OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

My first DVC contract at OKW went for ROFR today. I am thinking surely they won't take it.

Minorthr- multiple people have now reported they've been told about the sofa bed by MS. Apparently one CM said she'd thought it wouldn't go down well.
However, I understand (someone said they knew someone involved in the decisions) that polls show the majority of members prefer the sofa bed set up.
If it's the new Murphy sofa, there would be no issues as that's as good as a proper bed and pulls down in seconds.

Minorthr- multiple people have now reported they've been told about the sofa bed by MS. Apparently one CM said she'd thought it wouldn't go down well.
However, I understand (someone said they knew someone involved in the decisions) that polls show the majority of members prefer the sofa bed set up.
If it's the new Murphy sofa, there would be no issues as that's as good as a proper bed and pulls down in seconds.

If they do do it Im hoping for the pull down murphy sofa. Hopefully they give us some clue or someone manages to leak some stuff out soon.

If they switch to a "murphy bed" I'd hope it has the same size sleep area as the existing beds. Otherwise, that's a downgrade.

Somehow, two real queen beds is not equal to a queen bed and a full sized sleeper sofa. There isn't room for a queen bed AND a queen sleeper, as a queen sofa would take up MORE floor space than a queen bed. And I doubt we'd be seeing a queen sized Murphy bed.

Somehow, two real queen beds is not equal to a queen bed and a full sized sleeper sofa. There isn't room for a queen bed AND a queen sleeper, as a queen sofa would take up MORE floor space than a queen bed. And I doubt we'd be seeing a queen sized Murphy bed.
Interesting point. I wonder if this will pass FL law if the members file a complaint.

If they switch to a "murphy bed" I'd hope it has the same size sleep area as the existing beds. Otherwise, that's a downgrade.

All the Pop rooms (except the king-bed rooms) are being refurbished with a regular queen and a Murphy bed that's the same queen size mattress. The only complaints I've seen are that people tend to knock their shins on the frame of the Murphy bed when it's down and that the only table in the room folds up under the bed when it's down.

I've seen photos of the Murphy bed up (with sofa usable) and down (sofa covered by bed) at SSR but can't remember where - may have been on Facebook. I liked what I saw. The people who posted said the sofa component was comfortable to sit on and also loved sleeping on the mattress.

The Murphy sofa looked about queen sized to me.

I have searched online trying to find one of the Murphy sofa beds like the ones they are trialling at SSR but cannot find one. The one at SSR seems more sophisticated than anything else on the market because as you pull it down, all its cushions auto fold up and support the bed underneath. It is a really smart piece of kit, everyone I am sure would like the option as it gives you a real bed in seconds, and can be folded away for the sofa. It’s a bit like this but imagine a much better version, https://www.commonfloor.com/guide/space-saving-furniture-ideas-for-your-home-27906.html

Edit, here is the new Pop Century one, where they have the table turn into the queen, this I bet is the same company, imagine this with a sofa that auto folds

Last edited:
I'd be OK with queen murphy bed in the studio. I do not want a sofa sleeper.

If they do a murphy bed, I'd hope it at least will be better/thicker then the thin cushion of the sleeper sofa.

For the 1-bedrooms, they'll still go with the sofa bed though?

If they do a murphy bed, I'd hope it at least will be better/thicker then the thin cushion of the sleeper sofa.

For the 1-bedrooms, they'll still go with the sofa bed though?

The queen size mattresses on the new Pop Murphy beds are exactly the same as on the regular beds, so I suspect these would be the same. The difference is that at Pop there’s a folding table underneath while at SSR it’s a sofa.

Hi! My family of 6 (2 adults and 4 older kids/teens) will be staying in a 2 bedroom in early January (marathon weekend.) We have a cash reservation so we are not able to book the Hospitality House section.

Are buildings 45 and 46 part of the Penninsular Road section, or South Point Road section? Thank you!

Hi! My family of 6 (2 adults and 4 older kids/teens) will be staying in a 2 bedroom in early January (marathon weekend.) We have a cash reservation so we are not able to book the Hospitality House section.
Are buildings 45 and 46 part of the Penninsular Road section, or South Point Road section? Thank you!

I honestly do not know what section they are officially a part of. Maybe you should request Canal View, or specifically request those buildings by calling Disney and IGNORE the requests section if you do online check-in (as that would over-ride any request that may already exist).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!