OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Does anyone have the activity sheet for September? Hoping to maybe do the legend of the conch flats thing but need to check if it doesn't conflict with our park plans!

edit: Think we can make it to the tour before our fast pass at 12:30! Yay! I presume the tour doesn't last longer then about half an hour?

Last edited:
I couldn't get the WDW site to open but here is Allears.net listing of the breakfast food at Goods to Go.

And if you are going to the Gurgling Suitcase for your breakfast, you have a problem. ;)

If you are in a one bedroom or larger, you'll have a full kitchen to stock up on all those breakfast foods. Even a studio will have a toaster to pop in a few waffles (but your refrigerator won't have a freezer).

:scared1::scared1:NOO!!!:scared1::scared1: Say it isn't so!? I just worked up our grocery order and I planned on Eggo's and breakfast sausages:eek: for 2 of our breakfasts. We have never stayed in a studio at OKW and the other studios we've stayed in (AKV and BLT) had a small freezer section in the refrigerator.

Can anyone confirm 100% for certain that there is NO FREEZER section in the studio refrigerators??

I believe ALL Disney units, hotel and studios, have removed the frig with the small freeze section. There was a reported fire caused by them. We haven't been in a studio in years so I don't know first hand, just what has been reported on this site.

:scared1::scared1:NOO!!!:scared1::scared1: Say it isn't so!? I just worked up our grocery order and I planned on Eggo's and breakfast sausages:eek: for 2 of our breakfasts. We have never stayed in a studio at OKW and the other studios we've stayed in (AKV and BLT) had a small freezer section in the refrigerator.

Can anyone confirm 100% for certain that there is NO FREEZER section in the studio refrigerators??

It's something I hate and I don't know who made the stupid decision (probably based on feedback from guests who complained they couldn't fit their gallon milk jug in the little fridge). But, the fridges all over the place are getting replaced by ones without freezers. If they get refurbed they are definitely gone and if one goes bad the replacement does not have the freezer so it can't be counted on. Best I can recommend is to start the new complaints about not having fridges with freezers and maybe in the next round they'll be back.

The studio we stayed in last time at OKW did not have a freezer section.

It's something I hate and I don't know who made the stupid decision (probably based on feedback from guests who complained they couldn't fit their gallon milk jug in the little fridge). But, the fridges all over the place are getting replaced by ones without freezers. If they get refurbed they are definitely gone and if one goes bad the replacement does not have the freezer so it can't be counted on. Best I can recommend is to start the new complaints about not having fridges with freezers and maybe in the next round they'll be back.

The studio we stayed in last time at OKW did not have a freezer section.

Well, it is definitely NOT what I wanted to hear, but I'm glad I found out now instead of next month when we arrive.

We are doing a split-stay (3 nights OKW, 4 nights AKV-Kidani) and I am doing 2 grocery orders. My plan was to order just a 10-pack of Eggo's and a package of sausage for 2 breakfasts at OKW, along with another breakfast of oatmeal/cereal and Pop-Tarts. I guess I can just skip that and add the frozen items on to the grocery order for our stay at Kidani and we can have our waffles and sausage on the second part of our trip.

Other odd things -
We received full cleaning on day 3. Didn't see that coming.

No trash emptied on days 2 or 4 (did they go back to the old schedule?)

We did not log any calls for anything except the open balcony door, burned out bulb and broken front door.

I am actually liking the new vanity next to the master tub. Love the lighted mirror (flattering to all!) and the functionality of the bigger sink with shelves Sorry, Deb. BTW, "mushroom" is everywhere! .

Prefacing with this experience from today - at Big River Grill, ordered a sangria margarita. We had excellent ones at EPCOT @mexico. The drink was horrid. Really, icky bad but I told the server it was, 'fine'. (there's an OKW part, I promise) My DD told me I should tell them them the truth. I brought it up to the bartender and told him it was a bad drink. He looked at me like I was the anti_Santa Claus. I didn't start drinking until my late 30s so my first reaction was, "I don't know better; everyone else must like it'. Shouldn't have said anything. Well, the server came over and told me, "everyone on staff hates that drink"! "The bartenders used to make it themselves with muddled fruit and wine and now it is a prepackaged syrup and nobody likes it". Glad I spoke up and ordered a different and better drink. For $11.00, it should be drinkable.

Any hoot - this is my OKW issue of the week that may or may not bother anyone or everyone else. The shower head drains often, endlessly and unpredictably after it is shut off. One day, I had toweled off and put on complete make-up before it started draining (thankfully, I was alone in the room); other days, I can't towel off in the shower because it just won't stop or I have been doused just when I thought it was safe.

Also, not to be a nudge BUT... the shower head to door placement is about 6" off putting one in the narrowest part of the triangle. I imagine a larger sized guest would struggle.

Lastly, what up with the TP? Shouldn't that be stocked? And, why is it such poor quality? Not sure I could buy something as bad if I tried.

Ohh - on a roll - anytime they want to fix up the balconies, count me in - rusted, peeling, algae ridden. Come on, DVC! Get with the program.

Lastly, a great big shout out to the CMs for the gift bag and personally signed picture for my DD and DSIL soldiers. They love it and are framing it for their first home.

Well, it is definitely NOT what I wanted to hear, but I'm glad I found out now instead of next month when we arrive.

We are doing a split-stay (3 nights OKW, 4 nights AKV-Kidani) and I am doing 2 grocery orders. My plan was to order just a 10-pack of Eggo's and a package of sausage for 2 breakfasts at OKW, along with another breakfast of oatmeal/cereal and Pop-Tarts. I guess I can just skip that and add the frozen items on to the grocery order for our stay at Kidani and we can have our waffles and sausage on the second part of our trip.
What about bringing a soft-sided, collapsible cooler in your suitcase - fill with ice and you waffles/sausage should be fine assuming your ice is refilled daily.

What about bringing a soft-sided, collapsible cooler in your suitcase - fill with ice and you waffles/sausage should be fine assuming your ice is refilled daily.
It's not that big of a deal for this trip. We are traveling with only carry-ons and we are arriving after midnight so "breakfast" on day 1 will actually be brunch. For day 2 and 3, we can do peanut butter and bagels and oatmeal or cereal. I can save our waffle and sausage order for our stay at Kidani.

Does anyone have the email address for OKW management that gets left on the letter when you check in? We just had our first home stay there and I wanted to say thank you Totally forgot to pick the letter up.

anyone have a favorite HH area bld they like when staying in a Studio? pics of your view would be a bonus!

anyone have a favorite HH area bld they like when staying in a Studio? pics of your view would be a bonus!
We've never stayed in the HH area, but if we did, I'd choose one of the four buildings across the bridge from the HH, 23-26. 11-14 are right next to the bus stop and parking lot for the HH. When the parking lot gets full, guests sometime park in the parking spaces for 11-14. 23-26 is a little more sheltered, but still very close to the Peninsular Road bus stop.

We've never stayed in the HH area, but if we did, I'd choose one of the four buildings across the bridge from the HH, 23-26. 11-14 are right next to the bus stop and parking lot for the HH. When the parking lot gets full, guests sometime park in the parking spaces for 11-14. 23-26 is a little more sheltered, but still very close to the Peninsular Road bus stop.
thanks for sharing! We wont have a car so the parking spot thing isnt an issue, just would want to be close to the bus stop/main pool/food area and laundry.

Full cleaning the day before our scheduled checked out. Good use of our dues.
Depending on how long your stay is, sometimes full cleaning is the day before check out. It's been like that since we bought in '94. We usually request full cleaning on a different day if it falls on the day before we leave.

Depending on how long your stay is, sometimes full cleaning is the day before check out. It's been like that since we bought in '94. We usually request full cleaning on a different day if it falls on the day before we leave.
Yes, that's what happens. You stay for twelve nights and you get a full cleaning on day 4 and day 12, with your towels and amenities replaced on day 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter