OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

It's a free tour of the resort with some history thrown in. Only given twice a week. I can't find if it's a DVC only perk
Thanks. We have used a friend’s points to stay there on the past. We are in process of buying DVC so I will keep this in mind.

No, the pools have posted hours. Usually around 11pm.
There are posted hours for the pools, however, during our last trip I heard rumors about how the hours were 24/7 as well. We were swimming well beyond 11 PM some nights. It seems to be as long as you're not too loud they dont seem to enforce the hours too strictly.

It's a free tour of the resort with some history thrown in. Only given twice a week. I can't find if it's a DVC only perk
I don't think it is limited to DVC members. It has been on my to do list, but I just haven't gotten to it, yet.

There are posted hours for the pools, however, during our last trip I heard rumors about how the hours were 24/7 as well. We were swimming well beyond 11 PM some nights. It seems to be as long as you're not too loud they dont seem to enforce the hours too strictly.
Posted hours are the hours the pool is officially open for swimming. They are not 24/7. However, if people swim in the pool quietly and no one complains, they might not be removed from the pool by security.

Weird question.. the new rooms look really nice and while I love sunlight, I'm a little unsure of the window in the bathroom of the studios. Is it densely frosted, or what's the deal?

Weird question.. the new rooms look really nice and while I love sunlight, I'm a little unsure of the window in the bathroom of the studios. Is it densely frosted, or what's the deal?
The window is up high, oval, does not open and a person would need a ladder to look in. I can’t remember if it’s frosted. There is no need to be worried about it.

The window is up high, oval, does not open and a person would need a ladder to look in. I can’t remember if it’s frosted. There is no need to be worried about it.
The one I'm referring to is a large square one over the toilet in the studio rooms.

The window is much smaller and higher than you think it is, and yes, there is a frosted pattern to it. If there was any possibility of seeing anything through it, it would've been noticed 25 years ago and fixed.

The window is much smaller and higher than you think it is, and yes, there is a frosted pattern to it. If there was any possibility of seeing anything through it, it would've been noticed 25 years ago and fixed.
Thanks. Not trying to come across as overly paranoid. I once had a home with a window in the shower, which we covered with a frosted stained glass material. It's just hard to tell from the pictures, what that particular window is like.

The one I'm referring to is a large square one over the toilet in the studio rooms.
I have now watched a couple of videos of OKW room tours. I see the square window you are talking about. I remember having an oval or round window in the bathroom. I remember the street lights shining in the room from it. It had no shade so I just shut the door at night. I could be remembering wrong I guess

I have now watched a couple of videos of OKW room tours. I see the square window you are talking about. I remember having an oval or round window in the bathroom. I remember the street lights shining in the room from it. It had no shade so I just shut the door at night. I could be remembering wrong I guess
I don't think you are remembering wrong. I saw some exterior photos that showed square and oval windows. Probably just depends on the type of room.

The window in the bathroom is frosted and you pretty much need to keep the bathroom door closed at night unless you can fall asleep on a school bus full of third graders. The light coming in really bothers me at night so I always shut the bathroom door. If you wanted to look out of that window (if it wasn't frosted), you'd need to stand on a ladder since it is about eight feet off the ground.

The peephole in the studio door also bothers me so I put a bandaid over it.

Good to know about the light coming in at night too. I think I probably would have a hard time falling asleep under a bit of light coming in. Although, we are usually pretty exhausted by the time we climb in bed.

I don't think you are remembering wrong. I saw some exterior photos that showed square and oval windows. Probably just depends on the type of room.
I have only stayed in studios at OKW. They probably put one on one building and the other on a different building. I looked at 3-4 videos online and they all had square windows. I was starting to doubt myself.

One bedroom and larger units still receive some of the individual toiletries for use in the Jacuzzi tub, at least they did in December. The showers all have the wall mounted dispensers.
I was just in a 1BR earlier this month, and no individual toiletries (other than bars of soap) were in the unit. I imagine I could have requested some, but we didn't need them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!