipoa is gone, now this..... ????

This is the first I've heard of Stitch meeting outside the restaurant and I can't see how that would work well. The whole waiting area is open, which to me seems like anyone coming into the Poly could just walk up and meet Stitch. Unless they have Stitch in that small section between the bar and the kitchen when the hostess takes you back?
We enjoyed our breakfast experience with the characters and I'm not sure yet how I feel about this change. I'm interested in hearing more about this.

Geez, first Lipoa is gone, now this..... ????

What I read was that the area was roped off right outside of 'Ohana, and the CMs were watching who got in line to make sure that anyone couldn't just get in the line to meet Stitch. We will be there next week, so I will definitely update everyone on how everything goes when we are there for breakfast.

Honestly, if they are making this change, it's for the better IMHO. The seating at O'hana is not conducive to character interactions, IMHO. When we ate there, we found the characters had difficulty maneuvering and it was difficult to get a picture without interfering with the neighboring tables. I've always enjoyed the dedicated meet and greets at other character meals (Akershus, CRT, etc.) and have always managed to get better pictures as well.

He definitely was going table to table when I was there in May. But I have to agree that this breakfast takes forever to get all the characters around to each table. I was sitting there at least a 1/2 hour after finishing my meal waiting for all the characters to come around. Didn't help that one mother claimed one of the characters never came to their table because she wanted more pictures. The handlers knew she was trying to get extra time with the characters.

He was going table to table the first week in July for us as well. I know they used to do pictures with a tiki hut kind of background back when they did family pictures a few years ago- and that was in the waiting area. I'm sure they would use a similar procedure for pictures with Stitch if that is what is happening. Like the PPs, I agree it takes a while for the characters to get around here. That said, we have always had pretty good interaction from them! Enjoy your breakfast!

Reports like this about various character meals seem to pop up all the time.

I wonder if there are times when the "regular" character is out sick or on vacation, and the fill-in is not comfortable going table to table.

If that is true that leaves only 3 characters going table to table. Goofy meets outside at Goofy's Kitchen at DLR, but he has an elaborate kitchen set up just for the photo, I never understood these WDW outside the restaurant "photos" of you next to a Mickey statue (CM), or better yet, a painting on a wall (1900) with no characters.

Honestly, if they are making this change, it's for the better IMHO. The seating at O'hana is not conducive to character interactions, IMHO. When we ate there, we found the characters had difficulty maneuvering and it was difficult to get a picture without interfering with the neighboring tables. I've always enjoyed the dedicated meet and greets at other character meals (Akershus, CRT, etc.) and have always managed to get better pictures as well.

If there's room for a coconut race, I think they can squeeze in some characters. Don't mind if Stitch was out front, but a roped off area doesn't sound very thought out or magical. And since there's not many characters at Ohana to begin with, taking one out seems like an odd choice.

Hopefully this is all just a rumor!!

Hi!

I have been reading the DIS for several years, but this is the first time I can offer some helpful information (I hope)!

We were just at Ohana for Breakfast last week. This is probably our 4th time having breakfast here, and there were several changes.

It is true that Stitch does not come to your table. After we checked in, we were instructed to stand in the line to meet Stitch prior to getting called to our table. The wait was minimal and we were done before our table was ready, but I much prefer seeing him at our table.

It wasn't terrible, but I prefer not standing in line to see a character when I can see him while we are casually having a relaxing breakfast. The other characters still come to the table.

The food has changed as well and not for the better. The fruit was more melon and grapes as opposed to pineapple and berries from our other visits, and we had to send the fruit back because the melon was slimy and grapes looked terrible. Our second plate was just as bad but we just let it go.

The sausage was changed to a cheaper, small type of sausage that was not very good and the bacon was replaced with ham slices covered in pineapple.

If the food had been good, we would honestly have been ok with the character meeting change. However, all the changes made for a disappointing experience.

I did email guest relations to share my concerns as this has always been a favorite.

Hope this is helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter