'OHANA means CHUNKY! An Aug 2017 Family TR THE END 4/26 - The Last Day and Trip Epilogue!

Looks like a nice family Birthday lunch at CRT, we did it in November for Andi’s Birthday and I agree with your review, food was fine but the high price tag makes it a done that now for us as well. I have the same Cinderella shirt as you, it is so comfortable especially for those really hot days. All the children in your group looked so cute in their princess attire!

So glad to hear your Dad is continuing to improve :hug:
Such great pictures with all the princesses princess:
CRT is so magical glad they got to experience it :goodvibes

I do however have a picture of the kid's dessert, it was a design your own cupcake and it came with a plain cupcake, with icing, sugar, and some edible pearls. The kids had a fun time with this. Here's Sophie's creation:

TzLYcmjBvwgYKqig2oAg057ymyI1cU_hcwm2lCBO342v3aeu1jv5F2zxjnw-PzNwaZGxNk5YfY4TVdNGGkl9ZE4m2UowsDXjI2PPoSxN7Ag54H-lSGUtbHpehOP_hzpXcOPG0SYomFXiSc9kFzd2eyw3Xzl7h9IIZsou3cAuVsmuU5cTcAq5oSVsVFd8Y5RCJID8ROpsqCDWfKL6sf5j3B3J4S32Vq96drXaGLHX_bnqgFLOqB-0UxROZOCkv0at5zBnpAeLfYYGZtZMxA7oTN5NSu5xFGseCSNwRuAegDZ-h7r4Lewv_c6wUbM50SPiLHyJjDfpDTDWZzbil0c_le31FNpz7XoUkUUSyxeaOpNfAETRGmD15pDkh-xejbibtpmGdzdVVCMyJWL-7yjKwOrNkKJ9XVsIAFaZyGUGup3oAKuK-lYErzlyF4ft5wchfSkn3NQBiZbssDXCTt6DEUd-7BKDoHOzs6n6GVlK6ksWBfFg9JN9VOvX6yV9hPSZmn4ccZJ7lWwOeEROo8LN3q8Y2pyOUvxGeyWkcL4kH5u5IkejDiy0uzvUWvvzaS649bdqyxB4D-GyU-0uAnG4K7rkw1aJyaMLPgthupj6=w825-h550-no

That looks really well done! like something you'd find at the Frozen dessert party!

I just got caught up again! So glad to hear your dad is doing better.

You did a great job on Eva's makeover. So cute! And they really bring out a ton of princesses at CRT!

Sienna: This imposter dares to hold my hand!
This literally made me belly laugh out loud :) So totally what Sienna was thinking!!!!!

I love all the pictures of random kids with random adults and princesses--some of those are awesome, especially the one with Snow White where it looks like almost everyone is accounted for!

Rob and I ate there for dinner in December, which was a first for us. I think it was my favorite meal there so far!!

Well I think in a few decades you just need to set a trend. I'd come see you! Although I am much older than you so I'd probably need help getting on the boat by then! LOL.

:lmao:

I'm picturing us as old biddies, still loving Disney, me making bad jokes and thinking I'm funny, you dragging Steven into the boat behind you... tehehe

Also, an update on our dad - he is back home now and has been for almost a week! He is feeling much better. Albeit a bit lighter. He lost about 35 pounds in the last month alone, but he is doing much better on the new treatment and meds.

Great news that your dad is doing so much better! That's quite a weight loss, but otherwise it sounds like he's feeling much healthier, and your family must be relieved to see him feeling better.

51Z52NUCzSoM7pRJJc1rlhvagYFhPqLjL2m94fWDNTiqrEf2HDoFNgIynNln8MWwTrWDDZMtSAMFMEFkNxFX87r6hVw3Qmb--bW78mMXUwuWuR0h-TwsMxPqIIdM99F8DTX14CbvKsTM6z45RmPtFp-N3iUxq6boNYfHPVWj9aT5oQiMq8bMnBu7lMFvOuiloimfhPMNvk_j4mnwN-iwRemHPiDng4fDUVYctiqtFIhs54bL3lAuZm4b6RsLrQGcKz9le_k-mHsEDgg1gR54X0l0u5DUKPqqR0gt_-9hS91K12S1z6JwlUdW-om7HRPbnihCVhj7dsYphB677hKD9sKwaj45zpFQnQbinuBwnEPdHp98CIng--CAkANnC3wHBU8_bF9ctiZFJQR4mTB8q_qV6M-dGVYdaPkutQaIiU0YhQsaGM_wjB0aw8WZO5Mdx0Wjj-6tJ1S8o7cOWkee4yNHPZ0JwzRAuelEN3EOd5Rx5wcuejqKHPMMzsD8Cx6FB4IHMsuoExTebsAoOcVjhGzyuwXtfN5gIWyNSOe2A6JTM--2K6OaGGQ6IZJZkyWUk2SQ82x65BfDC0KuXtndtjGIv4nf1xvsi-Ekk3cf=w478-h637-no

After this picture she promptly pulled off the bow from her head and refused to wear it again!

Oh my goodness, bless her!! What a precious little royal bean! :lovestruc Good you got the picture with the bow while you had the chance!

CwiaSlq4UNdraZHUe-SuGRh-fdnouZG8ez2kq4NgoRQsZr9bXR-5ZOAUtfBkk93iHlJccfbiNvGSZi3jEm0W2tVzkrucbzKvpE6q_Z74fFjwx-5b_Y_-1W5ZYAgz6IlW3LwRWOfunL3YM-E4TSKm9ktOQ2gf2tBB1keEpOuI7i68jbfUH_v94MLV0WAZj8Jr4ciJyZcjfqrizjIYWpfj_utCpKmsEuQHVGR0-IQLMnS9pqjn6f8YgURSu3z9po-02jxCVT0qLlEYuFuVnsBFnmvL-z7aI4eNszZ3YXOwLMJuPaP8GXPaA_pJhB4NHET3VQGvHTlfvAzLzDSo2dQ2Wy80rlGEYT1hutO4kZjSLVd9_HC_IuQJExNtHFzyqB9o0xDcAW4zaUh_h0cWAGn8ofiTVFl1JPSdRDuDfPEwGOapGuX9K21MOd-qVuffFU7WpPk6LJedM8zkx5c44sx6wveHs6P2qvsozkbbWFesQTTf-MCKrlnLRgUc9eXWyxnPNUd647HNK629nahvM3T4NGoYX7Pcxq6m2cHXdJGSkCfSCtFbLNVpOkPFm-sRzJeeWMzlOsE3haLlTw3HLcE3z_LcZ1XVQDrsuGHMzJXK=w825-h550-no

Sienna: This imposter dares to hold my hand

:rotfl: Such a fashion faux pas!

This wasn't our only Princess meal though! We still had yet another meal at Akershus later this evening. I figured if the girls were going to be all dressed up might as well make the most of it!

Wow! That was quite the princess day!

Just catching up, as I was away in February and had missed the previous update. The new picks are adorable, and I'm so glad to hear your Dad is doing better!

I love that your nieces have learned to hold out their dresses so that their true inner princess can shine! It looks like they have had a fantastic time. All of your planning has paid off. Glad your dad's health is improving. I hope each day is better and better for him.

Also, an update on our dad - he is back home now and has been for almost a week! He is feeling much better. Albeit a bit lighter. He lost about 35 pounds in the last month alone, but he is doing much better on the new treatment and meds. He looks and feels much healthier and is getting back into his regular routine. Only time will tell if this pattern of good will continue but so far it looks promising. Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes, prayers, and pixie dust. It was much needed and we are forever grateful, thank you! :grouphug:

This is excellent news! So happy he's seeming to be improving!

All of the princess photos and CRT are just super sweet. Looks like you all had a wonderful time even though the pricetag was a bit high. I didn't realize you got so many of them at that meal. A veritable Princesspalooza!!

Yup! She has an etsy store: www.thepapercrown.com if you use the code "PAPERCROWNFRIENDS" you will get 15% off. :)
And also an instagram showcasing all her crafts here.
Thanks! Def will.

Sienna realized someone was wearing the same dress as her. She was not amused.

24kujQ4XtFila_oiHWzDcbVUNgAAH0TOP4_y_UvWkzCPH5Rw6AgoVOrLvaJRQiTTc-mooRS7OdxR4L13DksUVCO-dwVWhnX_KQ38TecUyYZu_X9KAWXMSWpitbje_veySXfdHb8cavC9Kucn4lO_L-_FAowlAFSgzHw-AwZ13NSO3MgFyyIyo0NlNSoDE344m93Kuy_LvKBy9t5UpHEhfGDahhzo2jNLWF50yCsZRgffKZtbvZiQQatVXuwwUv_4_zP8eT16xru-RvdpeFHlBx45ChhdoXRZw9nIry_Vwr1bPgl__9d8xMybM_Whf2q1owORI7AG1QKZizuwKyxA_0WbVVqiKIZJDocp5K3i6OCYwBO4oDgNqz7fJLZmi-w5pPwpje0zZH8Ij7X1kmnv47KOB7STwMLZV8_yJ_Rhd9pumxI0xCQTse7w4l5pGeZeNQOvoBiWR6Jk5NJNy73KmfxnaQWTd_DyRtT1v1BhvHu0N0aR4C0aU7ZOQdfMEqtjtOScG3ED8TPsTBiT5k2ZV_l2h0SyvUCiCtQ5F1zOlJQXr3Z2a6_2ShaRTCUjrQii-oiZ6iYZDCSPkv3d61jDqJb2Fxpk4vLB0rrrdIMB=w825-h550-no
Sienna: This imposter dares to hold my hand![/QUOTE]
Too funny! She def is just like, ummm I wear the dress better.

I love the smiles in all of the princesses pictures. It makes the trip.

Way to go Chunckysis!

And they have this at Disney stroller rental right? Adult Strollers --> This way

That's awesome! How very nice of her :goodvibes

She's the only crafty one in the family. The rest of us are kinda like all thumbs.

Oh, Su-Lynn, I'm SO incredibly happy to hear that. May his progress continue :goodvibes

Thank you Tracy! :)

Nice! And yes, good use of the dresses they had already been donning :thumbsup2

I figured I'd be efficient and maximize the princess time while they all have their dresses.

So very happy to hear your dad continues to feel better. That’s fantastic news! :goodvibes

Thank you!!

Just followed your sis on insta and favorited her shop on Etsy. :thumbsup2

Thank you! My sister really appreciates it!

Looks like an amazing experience at Cinderella Castle. It’s too bad they can’t make the food commensurate with the price tag and environment ... but the looks on the girls’ faces make it worth every cent, I’m sure. I haven’t eaten there since I was a kid, a VERY long time ago, but I remember feeling like it was magic - and I don’t even think it was a character meal then, it was just the idea of being IN the castle. Love those Disney memories!

It is definitely really cool to be eating in the castle. I did warn everyone that the princesses are pretty much what they are paying for so they understood that. The food was not as blah as we expected it to be so that was nice. It just wasn't amazing. The girls had an awesome time though! And Bryan was just so happy to have a sword.

Glad to hear your dad continues to improve. I know how difficult this can be for families. Hang in there.

Thank you! We're all doing much better now!

I've never been to CRT. We always go to Akershus because, you know, price. It looks like everyone had a good time and those kiddos are absolutely adorable.

Yeah it is definitely a pretty penny to eat there, LOL. Hopefully it will be a one and done thing for the kids!

Did you do the dining plan or just pay oop? The character meals are such a great use of the dining plan.

We did OOP since Steve had the Tables in Wonderland card. We didn't really know how we'd end up doing with the meals with the kids. We may do it for another family trip just to test it out but overall we saved so much money with the TIW card last year that it was super worth it for us to get it. I'm not 100% sure we will get it next year as I don't think we will be going as often, however the 20% off for the alcoholic drinks was nice.

CRT and Akershus in the same day?! Lucky kids!

I know right?!? They must've had some super planner auntie...:rolleyes1

Good news about your dad! :)

Thank you! It is indeed.

Wouldn't that make her Slept Beauty?

Haha yes you're probably right. For that moment in the picture at least.

The nerve! How dare she!?!?

Inconceivable!

This sounds like just such a fun party!

It was! Only missing @pkondz and his stroller!

This would've been my thought too. I did it way back in '05. When there was only breakfast.
Lot of money that is definitely spent on characters, not food.

Yeah it is definitely one of those meals where the food is secondary.

Terrible plate presentation.

There was a seafood broth that sloshed all over the plate as they brought it out. As long as it didn't end up on me...

That looks good... except the shrimp seem out of place somehow.

Aww I'm sure the guy in charge of placing the shrimp on the plate would beg to differ...artistic differences? :rotfl:

Place is packed! Thanks for that photo. Really shows what it's like.

Oh yeah, it was really packed! It is consistently hard to get reservations here! I'm lucky we all got in at the same time!

That's really cool.

The DIY desserts for kids were cool as it kept them occupied!

Looks like a nice family Birthday lunch at CRT, we did it in November for Andi’s Birthday and I agree with your review, food was fine but the high price tag makes it a done that now for us as well. I have the same Cinderella shirt as you, it is so comfortable especially for those really hot days. All the children in your group looked so cute in their princess attire!

Definitely a one and done for us! I only went back because of my family so unless they do some dramatic change with CRT I probably won't be there in the future.
I love that shirt! Although the slit in the back is a little weird. But I guess I don't' really have pictures of the back of me for a reason. LOL
The kids loved the princess day!

So glad to hear your Dad is continuing to improve :hug:

Thank you!
Such great pictures with all the princesses princess:
CRT is so magical glad they got to experience it :goodvibes

Thanks! It is indeed special for the kids! It really made their day!

That looks really well done! like something you'd find at the Frozen dessert party!

Haha you're right!! Definitely looks like a professional little cupcake!

I just got caught up again! So glad to hear your dad is doing better.

Thank you so much!

You did a great job on Eva's makeover. So cute! And they really bring out a ton of princesses at CRT!

thank you! I tried my best.
The princesses there were great. All the classics!!

And they have this at Disney stroller rental right? Adult Strollers --> This way

Yes

It was! Only missing @pkondz and his stroller!

:laughing:

There was a seafood broth that sloshed all over the plate as they brought it out. As long as it didn't end up on me...

Valid point.

Aww I'm sure the guy in charge of placing the shrimp on the plate would beg to differ...artistic differences? :rotfl:

Yes. The difference being I’m right, he’s wrong.

It is consistently hard to get reservations here

Is it as bad now as it was back then?
You used to have to call at exactly 7:00 Eastern and quickly say “I need a table at Cindy’s on (date) for (number) people, any time.”
The CM (if you were lucky) would say “I have a table for ___ at ___ o’clock “

After it was done, they’d say hello.

This literally made me belly laugh out loud :) So totally what Sienna was thinking!!!!!

I am the baby whisperer!

I love all the pictures of random kids with random adults and princesses--some of those are awesome, especially the one with Snow White where it looks like almost everyone is accounted for!

Haha yeah almost!! It was so random, we just had a bunch of kids run up when the princesses came by. It was so funny.

Rob and I ate there for dinner in December, which was a first for us. I think it was my favorite meal there so far!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it!! It seems very romantic for dinner!

:lmao:

I'm picturing us as old biddies, still loving Disney, me making bad jokes and thinking I'm funny, you dragging Steven into the boat behind you... tehehe

I'm going to have to reserve that wheelchair boat...just sayin'
LOL

Great news that your dad is doing so much better! That's quite a weight loss, but otherwise it sounds like he's feeling much healthier, and your family must be relieved to see him feeling better.

Thank you! Yes we are all so relieved he's doing 110% better!

Oh my goodness, bless her!! What a precious little royal bean! :lovestruc Good you got the picture with the bow while you had the chance!

It was like the perfect shot at the right moment before she pulled the bow off because she didn't want to be a circus monkey anymore, haha.

:rotfl: Such a fashion faux pas!

Indeed!! Sienna wasn't having it!

Wow! That was quite the princess day!

It was!!

Just catching up, as I was away in February and had missed the previous update. The new picks are adorable, and I'm so glad to hear your Dad is doing better!

Thank you so much!!

I love that your nieces have learned to hold out their dresses so that their true inner princess can shine! It looks like they have had a fantastic time. All of your planning has paid off. Glad your dad's health is improving. I hope each day is better and better for him.

It's from watching me and Chunkysis! Actually Chunkysis more than anyone. She has got her poses down pat.
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it!

This is excellent news! So happy he's seeming to be improving!

Thank you so much!! Every day he's getting better and better! Hope the trend stays!

All of the princess photos and CRT are just super sweet. Looks like you all had a wonderful time even though the pricetag was a bit high. I didn't realize you got so many of them at that meal. A veritable Princesspalooza!!

It was! It was all the classic princesses together, it was awesome. Definitely a high pricetag but considering it was their first visit to Disney it had to be done!

Love all the pics at CRT. We’ve had dinner and breakfast there and overall thought it was just ok.

Yeah same here, the pictures are what you come here for...the food is secondary!

Too funny! She def is just like, ummm I wear the dress better.

For sure. Just missing those glass slippers!

I love the smiles in all of the princesses pictures. It makes the trip.

Thanks! They were so happy to meet all the princesses! It was worth it!

Way to go Chunckysis!

She did her duty as resident character guru!

I know I missed some updates here................and everywhere lol. So I read your CRT update and I'm going to try (again) to be better!
Looks like everyone had fun :)

I did not have high expectations of the food here as we had breakfast here in 2015 and we thought it was fine just not worth the high price tag.
I agree. Our one and only meal here was breakfast back in 2015, I guilted the boys into eating here so I could experience eating in the castle lol. The food was fine like you said but absolutely nothing special and certainly not worth the $200 or so that we paid. I'm fine not going there again until I have a granddaughter! We've been to Akershus twice, last time was 2014 though, however I preferred both our visits and meals there to CRT.

I'm glad to hear that your father is doing better. Hopefully that is still the case.

It looked like a nice meal at CRT. You got some cute princess shots, and the food does actually look like it was pretty good!

Also, an update on our dad - he is back home now and has been for almost a week! He is feeling much better.
So glad to hear this Su-Lynn. I hope he continues to improve.

I don't normally comment on these types of things, but I gotta say that Cindy might be just about the worst one I've ever seen. I'm not getting her at all.

Overall we were quite happy with the appetizers. I did not have high expectations of the food here as we had breakfast here in 2015 and we thought it was fine just not worth the high price tag. The appetizers for lunch were good though.
I'm surprised they had options that were more on the "adventurous" side. I was expected fried mozzarella instead of some delicious looking charcuterie.

It wasn't too long before we got our first visitors! Since there was so many of us, it was hard to coordinate who was to be with who in the pictures. Most of the adults were actually not interested to be in the pictures, so it was like a "grab the nearest kid" and take a picture kinda thing, LOL.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I can only fathom the chaos.

I gotta say Ariel is a total ringer for Megan Trainor!

GxShDEYRPV1FSQmptzTCNd95FF5Shg02i8v8s13gX6FtO15TW5WtfJPXv9FdMEpzlXMEu9xyd7uyrYQnzV6aZiBbQpODxOyUmNhmggXmmciRLbVCFHYFy_DASdiBUqIVL9BksVnfA3ELSvL5twqnjLrzDrRoe_Ddldo-3gP_Y9wyswekhvxCwaQdIrKgJyrIe2CF1rlB4XuhwX_IUvD1dsr5PrwLXOl2JHjPALwtKsq_3uj-xWf8r3x3Osc-sJHJjKtnmBdboMBdCmAMt8v-mjlvEj1mT99Afi4Nfr6TWvp9uqncqvnL5q6POMN_maoSefNGmJj2P_LudUrJDobmWAbqEH_Y2Iwv_K3erDbwpTH9-4UQpLbrCOk1-C3OQ3s8O-otEcnnbtq68pYGt18dD0ePH6xUQ5-SzuZxYTQaKGfa1fsDICj3y4l_GXJuJb2pIRsZZG_hRc4YOsm1xOFNxeo9rJCLpkClbloh2MYg1fnEZsT0W6-8Spzj66V22bHCNYj_NP4h9ZAk26EnwVAQV9e-R0KIkk2ahHnPly_QRRSW7TC1tH0Rt53Ht27JTmp1HGSTPtTThpPUBEapGuvDPZu8YmEhkePq0GumACnu=w850-h637-no

Catch of the day - think this was a salmon which was seared and served a top a spicy pasta with seafood. This dish had nice flvor and was seasoned well and the fish was cooked perfectly. It would have been a good dish except the pasta was overcooked and I can't stand that! Please Disney stop overcooking your pasta!
Aside from the overcooked pasta, this looks and sounds surprisingly good. We've never done CRT, largely because if I'm gonna pay that much to eat I'm going to be at a signature restaurant with actual signature food, but their quality of food offerings seems much higher than I'd expect.

So glad your dad is doing better. I know how hard it is when loved ones have medical scares will keep praying for you all.
I love the pictures of all the girls with princesses what a great way to spend your birthday. Lucky girls to have such a great aunt to plan this special trip for them.
I love your shirt!! Cinderella is my favorite. Have never seen that one.
Look forward reading rest of your report.

I'm so glad to hear your dad is doing better. One day at a time. :hug:

Sienna realized someone was wearing the same dress as her. She was not amused.

24kujQ4XtFila_oiHWzDcbVUNgAAH0TOP4_y_UvWkzCPH5Rw6AgoVOrLvaJRQiTTc-mooRS7OdxR4L13DksUVCO-dwVWhnX_KQ38TecUyYZu_X9KAWXMSWpitbje_veySXfdHb8cavC9Kucn4lO_L-_FAowlAFSgzHw-AwZ13NSO3MgFyyIyo0NlNSoDE344m93Kuy_LvKBy9t5UpHEhfGDahhzo2jNLWF50yCsZRgffKZtbvZiQQatVXuwwUv_4_zP8eT16xru-RvdpeFHlBx45ChhdoXRZw9nIry_Vwr1bPgl__9d8xMybM_Whf2q1owORI7AG1QKZizuwKyxA_0WbVVqiKIZJDocp5K3i6OCYwBO4oDgNqz7fJLZmi-w5pPwpje0zZH8Ij7X1kmnv47KOB7STwMLZV8_yJ_Rhd9pumxI0xCQTse7w4l5pGeZeNQOvoBiWR6Jk5NJNy73KmfxnaQWTd_DyRtT1v1BhvHu0N0aR4C0aU7ZOQdfMEqtjtOScG3ED8TPsTBiT5k2ZV_l2h0SyvUCiCtQ5F1zOlJQXr3Z2a6_2ShaRTCUjrQii-oiZ6iYZDCSPkv3d61jDqJb2Fxpk4vLB0rrrdIMB=w825-h550-no

LOL!!!

Wow, the pictures at CRT are so cute! Love all the kids with the princesses. That's funny that the adults were "borrowing" kids so they could be in photos.

:laughing:

I have never dined at CRT. With boys, it has never been a priority with us. Probably never will be unless we are someday blessed with granddaughters. In the future...

::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!