Ohana's Kids Entertainment

DisneyMomx7

DIS Veteran
Ohana sounds like a great place for kids. We were thinking of doing dd's birthday there. I have a question about the coconut races, hula hoops etc. Is there a certain time that they start doing them. We were thinking of trying for a 6:30 PS so we would have time to eat and go over the MK for parade and fireworks. Transportation isn't an issue since we're staying at GF. Is this late enough for the kids activities or should we wait for a 7:00 PS. Incidentally, has anybody else done a kids birthday there, we keep going back between Ohana's, Chef Mickey's and Cinderella's Gala Feast. We're going to do all three. Does everyone celebrate their child's birthday just the one day, or do you ever turn it into a week long celebration?

We had a 5:00pm PS and were seated probably around 5:15. Our whole meal was maybe an hour. They did the coconut races twice during our dinner, but no hula hoop contests. They did say the hula hoops would be starting soon,but we didnt hang around to see. I dont know if they are on the same schedule of what they do every night or if it was just a fluke that they didnt have the hula hoop contests early that night. But I would think 6:30 would be perfect.

Celebrate your child's birthday as many times as you would like. We went at Christmas for my daughter's birthday, and let all of the restaurants know as well as our resort. She received autographed pictures of Mickey and Cinderella and balloons daily at our room. Different restaurants celebrate differently. Crystal Palace - the characters came for her before the parade and had a card signed by all of them, also a cupcake. CRT - the princesses all signed a certificate recognizing her special day. They also decorated our table with Mickey confetti. I cannot recall any others at the moment, but all of the restaurants were very accomodating.:bounce: :bounce:

When we were there last June they did the coconut races twice and the hula hoop contest once during our meal. Our PS was at 8:30 and I think we were there about an hour.

I asked this on another thread, but maybe this would better. What is on the kids menu? My kids like Chicken Fingers, Grilled Cheese, Pizza, Burgers. Are these available there? DW and I loved it here but are not sure if the kids will like it. Jay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter