'Ohana Restaurant Review

Ohana is our favorite Disney World restaurant hands-down. We go there nearly every trip.

ITA agree that it’s about the whole package—not just the food. The atmosphere, the resort itself, the entertainment, the drinks and the food all add up to a wonderful experience for me and my family.

I don’t see any mention of drinks in your review so it could be that you and Sarah don’t imbibe. I am a huge fan of the Lapu-Lapu which is the rum punch served in a pineapple shell. No visit to Ohana is complete for me without one.

And I enjoy your reviews and photos. Hopefully, you don’t take the criticism of wannabe moderators to heart and change your format. I don’t find your reviews any less clear or more hyperbolic than others I read here and elsewhere. :)

Ohana is our favorite Disney World restaurant hands-down. We go there nearly every trip.

ITA agree that it’s about the whole package—not just the food. The atmosphere, the resort itself, the entertainment, the drinks and the food all add up to a wonderful experience for me and my family.

I don’t see any mention of drinks in your review so it could be that you and Sarah don’t imbibe. I am a huge fan of the Lapu-Lapu which is the rum punch served in a pineapple shell. No visit to Ohana is complete for me without one.

And I enjoy your reviews and photos. Hopefully, you don’t take the criticism of wannabe moderators to heart and change your format. I don’t find your reviews any less clear or more hyperbolic than others I read here and elsewhere. :)
Yeah the whole experience is really awesome! We will certainly be going back!

With the drinks, we certainly have looked over the drinks menus at Disney World every single time we visit! Our problem is that we are far too cheap to spend anything above the Dining Plan. That is why we are so excited to visit during 2018! The drinks menu was particularly appealing at 'Ohana because we love those kinds of delicious, rum-based drinks.

I appreciate that feedback! I find all criticism as feedback that can help make me better. If I find something helpful, I am happy to add it to make everyone's experience better!

Thanks for the love!

Just a tip that I read on the Dining Plan subforum—you can order a Lapu Lapu with DDP, but you have to get it in a regular glass, no pineapple.

The Lapu Lapu is my favorite there, but the Back Scratcher is also good.

And there’s another tip—make sure that you read the drink menu. The descriptions of the tropical drinks are quite humorous.

Thanks for another great review...we're trying to squeeze it in for our next trip...so many places to eat...so little time!

@Alex Coleman great review! We went in November and experienced dinner for the first time and loved it. We had always gone for breakfast (which we also love there) but figured we'd try dinner this time. We brought our 3 children (ages 7, 5, 2) and they all loved something different about it. My DS (7) loved the wings and the steak. My DD (5) couldn't get enough of the noodles. My DD (2) was amazed by the ukulele performer. He came next to our table and she turned around and just stared at him smiling while he played. He turned to her and kept playing, smiling at her and must have played in front of her for at least 3-4 minutes. She loved it. And of course we all loved the dessert. Great time there. Thanks for writing such a detailed review!!

Thanks for the pictures - it is making me hungry. We eat at Ohana each trip. We have gone over a dozen times and really enjoyed every meal. I would say that it is not a quiet restaurant as the coconut races can get loud. We don't mind it know - it adds to the atmosphere.

Thanks for another great review...we're trying to squeeze it in for our next trip...so many places to eat...so little time!
You are very welcome!

That is our issue when we go there! We can't eat everywhere and we want to!

@Alex Coleman great review! We went in November and experienced dinner for the first time and loved it. We had always gone for breakfast (which we also love there) but figured we'd try dinner this time. We brought our 3 children (ages 7, 5, 2) and they all loved something different about it. My DS (7) loved the wings and the steak. My DD (5) couldn't get enough of the noodles. My DD (2) was amazed by the ukulele performer. He came next to our table and she turned around and just stared at him smiling while he played. He turned to her and kept playing, smiling at her and must have played in front of her for at least 3-4 minutes. She loved it. And of course we all loved the dessert. Great time there. Thanks for writing such a detailed review!!
Thank you!

I am so happy that you had a great experience! It seems like a lot of people are starting to view Ohana as a previously great restaurant that is going downhill. We had a good experience so I can't speak to that.

I am happy that your kids had a good experience they are adventurous eaters and that is going to be really great for your family as you continue to tour! There really seems to be a good experience that can be available for everyone at Ohana. If you want a relaxing place to eat, you can have it, if your kids want to play, they can have it!

The dessert is the real draw, though, let's be honest! :D

Thanks for the pictures - it is making me hungry. We eat at Ohana each trip. We have gone over a dozen times and really enjoyed every meal. I would say that it is not a quiet restaurant as the coconut races can get loud. We don't mind it know - it adds to the atmosphere.
I know I can't write these reviews and look at the pictures without being hungry!

The large-ness of the restaurant perhaps protected my wife and I from most of the noise. We sat on the opposite end away from the MK which may have helped.

IDK if this is the right place to ask this (and if it's not, my apologies) but is it possible to get a "regular" kid's meal here? I have 1 son who will basically only eat chicken fingers or grilled cheese. the rest of my kids are fine with whatever but i peeked at the menu and am now a bit concerned.

thank you!!!

IDK if this is the right place to ask this (and if it's not, my apologies) but is it possible to get a "regular" kid's meal here? I have 1 son who will basically only eat chicken fingers or grilled cheese. the rest of my kids are fine with whatever but i peeked at the menu and am now a bit concerned.

thank you!!!
Yes, you can get a “regular” kid’s meal for a picky eater.

We love 'Ohana - what more can I say???

Have dined there more years than I can count, some vacations more than once. We have never had a bad meal or service. Our recent ressie was 3 weeks ago. Reservations are still hard to get at times, so guess there are many more that love it than give it bad marks. Glad you enjoyed it!

We love 'Ohana - what more can I say???

Have dined there more years than I can count, some vacations more than once. We have never had a bad meal or service. Our recent ressie was 3 weeks ago. Reservations are still hard to get at times, so guess there are many more that love it than give it bad marks. Glad you enjoyed it!
I am happy to hear that you love it so much, we did too! We will be going back in November!

I am trying to figure out how highly I need to prioritize this ADR. We will be doing BOG for breakfast and CRT for dinner so those will probably need to take priority.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter