Ohanas Review

katebeth

Mouseketeer
We very unexpectly ate at Ohanas the second day of our trip. We did not have plans to eat here, but we had ADR's at the Kona Cafe and while we were waiting for it to open, we thought we would just ask to see how long the wait was for Ohanas (the day before we checked to see if any ADR's were available and according to the CM at the guest relations at MK, there was nothing available)

They said it would be about a 20-30 min. wait. We didn't think that sounded too bad so we decided to have a seat and order a drink. Before we could even sit down, our buzzer went off and they were ready to seat us

OMG...........SO MUCH FOOD!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

It was soooooooooo good. We ate just a little of the salad, had some of the wontons (DD6 loved these) The chicken wings and shrimp were super yummy but the meat on the skewers was wonderful. It was all so tender...and what good flavor. The potatoes were a hit with the whole family

We all loved the dessert also. We really enjoyed this meal...not just because the food was so good, but because it was unplanned...that made it even better :thumbsup2

can you order a different dessert at Ohanna than the bread pudding? I am a fan of neither bananas or bread pudding :sad2:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

The Sweetness said:
can you order a different dessert at Ohanna than the bread pudding? I am a fan of neither bananas or bread pudding :sad2:

I think you can order a dessert that's served over at Kona, but you still might want to give it a try. I don't like bananas or bread pudding either, but this is probably one of the best desserts that I've every had.

I agree with Chrisypoo....I would give the bread pudding a try. My whole family loved it...and DH is not a bread pudding fan. The banana fosters sauce is soooooooooo good...It really does not taste like regular banana's foster. Just a yummy brown sugar sauce :thumbsup2

Maybe I should add this to my trip? I added on 3 nights I wonder if I can get an ADR last minute? Thanks for the review!

We've done O'hana character breakfast several times and really enjoyed. Added dinner ADR before MVMCP this year and am really looking forward. Thanks for the post!!!

Are the characters at Ohana's dinner? I thought they were only at breakfast but another post made me think they were at dinner too.
Thanks!
Katy :sunny:

Thanks for sharing your review. Glad you were able to get in and glad you enjoyed the meal. Must have been some pixie dust that night! pixiedust:

Katy Belle said:
Are the characters at Ohana's dinner? I thought they were only at breakfast but another post made me think they were at dinner too.
Thanks!
Katy :sunny:

No. That may have been my post. We decided against the character breakfast and are doing the regular dinner instead. (We loved the character breakfast though.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter