OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

This was in the OKW studio we had last December.
DSC03688.JPG

One thing to note about that video. That studio is in one of four buildings at OKW, 14, 18, 35 and 38. Those studios only have a single window in the unit, the porch door. All the rest have another large window alongside the other bed close to the entrance door to the villa, parallel to the porch door. Those four buildings are all three stories tall and kind of a three sided square. The studios are located in the inner corners of the building, next to each other. The common wall is the one with out any windows.

This is a slightly older renovation of the room (I loved the pictures in the renovation before the most recent - not fond of the cartoon pictures) and you can see the light coming in from the porch door and the opposite wall with the window. Most of the studios have this set up. And most of the studios are located at the ends of the buildings, not in the corners because they don't have the corner set up like 14, 18, 35 and 38.

DSC01017.JPG

One more thing. It was noted in the video that the blogger liked the natural light in the bathroom. During the night, there is a light outside those bathroom windows and they can make the bathroom really bright. You'll want to close the door to the bathroom during the night if too much light bothers your sleeping. I've gone so far to put a bandaid or a piece of tape over the peephole on the door because sometimes you'll get a stream of light right through that and it hits you in the face in bed.

The blogger also stated that she thought the walk from 18 to the Hospitality House might be a long walk. It isn't. Maybe five to seven minutes. You don't need to wait for a bus or drive your car (finding a parking place could be hard at the HH). We've walked from there several times. 18 is on Millers Road.

Last edited:
We are at OKW this weekend. It is our first stay here and we had planned a resort-only day for tomorrow, Saturday. We plan on spending most of it by the pool. Unfortunately, it looks like it might rain most of the day. What suggestions do people have for rainy day activities at OKW?

We are at OKW this weekend. It is our first stay here and we had planned a resort-only day for tomorrow, Saturday. We plan on spending most of it by the pool. Unfortunately, it looks like it might rain most of the day. What suggestions do people have for rainy day activities at OKW?

If you happen to go by the general store will you check to see if they have packages of bottled water, i.e. 6 pack, 9 pack, etc and if so, how much are they? thanks.

You could hit the movie theater at Disney Springs. I've heard they have some special deals on movies and on snacks. If it doesn't rain too hard, you could still go to the pool as long as there isn't lightning which they would close the pool. You're going to be wet anyway, right?

If you happen to go by the general store will you check to see if they have packages of bottled water, i.e. 6 pack, 9 pack, etc and if so, how much are they? thanks.
I will try to remember if we are there.

You could hit the movie theater at Disney Springs. I've heard they have some special deals on movies and on snacks. If it doesn't rain too hard, you could still go to the pool as long as there isn't lightning which they would close the pool. You're going to be wet anyway, right?
Thanks!

The only packages of bottled water that we saw were 8 count packages of 12 oz Dasani bottles for $4.79. They did sell larger Dasani bottles individually.

Thx BK that's exactly what I needed to know. We can grab a couple of these so we don't have to place an order.

Two weeks from this very moment we will be leaving AK headed back to OKW to get ready for our Edison dinner.

Ok, another newbie to OKW. Do the DVC resorts hold your luggage like the non-DVC resorts do? We are arriving to MCO at 10:35 and are hoping to drop our bags and head to the parks.

Ok, another newbie to OKW. Do the DVC resorts hold your luggage like the non-DVC resorts do? We are arriving to MCO at 10:35 and are hoping to drop our bags and head to the parks.

Yes. We arrived at OKW at 8:00am last Friday, dropped our bags with bell services and headed straight to DHS. Then we came back in the afternoon, had our room ready text and went straight to our room. We called bell services from the room phone and they brought the luggage to our room within 10 minutes. Not having to stop at bell services to get our luggage before going to our room was definitely worth the tip to the bellman.

What I meant was the path from Saratoga Springs by the golf course, that goes to Disney Springs was closed a couple weeks ago. Wasn't sure if this affected the OKW path.
The path leading from SSR is used for the golf course. I can’t imagine it staying closed for a lengthy time.

You aren't permitted on the cart paths unless you are playing golf.

You aren't permitted on the cart paths unless you are playing golf.
I’m not saying to walk on the cart paths, but part of the walking path is used for short distances for cart paths.25864879-516B-43F5-AC8B-683ED1017E62.jpeg

The above path is used as a cart path to get to and from the Clubhouse, this path is not on a fairway. The only other way to walk to SSR is to take the bridge to the Tree House Villas and walk through it to the Grandstand section to the Carriage house. If you could walk on a path at all used for golf you couldn’t even walk on the bridge from South Point to the walking path, because that is used as a cart path for the golf course.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. We are staying at OKW for the first time in December (hopefully). For anyone who has stayed at OKW somewhat recently, how is delivery service currently working with the various grocery delivery services (Amazon, Garden Grocer, etc). Do they deliver to the Hospitality House and you pick that up there, do they deliver directly to your room? Thank you all in advance (and thank you to everyone who has provided information on this thread, it is tremendously helpful).

What time are the buses coming for DHS? If they open at 10AM, I'm thinking I should be on the 1st bus stop by 8:30AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!