OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

....I figured that it would be something like CBR, which is one of the reasons why Im not a fan of CBR (although I have to admit, we were located near the bus stop where it happened to be "first on, first off".)

Yes. But I'd rather be the Last ones on & the 1st ones off....Usually what we'll do is Walk on over to the Main bldg. (whichever resort that might be) & hop on there, so it's off to the parks... True getting on 1st (HEADING to a PARK) assures that you get on, but then you'll have to wait to go to every stop.(Depending how full you are:confused3). I'd start out with a seat, but 99% of the time I'm giving it up to someone...So I'd rather just stand, from the last pick up & head to the park.

DTD-from-Old-Key-West-and-Saratoga-Springs.jpg

....:eek: my legs hurt just LOOKING at this map! :faint:

....we've visited WDW 14 times, and I don't recall EVER waiting for a bus more than 20 minutes. I'd think that, especially since this resort is strictly "villa", or "DVC", that they'd 'cater' to their clientele a little more.....
You misunderstand DVC. It's just a timeshare, so owners pay for everything. Disney got their money from us when we all bought in and in our annual fees which are strictly operational costs. DVC members aren't treated better than any other resort. If the board decides that DVC members won't mind waiting a bit for a bus to reduce operation costs, they will reduce the number of buses.

Who would cater?

The buses aren't DVC Buses? It's just like SSR or others for that matter.
SSR has internal stops as well, just like CBR does (6 I believe there). Best bet is to just try and hop on the one at the last stop...Usually that would mean at the HH, or @ SSR it would be the Carriage House....:teacher:popcorn::
Theme Park Buses at SSR don't stop at the Carriage House. It's the Springs that is the last stop.

Theme Park Buses at SSR don't stop at the Carriage House. It's the Springs that is the last stop.
What’s the difference?....the last stop is in front of two of the three Springs bldgs and on just the opposite side road is the Carriage House and pool. In fact, you’ll walk far less steps to getting to the Carriage House from that stop than to the majority of the rooms in the Springs section.

What’s the difference?....the last stop is in front of two of the three Springs bldgs and on just the opposite side road is the Carriage House and pool. In fact, you’ll walk far less steps to getting to the Carriage House from that stop than to the majority of the rooms in the Springs section.
There's a big difference. For example, all theme park buses stop last at the Hospitality House at OKW where all the Disney's Magical Express buses also stop. They pull up in the front drive. At SSR, the theme park bus isn't anywhere close to the circular drive where the Disney's Magical Express bus stops to let off guests. To get to the Carriage House from the Springs bus stop, you walk up a set of stairs, past the pool and past the Artist's Palette before you get to the Carriage House.

If someone was told to catch the theme park bus at the Carriage House, my guess is that they would wait at that circular drive where the DME buses stop.

There's a big difference. For example, all theme park buses stop last at the Hospitality House at OKW where all the Disney's Magical Express buses also stop. They pull up in the front drive. At SSR, the theme park bus isn't anywhere close to the circular drive where the Disney's Magical Express bus stops to let off guests. To get to the Carriage House from the Springs bus stop, you walk up a set of stairs, past the pool and past the Artist's Palette before you get to the Carriage House.

If someone was told to catch the theme park bus at the Carriage House, my guess is that they would wait at that circular drive where the DME buses stop.
You just made my case, the difference is negligible.... The walk from the circular drive to the Carriage house & the walk from the bus stop between the main pool and the Springs section to the Carriage house are almost the same distance.

Tried to upload a photo that showed a DME bus at the Carriage House compared to the Spring bus stop. There is a big difference in the distance.

Last edited:
Tried to upload a photo that showed a DME bus at the Carriage House compared to the Spring bus stop. There is a big difference in the distance.
Ok, you must be joking....SSR is my home resort, I’ve stayed there plenty of times and know my way around the resort very well. What I don’t get is the point your trying to make. I saw you correct someone, wanted to understand your point, and now realize, you really don’t seem to have one.

will the new refurbished rooms have a separate entrance to the bathroom?
We don't know for sure, but I doubt they will change the current configurations after 25 years, where building 30 and higher have separate master bath entrances, buildings 29 and below do not.

Is it true that OKW does not accept faxes, (ie room requests by fax)? I thought I read that on a prior thread. I was hoping to make a room request by fax about 5-7 days prior to my stay. I'm renting DVC points. If true. I was also under the impression that it's difficult to get in touch with actual resort front desk Cms in order to place a room request by phone so I'm not sure what the best option is. Thanks for any input.

Is it true that OKW does not accept faxes, (ie room requests by fax)? I thought I read that on a prior thread. I was hoping to make a room request by fax about 5-7 days prior to my stay. I'm renting DVC points. If true. I was also under the impression that it's difficult to get in touch with actual resort front desk Cms in order to place a room request by phone so I'm not sure what the best option is. Thanks for any input.

Many years ago, DVC Members were requested several times through our DVC publications to not send faxes to the resorts for room requests, ALL DVC resorts, not just OKW. We were instead encouraged to make our requests to DVC Member Services. The member who you rented your reservation from can call and make the requests for you. Try to keep them generic as possible (general area of resort or upper floor) more specific room requests are rarely granted, as it depends entirely what is available on your check-in day, and DVC Resorts operate at near capacity most of the year.

I thought someone earlier faxed in their request..
Back in the day, circa 2000’s, before e-mail you could fax member services with requests and changes to your existing reservations ie: changes in your travel party etc. Today I just e-mail. I book 10 months ahead, no knowing who I’m taking, I just have my name on the reservation. I email member services when we decide who’s going, when and then I’ll request an area like Tutle Pond, near quiet pool. Nothing is guaranteed but it’s always worked. They will send me a confirmation email that the changes have been made.

Last edited:
Just in case this wasn't posted, All ears had some nice pictures of the studios up:

http://allears.net/acc/g-old-key-west-studio.htm

Well thank goodness they have a picture hanging with the words Key West and one of shells in the bathroom, or I might not know where the heck I am! Jeepers, a bit generic and dull in color.

I saw pics of the 1 bedroom, there's at least some color there in the dining room chairs and in the living room rug!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter