OKW 2/11 - 2/16 [long]

pb4ugo

Wishing on every star
checked in on sunday around 3pm - brief wait, room assignment could not have been further than the requested 1st fl/smoking/miller rd area - 1st fl was most important due to DH hip surgery - wound up in turtle pond neighborhood 1st fl non-smoking; got room 4413 - across from pool and right on the corner of the bus turn-around. i can tell ya that all week the buses ran from 7am 'til after 2am every 20 mins ['cept after 10pm - then maybe every 30 mins!]. bus noise was loudest in the living room but could even be heard in the bedroom and bath - there was no way to get away from it unless you left the area - unfortunately this was supposed to be a restful, no park vacation - maybe bext year.

the great part about the room was that the mousekeeper for that room really took pride in her work! the room, appliances, counters and floors were spotless! this was such a welcome change from the musty, moldy room we had last year in turtle pond. i was so pleased to meet my mousekeeper and tell her how much we appreciated her work. we were also greeted with a towel castle in the entryway. she received a pleasant gratiuty upon our departure - hope she got a kick out of the mousekeeping envelope from mouseforless.com

the building we were in seemed to have been painted on the exterior since last year. and our corner had a lovely smoker's niche out in front of ours and the neighboring villa. so we used that area to enjoy an occasional smoke despite the manager on sunday telling us that it is okay to smoke on the patio of a non-smoking villa - we knew better because of reading here. the interior just showed the normal wear of fraying carpeting and stained furniture. maintenance staff did come and regrout around the commode and a few other bathroom spots during our stay, but it was not an inconvenience.

the room assigner must hate me because this is my third stay there where none of my requests are met and we have to hassle our check-in cm to read the requests and get us at least the 1st fl room. i think i'll just make that a medical necessity in the future - and keep going back to okw 'til the assigner puts me in a smoking room!

sun, mon and tues were pool and shopping days - sunny and warm! wed was good for the pool in the morning, but left when the winds kicked up in the afternoon. we took some time to walk around the resort when the weather took a turn for cooler temps - decided we really like the look of the 55/56 bldg area way down back by south point and the walking path to dtd.

maintenance seemed to be doing some work on the back villas up at miller rd - i think the pool was closed there - or we were there on a very quiet day. we didn't stick around to inquire about the work - we just kept walking around the fences and work trucks to stay out of the way.

conch flats has a very nice dvc wind breaker for sale this year. DH and i bought them for each other for valentine's day gifts - can't wait for spring to wear them! it was a good thing i brought my dvc sweatshirt/jacket - cause after wed it came in very handy - wore it over my turtle neck and LL Bean sweatshirt!

we left fri to go up to the villages to visit friends before starting out on the drive back home on sunday. we drove over to see where the tornadoes had hit - such damage! those folks need all the prayers and help they can get! and they all helped each other so very much, too! the houses still show so much of the damage - but i could not get over how much of the debris has been removed! they are amazing survivors!

all in all it was an enjoyable vacation. came home to a house with no heat! what kind of premonition made my husband turn the water off and drain pipes before we left!?! thank goodness he did - we had water, electricity and space heaters - and a maintenance contract on the furnace...so after a chilly nite we got the heat back today [would have been in another motel tonite if we didn't have a contract - 5 day response for no heat without a contract!]

the worst part of the vacation...people driving on I-95 and around orlando while talking on the cell phone...and people who pull into or drive along in the passing lane who don't pass anything [except maybe gas!] nothing more infuriating than those folks!

well, just 40 days 'til i start spending holiday weekends at the house up in maine and await the 7 month mark so i can book 'jersey week' in hilton head - so much to look forward to.

hope you all have something good to look forward to, also.

Sorry you didn't get all you room requests. Maybe that construction in the Miller's Rd area is why you had to stay in Turtle Pond. I'm so glad your room was a really clean and nice :) I had some minor issues on our December visit in a one bedroom.

You are so lucky your DH drained the pipes, what a nightmare it would have been to have broken pipes AND no heat. Sounds like all things considered you had a very nice trip (except for the bus noise.)

We stayed in bldg 55 in a one bedroom once and it was really nice. Quiet.
We also stayed in bldg 49 in Nov. it was also nice and quiet. Neither were very far from the bus stop and about a 10-15 minute walk to HH.

It is always good to have trips to look forward to. :goodvibes :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter