OKW direct addonitis!

Lola_Stark42

Mouseketeer
I purchased 160 points via resale earlier this year at SSR. Almost immediately after closing, I got the addonitis bug. I’ve been going back and forth as to buying more vs. waiting for Riveria to open. With the chances of direct prices going up again in January and not knowing the price for Riveria, I decided to see if there was any points available for other resorts. I called earlier this week to ask about SSR or OKW points. For reference I have a September UY. I was told there is a waitlist for more SSR points, but I could have the OKW points right away. I wanted to add 80 points. The person assisting me was able to put a “hold” on the points for me, since I was still going back and forth on it. I called her back this morning, and they were still on hold, so I decided to make the purchase! My feeling is with the rate OKW is being bought back, and the fact that it’s hard to find the extended UY, this was the best option for being able to own at SSR and OKW. And yes I know buying for the perks is very hotly contested, but I’ll have the benefits of said perks while I still saved money on my resale purchase. At the end of the day I still saved a good amount of money by purchasing my larger contract resale.

OKW being available should have been your first clue. Do you really want the first DVC resort built that isn't close to a park, you now have SSR and OKW.

:earsboy: Bill

It's true that OKW isn't within walking distance of any parks, but IMHO, it's one of the best DVC resorts for reasonable room points costs, landscaping, and style. It all depends on what one values or personal preference. Congratulations on your purchase!

I own at AKV and GCV and love them both but also just okw-I think it’s my husband’s favorite. So peaceful and the rooms are huge. Congratulations!

Love OKW, feels the most like actually being on vacation.
+1

Took my family on a split stay earlier this year. First OKW, then BWV (2bdrms). After the big spacious rooms and laid back feel of OKW, my parents (mid 60s) were not fans of BWV. Don't get me wrong, BWV is great and definitely has advantageous qualities, but they did not like 1. the "hotel" feel with the rooms being in a hallway, and 2. looking for a parking space in a large lot then walking a long distance to the room. All of the timeshares they've stayed at in the past have been the 'separate buildings' model... when you can park your car and be steps from your villa.

My wife and I love SSR as we love the layout, the grounds and the proximity to DS. We're just dying for next refurb to get started!

I also love OKW and SSR. My favourites are the Epcot resorts, and I'm giving BRV a try next year but I'd much rather be at OKW and SSR than AKL or the Riviera, we like to walk and run etc so walking is great. A big part of Disney for us is, believe it or not, getting exercise and ridiculous amounts of steps in. So we are often out for a run first thing, then hitting parks. We found AKL very frustrating.
I too am waiting for the SSR refurb and am avoiding staying until it's done. When it's done it will be one of my resorts of choice.

We first bought at SSR for the proximity to DS but took a look at OKW on a whim and that was all it took. Having more SSR points I always book my stay at SSR to make sure I have a room then at 7 months combine my OKW points and rebook there, extending my stay. This year 16 days, no place I'd rather be and so far this plan has worked. When it doesn't that's when I'll do a add on to OKW. We walk like crazy too, don't run unless someone bigger than me is chasing. And yes OKW feels like actually being on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts