O'hana won't take 2 people?

This tip was a big help! I am going solo for work in 2 weeks and have had a reservation finder for 1 going for O'Hana for over a month with no results. I changed it to look for 3 and got 2 hits within 2 days!
Problem though- MDE will not let me edit the party down. When I select modify and change the number of guests to one, it says there are no reservations available. Am I missing something here? It seems others have been able to modify the number with no problem.
There's no reason to do so. Leave it as 2, show up with 1. No questions are asked.

This tip was a big help! I am going solo for work in 2 weeks and have had a reservation finder for 1 going for O'Hana for over a month with no results. I changed it to look for 3 and got 2 hits within 2 days!
Problem though- MDE will not let me edit the party down. When I select modify and change the number of guests to one, it says there are no reservations available. Am I missing something here? It seems others have been able to modify the number with no problem.

I believe they load the system with a fixed seating inventory for 1 person, 2 people, 3, people, etc.. It's not a smart system that tries to Tetris parties into tables. So it won't know that it can also fit a party of 1 into a table for 2... or that a party of 3 can fit in a table for 4. If you modify your reservation, it doesn't consider that the same table can fit one fewer person. It looks for inventory for that exact number, and comes back with no availability. It's kind of annoying and hasn't been a priority for Disney to fix for many years. Perhaps the logic needed to fix it would break other things on their site, Who knows?

My guess is that it works fine for the most common party sizes. But maybe they just set aside a few seatings each day for solo travelers, and when they're gone, you'll have to look for the party of 2.

There's no reason to do so. Leave it as 2, show up with 1. No questions are asked.

Can also confirm. I've done this a few times when in Orlando on my own. I show up and give my name:
CM: "all right... here we go... party of two?"
Me: "it will actually just be me tonight"
CM: "great, right this way!"

The only real downside is that if you don't show up for a reservation for 2, they will charge you two no-show fees. If you're worried about that, you can call (407) 824-1391 or send guest services a message and they can override the system.

Went to make my 180 day ADRs today and O'hana was telling me nothing availble. Seemed a little odd seeing how I was 6am on the dot. (But I haven't been able to find anything the past few days either).
So when I add a third person there are lots of times available.
So can two people not go to Ohana? Am I missing something?
I made the reservation for 3 but now wondering what to do from here, suggestions?
I had exactly the same problem for a late April dinner show at Rose n Crown for Epcot Forever, started checking reservations on the exact first day I was able to; nothing for 2, plenty for 3. So I made the booking for 3 and my friend and I got our reservation. It seems to be happening a lot this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter