Ok, so how crazy will I look?

InsanelyMickey

Mouseketeer
I just got my "big Mickey hands" today. You know, those ones like the "real" Mickey wears! I'm planning on using them at the Bon Voyage party to wave goodbye. Just wondering if anyone else has ever done anything crazy like this? DH thinks I'm insane between my Mickey ears and now the hands. :p

I think it's an inspired idea and I'm sorry I didn't think of it for my first Disney cruise tomorrow. You show a definite enthusiasm and confidence to be who you want to be not who you are "expected" to be. I say go for it. Can you imagine how great you are going to look with those hands and ears waving from the cruise ship. So many people on dock are going to be jealous. And I'm sure they are thinking to themselves that you are one person who knows how to have a good time.

We just returned from our first cruise....you'll love it! And no, it is not crazy to wear the hands! The bon voyage party will be perfect for them! Make the folks on the Carnival cruise wish they could join the DCL!!!!

go for it!
I have my 12 mini-bottles of bubbles ready to bring with me Nov 30th! And I have 2 kid maracas w/streamers, etc that Im bringing for our tropical party. Hey, if my 10yr wont use these, I will - lol

PhillyCB-
Your first Disney cruise tomorrow?! You must be sooo excited right now! :Pinkbounc How are you sitting still long enough to type? LOL. Thank you for your thoughful comments. This will be my first cruise also. We're not going until December and I can't imagine what state of mind I'll be in the night before! I hope you have a WONDERful trip!

two-foxes-
Thank you! I agree about the Carnival cruise folks - they should be on the DCL! :cool:

imgoingtodisney-

Thank you for reminding me!!! I have this bubble set with a wand in the shape of Mickey Mouse! I'm guessing the bubbles are supposed to look like Mickey but I haven't tried it because I was saving it for the cruise. I had completely forgotten about it until I read your post! Enjoy the bubbles! Hmmm, I might have a hard time blowing bubbles with those huge Mickey hands, though! That will be a sight! :p

Insanely Mickey:

being on the board is the only thing that's keeping me from pacing throughout the house. I'm driving my husband crazy. he doesn't travel so he just doesn't get the whole anticipation thing.

I'm so jealous of the Mickey hands though. I really wish I had thought of it. But I would never steal your idea. I'm one of those people who dresses up every year for Halloween and trick or treats around the office. sometimes I get candy and sometimes I get post its but it's fun anyway. This year I won't be able to get dressed up though, flying home that day and I called the airline and the Orlando airport, I was going to be Elvis. Both told me that if I didn't have an Elvis passport/driver's license, I may not get on the plane. Difficult times. :(

PhillyCB-
I am sure you just described what my night before will be like also. DH will probably be ready to send me on a whole separate vacation by then. I'm already driving him crazy with planning!

I'm sorry I didn't post about the hands sooner so you could've had time to get some. They've even been marked down again at the Disney store online!:( I would've had no problem with someone else using "my idea", especially a fellow DISer! Who knows, maybe I'll inspire some other December 19 Wonder cruisers to go out and get some and we can all be Mickey together! I'm sure you will have a great time without the hands, though :)

Your Elvis story was too funny. :p

You will certainly give a thrill to the Disney employees standing on the to level of the terminal, waving their Mickey hands. Bet noone waves back like that very often! Your only problem might be figuring how to fit them into the luggage with everything else. Diana

Originally posted by PhillyCB
This year I won't be able to get dressed up though, flying home that day and I called the airline and the Orlando airport, I was going to be Elvis. Both told me that if I didn't have an Elvis passport/driver's license, I may not get on the plane. Difficult times. :(

Hey PhillyCB,

Visit this ebay auction and you can dress up!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=914936440

:jester:

Julie

Sounds like a great idea to wave using Mickey Hands. You'll be able to wave to the Disney Castmembers at the cruise terminal as the ship pulls out, they're outside waving goodbye to the cruisers.

There's another group of CMs that wave from the dock at Castaway Cay as the ship pulls away from there too.

Hey Cruise, you are not going to believe this, but I actually have that driver's license in my wallet. LOL

I could have been Elvis on the plane ride home, bummer.:(

When I get back I'll have to post a pic of me as Elvis a few years back.

Well, it's the day of my cruise and I'm online waiting for my friend to get out of the bathroom so we can leave for the airport. It's only a 15 minute drive from my house so not a problem and it's only 7 a.m. here. My plane leaves at 10 and at 12:30 I'll be in Orlando.

hope I haven't forgotten anything.

Elvis isn't dead, he went back to his home planet!!!
:cool:

Hey, watch it about us Carnival cruisers. LOL We got a great rate for just DH and I in Jan. It's about 1/2 of the DCL price. Since we've never cruised before, and we are leaving DS home for some alone time, we decided to go cheap. Nothing like starting at the "bottom" and working our way up to DCL. ;)

I am going to take bubbles for our cruise. I don't know what Carnival will say, but I am going to try it. I love the idea of the Mickey hands! (I would probably get thrown off Carnival for that, though) I bet you'll draw the attention of the photographers, too. It's sure to make a great picture!Have a great time!

We've got our Mickey Mitts™ all ready to go for the Member Cruise - we'll definitely be waving bye to Port Canaveral! :earsboy:

:o Oops! Sorry, idontknow, and all other Carnival cruisers! Didn't mean any offense - just that we'd love to have you over on DCL with us :smooth: Thanks for the well wishes, idontknow, and I hope you enjoy your cruise also. Have fun with the bubbles! :D

MarkRG-

Sounds great! Have fun! I'm sure I will! :)

I have Mickey confetti - will DCL allow us to throw this? We got "pixie dust" when we had dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table and I have been saving it.

I think I am going to bring some bubble too - for the kids and kids at heart.

The Mickey hands sound great - maybe I can pick some up with in DW!!

Lisa

RIDISNEYLOVERS-

I don't know if DCL allows the confetti, but it sounds like a neat idea!! Have fun with the bubbles. Good luck finding the Mickey hands, that would be great if you can pick up some!
:Pinkbounc

You won't be out of place with the Mickey hand....I have seen people use these before and they are alot of fun!!! It's great to get in the spirit of things!!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter