Ohio DVC Owners

Northeast Ohio here (Old Key West). We are also new owners (less than a year). We have 2 kids, so our travel schedule is mostly dictated by sports schedules and school. We love beginning of May and the fall. This year we are trying end of May. We typically stay a week to 10 nights and enjoy split stays. Our preferred airport is a Cleveland, but we’ve flown out of Akron canton before as well. We’ve flown to MCO 8-10 times in the last 5 years, and have had much success with spirit. For the first time we are trying frontier because the departure time out of CLE is better/cost was much cheaper. Looking forward to the responses on this thread 😃

Northeast Ohio here (Old Key West). We are also new owners (less than a year). We have 2 kids, so our travel schedule is mostly dictated by sports schedules and school. We love beginning of May and the fall. This year we are trying end of May. We typically stay a week to 10 nights and enjoy split stays. Our preferred airport is a Cleveland, but we’ve flown out of Akron canton before as well. We’ve flown to MCO 8-10 times in the last 5 years, and have had much success with spirit. For the first time we are trying frontier because the departure time out of CLE is better/cost was much cheaper. Looking forward to the responses on this thread 😃

We are Clevelanders and love Frontier. Never had any issues flying into MCO. We've done the cheap flights with nothing but a backback and done the works and packed enough for a week stay. I have to say it's worth paying for the upgrade and getting the stretch seats and it's still cheaper than other full service airlines.

I am more of a Northwest Ohio transplant as I am originally from Ashtabula, OH. (Hour east of Cleveland) But, I will say, I do love that Toledo/NW Ohio does not get the snow like NE Ohio does :rotfl2:

I have had great experiences with Spirit and Frontier! Frontier definitely would be my first choice. We just used American this most recent time to MCO and it was awful lol.

I am more of a Northwest Ohio transplant as I am originally from Ashtabula, OH. (Hour east of Cleveland) But, I will say, I do love that Toledo/NW Ohio does not get the snow like NE Ohio does :rotfl2:

I have had great experiences with Spirit and Frontier! Frontier definitely would be my first choice. We just used American this most recent time to MCO and it was awful lol.
Yay. Another NE Ohio person! I'm originally from Jefferson, OH! Now in Columbus, and we fly Southwest out of CMH. Lots of direct flight options from Columbus.

Thanks for starting this thread! We live just south of Cleveland and are new RIV owners. We typically travel in early December but are going to try and branch out to other times of year (thinking March-May or Aug.-Sept.). We usually use the United or Spirit non-stop from CLE. Both arrive early a.m. so we can get into the parks by lunch on the first day of our vacation.

Northeast Ohio here. We live east of Cleveland. Hopkins is our first choice but I also check Pittsburgh.

We are in process of buying BLT resale. We passed ROFR but seller can’t close until May.

Northeast Ohio here. We live east of Cleveland. Hopkins is our first choice but I also check Pittsburgh.

We are in process of buying BLT resale. We passed ROFR but seller can’t close until May.

Congrats! I hope your closing goes smooth.

Also, I originally read your location to be “east cleveland” which, as you know, is significantly different than east of Cleveland.

We are based in Columbus, for now.
Own at BCV and travel to WDW spring and fall because we live in Lakeside, OH during the summer months.
Southwest out of CMH are the easiest flights for us.

We are Clevelanders and love Frontier. Never had any issues flying into MCO. We've done the cheap flights with nothing but a backback and done the works and packed enough for a week stay. I have to say it's worth paying for the upgrade and getting the stretch seats and it's still cheaper than other full service airlines.
Do you use DME? If so, do you have to take luggage to airport?

Do you use DME? If so, do you have to take luggage to airport?

Yes, we've taken DME with luggage and without. Frontier doesn't have resort checkin so you do have to transport your luggage yourself. It really isn't a big deal to us. Going home I kind of like being in charge of my luggage anyhow.

SSR owner since 2012 here. Am I the only driver? I hate flying! I love being the mistress of my destiny. I get to dictate when I arrive and when I leave, well sort of. Oh and what I bring with me, within reason. I live on the great shores of Lake Erie just east of Cleveland.

SSR owner since 2012 here. Am I the only driver? I hate flying! I love being the mistress of my destiny. I get to dictate when I arrive and when I leave, well sort of. Oh and what I bring with me, within reason. I live on the great shores of Lake Erie just east of Cleveland.
We drive sometimes but I prefer flying. I have always rented a car when we fly. I just thought that if part of my family took DME, I could rent a smaller car. It’s hard fitting 3-4 suitcases in a lot of vehicles. That being said I would need to use an airline that offers resort check in.

We drive sometimes but I prefer flying. I have always rented a car when we fly. I just thought that if part of my family took DME, I could rent a smaller car. It’s hard fitting 3-4 suitcases in a lot of vehicles. That being said I would need to use an airline that offers resort check in.
Actually we use that XCargo thing on top of the car. Keeps everything neat and tidy. Only the stuff we need is in the car. I'm so strict, every stop I make them all throw out their trash.

I was contemplating doing a 10-day trip and driving. Are there any midpoint cities that you like to spend the night / visit? Or, do you just drive straight through?

Medina county (just south of Cleveland) here. We own resale at BRV and AKV and travel mostly in January. I prefer Akron Canton to Cleveland airport because it is so small and TSA is super friendly. I fly mainly Spirit and just FYI: if you buy spirit tickets at the airport, they will be about 18 dollars cheaper on a one way ticket (so double that for a round trip). Spirit has certain online fees that get waived when you buy in person. That is a significant savings depending on the number of tickets you buy! Visiting in the winter gives us a nice break from all the grumpy, cold, salty street, and pothole vibes around here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!