'OHANA means CHUNKY! An Aug 2017 Family TR THE END 4/26 - The Last Day and Trip Epilogue!

What a wonderful gift for the girls. We love Mitzukoshi it’s a must do for my youngest DD every trip.
I agree HEA is the best and your pictures are stunning.
That’s so fun you and CS got to go on a couple rides after everyone left. That’s crazy BTMRR broke down but very cool to see some behind the scenes stuff.

t wasn't too crowded at that time so I went up to the cashier and bought 4 pick a pearls for the girls. The layout is a little different now, it used to be in the back of the store on the left, but now it's on the right, near the Mikimoto pearls. It's now more of a display with a little better lighting and there's a tv screen that shows a birds eye view of action. Each girl had to pick out an oyster from one of the tanks.

Yeah we saw it! That's Josh's favorite store so we always stop in, and they've been changing the layout a lot, it seems different every time we go.

and here's one of the pearls (think this was Caylee's) in the pearl cage I got them:

20t5jmbdTYxcSDbhuzQsCJajLH2mq4jn-20qgOmdrchIbPd1crz0i6jK-oP6ukUXyg1C821ClqyHT6V08jPEQ_8YcoU62qDfuMfCfpKBRQUEB-VL25OsHEIRT_b_do7llYol79P1DJK_YDzu8ZCkKMeyQ2ewoglP85rZKjeZ9uYm2TZZVpol9gzE-QSOVZHDWqyhGGEV_xvpIBWP8VX_rLpFRjYfA-T_26MECncYmYQm99QkOzElWvUQG_qU3Xpq4-fBYifJhDt8tuxNS31N7vFdFIN5hok7GaKPE6gFHkz3HC5pIt1f-Ot_d__EKsZRqngE2PZ6bXwKbl9X0DRLIqE93-PjXltuLZDE2oVTN9NBr5fK-ztGwN9_eYPdcX7Jh-wv_kVWcB2nqjsvXY3QbX4Q0nRiXRxf2aWP2Zvrj86ySBoNo-jy0tW78orqF1YmVzVgxmVvAFzA4fsLh3JTruMgescSKuRp5XLbVRXKkrtUr2xXU_HqkJYg3Ax5zrgriU7xIhW4-uHHZe_lpToLLCNjjLdE9-4YAzYmFjzNQM6FqoAeTwveUyQpq1i33ejNvbzm5ZcpaPocbcwnvRXS4oaL43Zvvx3em7sZX7gEDig=w507-h674-no

So pretty!

I think this qualifies me for Cool Aunt status for life, right?!?! Hehe. :thumbsup2

I agree :thumbsup2

We were stuck on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!! :scared1:

Any other person would probably be rolling their eyes. But not us.

No, we thought it was the BEST THING EVER!!!!!

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

I've never gotten stuck on a ride, but I kind of want to now :rotfl:

Although I did have to jump about 3 feet down from our car to the platform which I wasn't expecting. :eek:

Except for that :scared1:

I'm tempted to do the pick-a-pearl myself. It sounds so cool, even to me as an adult. Also, what a great chance to see the sort of behind-the-scenes of a classic Disney ride!!

Where else would we get cool pictures from "behind the scenes" of one of the most classic Disney rides? Although I did have to jump about 3 feet down from our car to the platform which I wasn't expecting.

So cool! I've never had had happen but on that particular ride is would be lots of fun - except for the jumping down 3 feet. Hope they helped the folks whose knees wouldn't survive that kind of jump.

I thought the picture of Elsa was Chunkysis in costume. So that was an actual character?? The one on Disney Magic looked a lot closer to the cartoon image.

All the kids were as cute as buttons in that video (and all the other pics). It would take a lot of restraint to to cuddle them all day.

Ah here is that elusive Elsa picture missing from my last update!

c_xGTTVd7FK6YSU0HpiEdPnhZuK9nu0GwDyFyeoitwoX0dD8JOBtBBnJl4h7Typ_PzJ_kth5ngGc5FY1mXSOHJXO0QNBYxKxwZPOWdNVGHTIPC_EQW3KzxDluToThcxcrBKuh4b90LdM0tcVugPTmyjma2q5ZXLlc5gQ8-BYRW0FRk0DHqgDEgkJwF6zlGqva-FeBb9wsCGteS-ShiVWPrl1wygLpLdOmAwL9adLjwC-SZ47NIhGFbnCp_DK-cjJXhseL6sfBxubssazCyiHJAJA_CLuuFBzokowRs_QapXp7ojXfnVSjS4SfikuhgBkwCgiApoF7SsjnRuwoIPnidB87fmeHaj7TxJUXpSq_FnRTT88dXiC3df9u3dDozz5-KNJBT3PJufp86J41kTD6vlAED7qkPfzBX836eqzpmB6YkMrIdx12__Z8klVmxeo6ZftHX8nq0MxNpE1qYnBlr98R9XZgOs99w23wdDgJ1gIlssQV4gD_Dd0PrPIxq4jFNPS0rZTlcCHlLEeLEEdcKvS55azr1T30Wp7jED194MuDLiIm0bDvrf0LRcobHx7BZx4w2ILsxa262oWlKK9Q-cFeaigqAmqngO-OGCSaR4=w840-h559-no

Yes!! This is great! They all look thrilled :)

We walked over to Japan and headed inside Mitsukoshi where I presented all of the girls with their birthday gifts from me and Steve. They each got a Disney Gift Card, a pearl cage shaped like Cinderella's carriage, and yes you all guessed correctly, we were going to do Pick-a-Pearl!

I suspected this was what you had planned. Fabulous idea! They must have loved it! I don't know why we waited so long to try this, but we did it for the first time in August, and it was still so cool as an adult.

I think this qualifies me for Cool Aunt status for life, right?!?! Hehe. :thumbsup2

Absolutely! You're set for life now. :)

We were amazed we got some pretty good spots to the right of the castle. It is actually better than the left side I think as the fireworks just look more cohesive from that angle.

lfOhb-SlM4ijSha5kbQpkm8hu787iTCuMR8-yIEwROUBFXGZSwB1sBt6QiJLLSbXQ8L-eRrj884ygK0zIuhvj2Fsa5AyGssOsd5WPsGfVc0_cSQEMPlSgJid2IGnVGdSNLbusKwrXss0N5Fs1n4P21Q8P9J_V7HJV938NBOfCmDJD_XJMdNOWoKR-kgsg5kJaByl4yb2IQBGPkIHeVdiemiM7zovPgtBO1n8ULUF50O3aN5CuM9kF7PajjvuQPBjjiyfOU0f4ThAYG0WBNe5ThENE4ABwOC7nD0T3C437P4lDcqNPNvCWujFxk8lG9rW0LOqibRXNw7A5cpb7x76w7dTbuRVDS_akQ-LDVYiS8Z0WoF8Bk_IDvsPkzApvSaQIodMXR2A1qW02iEr--PZYrHGzSY6N0zDOlJ5GJNrL9wils9UsnqO-7t5mFoMCR0QkB9V2UepmxGZx4xYuj8ug1Jc57PHIWMDf9Ja4Smqng77CxicX473yuGSCvkyQoQl3KjJK6viM4RO1rCTi7sxN1mYCxjSqp-PrKQfKV3l5FyXC5cdZr6DU84Ru_j4DnmCWDN57iX6qwgkT2XnsGa5YwkGGXnnkgExmeseEeBbxPY=w825-h550-no

Oooh, good tip :)

It's such an awesome show. I like it more and more each time I see it, which is about four times now. It gets more familiar, and you can follow the narration a bit better. The music is also so awesome too.

Good to know - I think the more I see it the more it'll grow on me. I also love the music!

As we were going down the final loop, our train suddenly slowed down and came to a complete halt. I thought the train would start moving again but it did not for about 2 minutes. Then the loudspeaker came on and a CM said that due to technically difficulty the ride was being shut down. They said to stay put and someone will come rescue us momentarily.

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Woooh!! How cool!! A real-live ride evacuation! This is on my Disney Bucket List for sure. Funny how most people would find this really frustrating, and tons of Disers would find this so exciting! :P

What an awesome birthday present with Pick a Pearl!!! :) Definitely cool aunt status forever! In fact, I am totally stealing that idea for my goddaughter's next birthday--I've never been to Disney with her, but their family goes each summer and I'd love to surprise her with one of those before her next trip. So, thanks :) Now I will be the coolest fairy Godmother forever!!

Evacuating from a Disney ride = bucket list for me!! How awesome....but a little scary to jump down from the train to the platform! Great way to end the night!!!

and here's one of the pearls (think this was Caylee's) in the pearl cage I got them:
Pretty, where'd you get the cage?

::yes::

Bryan really liked Sophie, he called her Auntie Sophie! (Ady-So in his toddler speak). It was really cute and they formed quite the bond.
That's so cute. How fun to create such a special bond at Disney.

When we arrived it was around 8:30pm or so, and we walked over from Tomorrowland to the castle. We were amazed we got some pretty good spots to the right of the castle. It is actually better than the left side I think as the fireworks just look more cohesive from that angle.
You did get good spots, filing this piece of info away.

It's such an awesome show. I like it more and more each time I see it, which is about four times now. It gets more familiar, and you can follow the narration a bit better. The music is also so awesome too. It's worth battling the crowds or getting there a little early to see it in person at least once!
I haven't heard the best reviews about the show as a whole, it kind of says something that you have to see it multiple times for it to get better. I'm trying to go into with an open mind, but I not really succeeding at it :rotfl2:

As we were going down the final loop, our train suddenly slowed down and came to a complete halt. I thought the train would start moving again but it did not for about 2 minutes. Then the loudspeaker came on and a CM said that due to technically difficulty the ride was being shut down. They said to stay put and someone will come rescue us momentarily.

party:Living the Disney dream. I'm pretty jealous, always wanted to get stuck on a ride.

Last edited:

I totally forgot about pick a pearl. Casey would love that!!!!! (who am I kidding that kid likes any "gift" she gets). Where did you get the necklaces from?

Your HEA pics are beautiful. Thanks for giving me hope that us late people may be able to get a good view. I hate waiting and teeing up for a fireworks spot so early. We always watched wishes from fantasyland, but obviously all the projections mean we gotta change our game up

Love you and CS stuck on big thunder. I think only us dis'ers would be excited about that prospect and now secretly jealous :-)

Big Thunder is a ride I've wanted to get evacuated from (I know that doesn't sound weird here lol) and happening at night makes it even better!
Bryan's face is so cute in the pictures with Pikachu :) I've seen those carriage pearl holders before, mother Meade me wish I had a girl! Glad everyone enjoyed Pick a Pearl and you & CS finished the night off together :goodvibes

They each got a Disney Gift Card, a pearl cage shaped like Cinderella's carriage, and yes you all guessed correctly, we were going to do Pick-a-Pearl!
Wow great gift and yes you are the bestest auntie

We were amazed we got some pretty good spots to the right of the castle. It is actually better than the left side I think as the fireworks just look more cohesive from that angle.
That is a great spot now I know where to try to find a spot in December

I tried to get another refill of popcorn in my "old" popcorn bucket, the one I got in May, but alas they said I couldn't use that one any longer and I had to get the new bucket, which instead of green is a metallic blue.
Bummer

UH OH

I'm SUPER jealous! The only ride I've ever gotten stuck on was Spaceship Earth and it was next to the Roman animatronics, so super creepy because they kept moving. Plus we didn't have to evacuate. How fun for you!

Last edited:
I think the evacuation photos are so cool!

I can't believe they really refused to refill that popcorn bucket. That's far different than what the CM at EPCOT told me. I think if you had tried another place they would have allowed it.

No matter...we also plan to get a new bucket while there next week just in case!

yes you all guessed correctly, we were going to do Pick-a-Pearl!

Yay!
(which I heard quite a bit on the video!)

Sophie and Mimi were over the moon happy. They had seen videos of this on YouTube and even talked about it with their mom before the trip and were begging to do it, so they were just so excited!

:goodvibes

The layout is a little different now, it used to be in the back of the store on the left, but now it's on the right, near the Mikimoto pearls.

Huh. Can't quite picture it. I guess I'll see next month.

Very pretty!

::yes::

Huh. I've always watched from dead in front. Good to know!

While waiting I tried to get another refill of popcorn in my "old" popcorn bucket, the one I got in May, but alas they said I couldn't use that one any longer and I had to get the new bucket, which instead of green is a metallic blue. Oh well, so I got a new bucket.

Guess it couldn't last forever. Goodbye bucket!

No kidding! I'd be thrilled!

I love this trip report!!! Your family looks adorable, especially the little ones.
Looking forward to the next episode!

I would say so...or at least the rest of the year!

So by this time, the younger kids were pretty much done, so the twins went back to the Poly, taking the monorail to the TTC and walking back. Meanwhile, the rest of us hopped on the Express Bus Transport over to MK! We were going to watch Happily Ever After! I had told everyone about how great this show is, so Sophie and Mimi were pretty excited.

I don't have plans to see this on this trip, I'm wondering if I should make a point to do it....

While waiting I tried to get another refill of popcorn in my "old" popcorn bucket, the one I got in May, but alas they said I couldn't use that one any longer and I had to get the new bucket, which instead of green is a metallic blue. Oh well, so I got a new bucket.

Bummer, but you got a few trips out of that one bucket!

Ugh! But i'm glad you thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Where else would we get cool pictures from "behind the scenes" of one of the most classic Disney rides?

I'm surprised they let you take pictures....did the CM who rescued you mention anything about not taking them?

We decided after our wildest trek in the wilderness to just head back as we were pretty tired, so we walked through the shops on Main St a bit before taking the monorail back to the Poly.

You had a long day, I would have been wiped out by that point!

Oh my gosh, your nieces and nephews are all so stinkin' cute!!!:love:

Your asian meal looked very yummy; $24 for appie, entree and dessert is a pretty good deal (especially at a Disney restaurant!)

So a frozen coke...is that just like a slurpee or....?

Thank you! They are really cute, but they are also a handful!
Nine Dragons was a very good deal for Disney! I would return but not in a rush or anything.
Yup it's a coke slurpee! My sister loves them!

I've been on Splash during the day while it's broken down, but I have to say, getting evacuated at night off of BTMRR looks really cool. I still need to see space with the lights on via the people mover sometime....but I do prefer space to be running (catch 22) and yay for popcorn::popcorn::

Haha it was so funny how CS and I got really excited when our ride just stopped and we had to get evacuated...only the Disboarders would get how unique that is lol.
I've not ridden Space since I saw it with the lights on on the peoplemover. Just sayin...hahaha. Popcorn for the win!!

What a great gift for your nieces, I am sure you have awesome aunt status for life now! We did this and Andi chose the Cinderella carriage for her pearl as well. How cool to be evacuated from BTMRR, only us true Disney fans think that is neat, lol! We were evacuated from LM Under the Sea, we were in front of Ursula and we were stuck for about 15 minutes and a lady started to scream and panic so we all were evacuated.

Haha thank you! The carriage is the best and most unique Disney pearl cage. Yup only the fans would think it's super cool to be stuck on BTMRR. Although it was definitely too sweaty for us to be stuck there forever so I'm glad we got out of there quickly.
LOL I can see how being stuck in front of Ursula would be annoying. Those poor unfortunate souls...:)

You definitely have the cool aunt status for sure. The necklace was adorable. I can just imagine how much fun it was for the girls.

I'm with you on getting stuck on BTMR. So cool. Once in Disney I got stuck on Space Mountain and they turned the lights on. I thought was was so cool to be able to see how it all works. I bit scary too but fun non the less.

They had so much fun just taking in the whole experience and it being a surprise and all.
I can imagine it being a shock to see SM in the lights while on it! We saw it on the peoplemover and it wasn't what I was expecting, LOL.

That is such a great gift and memory for the girls! And the pearly cage is soooo pretty! It's really cool that everyone got a different type of pearl!

Thank you! Yes it's really cool they all got different pearls. I don't know how they do that to ensure everyone gets something different...maybe they were just lucky!!

Oh, I loved it so much! I wanted to see it a second time but we were delayed at BoG and came out during fireworks. We tried to get around to the front of the castle but had an obscured view of only part of the show :(

It's my new favorite show! It's just so awesome to see it in person.

Totally agree! It's so cool to see backstage stuff!

Haha only us Disboarders would understand and actually be excited for stuff like that.

Yeah Elsa! Is it me, or do all of the Elsa just not look right?!? Maybe it's the way they drew her that she just doesn't translate to real people. I don't know...

Yes, out of all the Elsa's I've met I think only 30% of them actually resembled the real Elsa. She definitely as a "look" that is unique!

YEAH!!!! I guessed correctly! Def best Aunt status, especially since they really wanted to do it!

Haha thanks! I thought it would a nice and memorable thing to do.

This is totally what my girls would do/think.

Haha, oysters, ew gross!

I didn't realize that they had different kinds!

This is a silly/stupid question, but how too they know that there is a pearl inside?

i think the oysters are specially raised to create pearls. And maybe they do some special imaging to ensure there's a pearl inside each oysters. Either way, it's guaranteed they get a pearl even if they have to open more than one oyster!

I would think any of us on these boards would think the same!

You had popcorn too! You wouldn't starve. Ha!

Haha exactly!! I could be there all night! Well, if it weren't so hot and humid that is...we look like hot messes and we were.

What a great aunt you are! I love the Cinderella's Carriage necklaces to hold the pearl, also.

I keep forgetting to ask you, can you get flavored popcorn with the refill bucket or does it have to be plain? I can eat my weight in cheese popcorn.

I think it's only the regular popcorn. I have not seen the flavored popcorn being served in the refillable buckets. But maybe there is a small surcharge.

BTMRR breaking down at night has to be one of the highlights of the trip! So cool! Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures, too!

It was! I've never actually been evacuated from a ride before. It's usually while we're still on line, but never on the ride itself. #disboardbucketlist

Yeah, better be quick about that, too!

They can't leave a good thing alone! This is history people!

I am SO jealous!!! Your photos are incredible! What a fun experience!

Thank you! It was such a cool and fun experience and only other Disboarders would agree!

What a fun time! I'm sure getting evacuated from big thunder is something you will always remember.

Haha for sure!!

Did you get the pearl cages at Mitsukoshi? My daughter got a great pearl on our last trip and I need a cage for it.

Nope I got it from either Amazon or Ebay I believe. I got a great deal - like literally cost like 12 bucks each cage. Just search for "carriage pearl cage" and stuff should pop up. There are different varieties and different grades of silver too. I actually got one for myself but I didn't get a pearl (maybe I have to rectify that on another trip) but mine has more detail on it and it was about 30 bucks, either way much cheaper than buying directly from Mitsukoshi.

This is adorable and I love it! I may steal this idea and do this with L when she's older

Oh definitely! It makes the perfect gift for girls!

RIP :sad::sad::sad: I wish they were still in operation for this weekend!

So sad. Hope you had a great time!!

I'm so glad that I won't be tempted to see this when I go this weekend because I'm honestly excited that HEA is something that all six of us will experience for the first time together next summer.

Definitely...it's something to look forward to!

OMG B LIFT EVAC!! That happened to me about 10 years ago and at the time I had a pair of glasses that fell off at the drop of a hat so I was blind getting out of there. It was horrible (also pretty fun)

Oh no I hope you got your glasses back!!

These are so cute and such fun presents!

Thanks! They were a big hit!

Wow you got amazing pictures! I guess the trick is to get there right before it starts.

It just worked out for us at that moment. When we saw it again the 2nd time later that trip we only just arrived right as it was beginning and then we had barely any room to stand.

So jealous that you got evaced off BTMRR:D DS and I got stuck on Forbidden Journey at Universal while on our backs once. They even turned on the lights, but alas, no evac. It started up after 5-10 minutes.

The pearls and carriages are great idea. I bet the girls loved them.

Oh no. Forbidden Journey was nauseating for me! I forgot how bad it was. I did it twice and was like, OK I'm DONE. But Gringotts I could do many times.

They did! They were a hit!!

What a wonderful gift for the girls. We love Mitzukoshi it’s a must do for my youngest DD every trip.
I agree HEA is the best and your pictures are stunning.
That’s so fun you and CS got to go on a couple rides after everyone left. That’s crazy BTMRR broke down but very cool to see some behind the scenes stuff.

Thank you! That is such a great store. I lived in Japan when I was a little girl and that store always brings back memories.
Thank you! I love HEA!
I love MK at night and what better way to end it than being stuck on a ride!

Yeah we saw it! That's Josh's favorite store so we always stop in, and they've been changing the layout a lot, it seems different every time we go.

Haha I guess they feel like change is for the best. I agree it changes everytime I got.

I've never gotten stuck on a ride, but I kind of want to now :rotfl:

I guess it depends on what ride, BTMRR was pretty cool but yeah jumping down...I was not expecting our car to be so high off the ground.

I'm tempted to do the pick-a-pearl myself. It sounds so cool, even to me as an adult. Also, what a great chance to see the sort of behind-the-scenes of a classic Disney ride!!

I think you should! I might!!
It was really cool to be stuck on BTMRR. I think it's just one of those rare moments at Disney.

So cool! I've never had had happen but on that particular ride is would be lots of fun - except for the jumping down 3 feet. Hope they helped the folks whose knees wouldn't survive that kind of jump.

Yup they did help those people who could make it down gracefully...namely ME. LOL. A CM and my sister had to help me down. I don't even know how CS got down. But apparently it was just our car because those in other cars had less of an incline and were just stepping out of their cars. Grr.

I thought the picture of Elsa was Chunkysis in costume. So that was an actual character?? The one on Disney Magic looked a lot closer to the cartoon image.

Haha that is so funny!! I'll have to let her know. Yup it was an actual Elsa. She did not look much like the movie Elsa but I guess someone in the casting dept thought she did (maybe she is an understudy!)

All the kids were as cute as buttons in that video (and all the other pics). It would take a lot of restraint to to cuddle them all day.

Aww thanks. They are also pretty cheeky and naughty.

Yes!! This is great! They all look thrilled :)

SOOO thrilled. :grouphug:

I suspected this was what you had planned. Fabulous idea! They must have loved it! I don't know why we waited so long to try this, but we did it for the first time in August, and it was still so cool as an adult.

I'm gonna have to do this as an adult as well!!

Absolutely! You're set for life now. :)

:thumbsup2 I better be!

Good to know - I think the more I see it the more it'll grow on me. I also love the music!

It's definitely one of those shows which at first may seem more like a technical marvel than a feel-good one but I think over time it definitely hits you.

Woooh!! How cool!! A real-live ride evacuation! This is on my Disney Bucket List for sure. Funny how most people would find this really frustrating, and tons of Disers would find this so exciting! :P

Haha that is exactly what I was thinking!!!

What an awesome birthday present with Pick a Pearl!!! :) Definitely cool aunt status forever! In fact, I am totally stealing that idea for my goddaughter's next birthday--I've never been to Disney with her, but their family goes each summer and I'd love to surprise her with one of those before her next trip. So, thanks :) Now I will be the coolest fairy Godmother forever!!

It's an awesome idea you will be the COOLEST Fairy Godmother in the galaxy!!

Evacuating from a Disney ride = bucket list for me!! How awesome....but a little scary to jump down from the train to the platform! Great way to end the night!!!

Scary but so cool to see all the backstage stuff!

Pretty, where'd you get the cage?

I got it from amazon or ebay..I believe it was only 12 bucks or so, definitely cheaper than what you find at Disney. I'll see if I can find the link.

That's so cute. How fun to create such a special bond at Disney.

Thanks! It was really fun to watch the girls' reactions!

You did get good spots, filing this piece of info away.

It's a good spot when you aren't front and center.

I haven't heard the best reviews about the show as a whole, it kind of says something that you have to see it multiple times for it to get better. I'm trying to go into with an open mind, but I not really succeeding at it :rotfl2:

I think it's one of those shows where there's so much going on, and so technically advanced that you kinda have to take it in a few times to feel the nostalgia. Then when you start humming the music...and then it starts to hit you how great this show is, soon it will have a place in your heart too (I hope!).

party:Living the Disney dream. I'm pretty jealous, always wanted to get stuck on a ride.

Haha I thought the same thing!!

Can you believe I've never tried Dole Whip?!! Looks yummy...must check it out next trip.

Wow never had Dole Whip? If you like pineapple then you usually love Dole whip.

I totally forgot about pick a pearl. Casey would love that!!!!! (who am I kidding that kid likes any "gift" she gets). Where did you get the necklaces from?

I got it from amazon or ebay. I'll find the link and post it.

Your HEA pics are beautiful. Thanks for giving me hope that us late people may be able to get a good view. I hate waiting and teeing up for a fireworks spot so early. We always watched wishes from fantasyland, but obviously all the projections mean we gotta change our game up

Yeah I know what you mean. I usually get there 30 minutes before and press my luck. But I wouldn't go on a Saturday night or a night with evening EMH. Think that will just make the park more crowded.

Love you and CS stuck on big thunder. I think only us dis'ers would be excited about that prospect and now secretly jealous :-)

LOL it is for sure, on the #disboardbucketlist!

Big Thunder is a ride I've wanted to get evacuated from (I know that doesn't sound weird here lol) and happening at night makes it even better!
Bryan's face is so cute in the pictures with Pikachu :) I've seen those carriage pearl holders before, mother Meade me wish I had a girl! Glad everyone enjoyed Pick a Pearl and you & CS finished the night off together :goodvibes

Ariane, think you need to get yourself a Pearl Carriage and go do Pick a Pearl for yourself. In fact I have a carriage of my own that I could get a pearl for. I wasn't planning to but maybe now I will.
Escaping BTMRR at night was just icing on the cake for a great day!

Wow great gift and yes you are the bestest auntie

Thank you!!:cool1:

That is a great spot now I know where to try to find a spot in December

I'd try front and center first but those spots fill up so quickly so you can try for the right or left sides but not too close to the castle as you can't see the fireworks fully.

I'm SUPER jealous! The only ride I've ever gotten stuck on was Spaceship Earth and it was next to the Roman animatronics, so super creepy because they kept moving. Plus we didn't have to evacuate. How fun for you!

We have been stuck in SE a number of times, never to evacuate but just...stuck....LOL. I have seen Micheangelo paint the sistine chapel so many times.

I think the evacuation photos are so cool!

I can't believe they really refused to refill that popcorn bucket. That's far different than what the CM at EPCOT told me. I think if you had tried another place they would have allowed it.

No matter...we also plan to get a new bucket while there next week just in case!

Thank you! WE did too!

Yeah I think we just got a strict CM. I know if I went somewhere else they might have as they had done the two days prior, but at this point I was ready to say bye to my bucket and embrace a new era of popcorn. popcorn::

Yay!
(which I heard quite a bit on the video!)

Yay!!

Huh. I've always watched from dead in front. Good to know!

Well dead from the front is the best of course, but when you stroll in last minute being where we were was not bad.

Guess it couldn't last forever. Goodbye bucket!

RIP bucket :littleangel:

No kidding! I'd be thrilled!

LOL I knew you would be, like all other good DISers

I love this trip report!!! Your family looks adorable, especially the little ones.
Looking forward to the next episode!

Thank you so much and thanks for reading!!

I don't have plans to see this on this trip, I'm wondering if I should make a point to do it....

Well if it's not too much trouble for you and you won't have to rearrange plans then I think it's nice to see in person at least one.

Bummer, but you got a few trips out of that one bucket!

Oh that bucket has been a lifesaver on more than one occasion. Hungry in room with no food...oh popcorn to the rescue, yay!popcorn::

Ugh! But i'm glad you thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Absolutely. LOL. Does Fran like this ride? i'm sure she would not want to be stopped and evacuated mid ride...

I'm surprised they let you take pictures....did the CM who rescued you mention anything about not taking them?

Nope it was a free for all, and phones were clicking all over.

You had a long day, I would have been wiped out by that point!

Oh we were wiped out for sure, but for some reason at Disney we have a certain energy and adrenaline that keeps us going.

Oh, how funny me and my best friend got stuck on BTMRR in September. I also thought it was cool. Love your report

Thank you so much! That's so funny you were evacuated too. It was our first evacuation!

Haha only us Disboarders would understand and actually be excited for stuff like that

Totally! I've had 2 memorable ride breakdown experiences (both Disneyland).
1) Astro blasters on Dapper Day! Everyone was taking selfies/photos with Zurg! The CMs were trying to move everyone along...yeah, not going to happen quickly!
2) Snow White Scary Adventures. I was solo and got stopped in the dungeon! For a couple minutes stuck there all alone with the scary music! Finally the lights came back on and I was recovered by a sweet young girl CM who realized I was stuck with skeletons and just couldn't stop laughing! She also explained that they sometimes rearrange the skeletons to scare guests until they get caught by their bosses! But she did give me and another group multi-experience passes for any other ride in the park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!