OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Hi, OKWers! I'm staying at OKW for the first time in early November for six days. I'm driving down from Maryland and using my points for the first time as a DVC owner (was supposed to go in May and August but postponed for Covid). Looking forward to a relaxing stay!
Enjoy your stay.

This will be our first time at OKW. We're stoked! We need a vacation! We're not renting a car this time and will take MDE to the resort. Does MDE drop everyone off at the HH or will they drive you to your villa location or bus stop?

Which villas are close to the walkway to DS? We plan to take advantage of the dining at DS daily. We would like to walk to DS when we can. We walk 3 to 4 miles daily so it won't be a big deal for us to walk.

Thanks.

This will be our first time at OKW. We're stoked! We need a vacation! We're not renting a car this time and will take MDE to the resort. Does MDE drop everyone off at the HH or will they drive you to your villa location or bus stop?

Which villas are close to the walkway to DS? We plan to take advantage of the dining at DS daily. We would like to walk to DS when we can. We walk 3 to 4 miles daily so it won't be a big deal for us to walk.

Thanks.
The path is by South Point Rd. It is only open during daylight hours.

Thanks.
A long time since I stayed at OKW but you will have to check in at HH and then we got a trip in golf cart to villa with luggage

You can do online check-in, so you won't need to actually check-in at the resort. Once you receive the text that your room is ready, Bell Services can take you to your room via golf cart. Your magic band can be scanned at MDE at the airport, it will inform the resort you are on your way there.

You can do online check-in, so you won't need to actually check-in at the resort. Once you receive the text that your room is ready, Bell Services can take you to your room via golf cart. Your magic band can be scanned at MDE at the airport, it will inform the resort you are on your way there.

This is what I needed to know if someone is available to help us get our luggage to our room. Thank you.

If you use ME, luggage will be delivered to your room. It will take 3-4 hours after you land, so pack a carry on for any items, meds... you may need sooner than that.

If you use ME, luggage will be delivered to your room. It will take 3-4 hours after you land, so pack a carry on for any items, meds... you may need sooner than that.
Are they still doing this currently? I thought that you had to retrieve your own luggage at the airport now bc of Covid protocols.

Are they still doing this currently? I thought that you had to retrieve your own luggage at the airport now bc of Covid protocols.

Correct. Currently, you must retrieve your luggage at bag claim and bring it on DME with you to your resort. Also, no Airline check-in at resort so you bring luggage with you to airport.

The golf cart drivers are the heroes of my trip! I didn't feel comfortable walking in the dark and sometimes that inner resort bus took awhile to come around. More than once Bell Services saw us waiting and offered us a ride. The first night we even got a little tour of the resort. Very friendly!

Last edited:
Anyone been to OKW lately that can share their bus experience to the parks? What time are they generally running for each park? 1 hour before park opening? 90 minutes?

Anyone been to OKW lately that can share their bus experience to the parks? What time are they generally running for each park? 1 hour before park opening? 90 minutes?
Buses to MK seemed to run more frequently than anywhere else. We ended up taking an Uber to AK because we’d waited for ages and still hadn’t seen one and I was worried about missing rope drop. We caught a MK 45 minutes before opening.

We are here now in millers road area (right when you pull in). When we want to go to the parks, or dtd which bus stop should we use? We don't plan on going during popular times.... wondering where to get on and off for the quickest way back to the room. Thanks!

We are here now in millers road area (right when you pull in). When we want to go to the parks, or dtd which bus stop should we use? We don't plan on going during popular times.... wondering where to get on and off for the quickest way back to the room. Thanks!
There is a bus stop in the Millers Road section.

Depending upon which part of Miller's Road your building is located, either the Miller's Road bus stop or the Hospitality Stop. Whichever is closest. All the busses run the same route, except Disney Springs, which acts as the internal bus, stopping at hospitality first and last, the park busses stop once at hospitality, last.

Do they sell like 6/9 packs of bottled water at the

DP2213 if you happen to go into the General Store will you check to see if they sell bottled water in a 6 pack, 9-pack, etc or just single bottles? We are totally being lazy bums this time and not ordering groceries so if we can get bottled water by the 6 pack or whatever that would be great. Thanks.

We have our first stay Thanksgiving week. I'm sure it will be crowded. We are flying and I'm now considering renting a car instead of depending on buses and reduced capacity. Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter