Ok need help!

hydster

<font color=teal>Self Proclaimed <font color=green
We are almost ready to go on our first trip to WDW and on the Disney Cruise. We have 3 kids ages 9, 7 and 3 1/2 and we have NO idea what we are doing. Are there any rides that are MUST see?? We have PS for Cindy's castle the first morning so we will do WDW that day. Any rides that we MUST see there?? We have been to Disneyland many times (cheaper and easier for us to get to) so is there anything we should do at Disneyworld? Also we have never been there and are thinking that we will skip Epcot due to the fact that our kids are so small and really just want to ride rides. Is that a huge mistake? We have limited time in the parks...we have Friday and Saturday and the following Thurs and Friday and then we come home..only 4 days in the parks so we would like to do the things that would interest our kids. We plan on going to MGM on Saturday for the day with the kids but is there really enough for my little one to do there??? Is it a huge mistake if we miss Animal Kingdom??? With so few days there (we realize we should have spent more time but cant right now) so we want to get the most "bang for our buck" so to speak. Can anyone give me any ideas of what we should see, dont miss, can miss and if we are really going to miss out if we dont hit all 4 parks? We have NO interest in doing the water parks so that is out for us so we just have the 4 parks but we KNOW our kids LOVE Disney so we are thinking of just spending 1 day in MGM and the other 3 in WDW...is that a huge mistake??
Any advice you can give a first timer?? I know DL like the back of my hand but feel overwhelmed at WDW. We are avid cruisers (without kids however) so I am a little prepared for that but the WDW thing has me stumped!
HELP a mother close to having system overload!
Thanks!
Heidi

Hi Heidi, I have 3 kids aged 9 (boy), 6(girl) and 4 (girl) here is a quick overview of what we love. Basically we love everything but here are some (only) of the highlights:
MK
small world, we love it
peter pans flight
winnie the pooh
pirates
buzz lightyear My Sons favorite ride in WDW
the mountains
The parades and fireworks

MGM
Indianna jones show
muppet 3d show
little mermaid show
playhouse disney show
honey i shrunk the kids play area
rock n roller coaster
great movie ride
FANTASMIC

We love Epcot even the little ones
the land ride
test track
mexico ride
norway ride
spaceship earth
kid cot stations
passport stamps
TON parade
illuminatins
innoventions

We like AK; many do not
Tough to be a bug
Kilmanjaro safari
Tarzan Rocks
Nature trails
Kali river rapids (very wet)
You can do AK in a half day/ then go to whichever park is staying open the latest.

good luck

Not sure how best to split your four park days but, maybe you should reconsider doing two days at MK, as you have already done Disneyland. I would definitely stay in MK after your Cinderella breakfast - u are paying park admission if you are in the castle anyway and it would be more magical if you were to stay in the park after.

My kids were 3 and a half and six last time we visited. They love Epcot - especially Future World. There is so much to see their. They especially love Honey I Shrunk the Audience, The Land and Spaceship Earth.

Also, don't rule out Animal Kingdom, if you have time - even just a morning there would be great. The Safari is a must do and so is Tough to Be a Bug.

Yes, not going to AK and Epcot would be a huge mistake. I've taken kids the age of yours and younger to Epcot, and they had a great time. My 10 and 8 yr. olds would not put up with us missing either Epcot or AK. Your kids are not too young for Epcot. Since DL is easier for you to get to, then spend only a day in the MK, because although it isn't exactly the same, it's pretty close. Take advantage of seeing new things.

Have you considered buying a guide book? I think you should get your hands on the Unofficial Guide and the Official Guide. The UG tells you how to get the most out of your time, and the OG gives you better descriptions of the attractions.

Hi Heidi,
I have an 8 yr. old son and 6 yr. old daughter and agree with the previous posters. Kidzmom3 had a great list of attractions that your kids might like in each park. If you are going to be in the parks for 4 days, you could purchase the 4 day park hopper tickets which would allow you to do more than one park per day. You could do AK one morning and hop over to another park in the afternoon. Because Epcot is always open late, you could do the other parks early in the day and Epcot in the evenings.

In my opinion, your 9 and 7 year olds are old enough to help with the planning, if you're so inclined to let them ;) . They could tell you what they would like to see and do in the different parks and you could plan your touring based on their "must do" lists. It's important to remember that with 4 days there is no way to see and do it all, but you can still have a wonderful time with some careful advance planning. Hope you have a great trip!

By the way, we used to live in Utah and miss it...:(

If you can hop to other parks with your passes then it will really help to maximize your time and make you feel like you got your money's worth. Since you aren't too sure you want to visit AK and Epcot I would suggest do AK in the morning (Safari, Tough to be a bug, and Festival of the Lion King at least) and then hop to Epcot in the evening since it is open later. I would then spend one day at MGM and one at MK. The fourth day can be spent at your favorite park, or two favorite parks if you like.

My 2 1/2 year old and 5 year old loved Epcot. I don't know why so many people think it's not for young kids. Just don't spend a lot of time at Innoventions (experiment area). We did Epcot late afternoon/evening. The reasoning was that the food choices in Epcot were really the best of any parks and we were able to fit in the Epcot rides after dinner.

At least go to Epcot for Illuminations--as another poster said with park hopper passes you can always spend time in another park and then "hop" over to Epcot in the evening. My kids (9 and 2)loved Epcot. I also recommend making "must do" lists and let the older kids help in planning. Relax-it's Walt Disney World and no matter how you spend your time it will be magical!!

I agree that to skip any park would be a big mistake. By age 9 Epcot had almost passed MK as my DS's favorite park. We love all the parks and find something there for every age person. I would also agree to spend less time at MK as you go often to DL. I would plan a day at each park and then if you find that your family is not interested in a park, just hop to another one. I think that you will be surprised and even overwelmed at the vast size of WDW as a whole. I went as a child when there was just MK and as a teen when there was just MK and Epcot. When I went back with my own family, I was blown away by the growth. Go, relax and have a ball with the kids.

Jordan's mom

Must agree - missing any of the parks would be a huge mistake. There is something for EVERY age at EVERY park.

Go with a 4-day hopper & have a blast seeing as much as you can!!

for your opinions! We have decided to do the following...hopefully it will work out and be the best we can do.

Friday - Cindy's Castle for PS Breakfast and then WDW that day.

Saturday - MGM for the whole day

Sunday - Animal Kingdom for the morning then heading off to the ship for the 4 day cruise.

Thursday - WDW for 1/2 day and MGM for the other 1/2

Friday - Either WDW or Animal Kingdom for the morning and Epcot for the afternoon

Saturday - Back to Epcot or WDW until we have to leave for our flight out.

That way we get to see all the parks and get a fair amount of time in each one!

I really appreciate all of your input and cant wait to go!
Thanks again!
Heidi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter