okw two bedroom?

disynut

DIS Veteran
We just made plans to go down in Dec. and are trying to talk my mom and dad into going with us. Are the 2 bedrooms at OKW like at BWv-basically we would have the one bedroom unit with a studio attached? Two full bathrooms? We have only stayed in a one bedroom at WLV and a studio at BWV so I am pretty unfamiliar with the units at OKW. We would like two separate bathrooms and a separate door to get in and out of the rooms. Is that a possibility? What do I need to ask for?

Thanks a bunch!

JenniferºOº

The 2 bedroom units at OKW are totally different than the ones at BWV. They are much nicer and roomier. They are very bright and airy. Lots of big windows and a huge deck to lounge on. You will love it there. If they could give you the feel of OKW with the location of BWV it would be perfect.

that being said they all have two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Both bedrooms have bathrooms. I think you can request a lock-off otherwise there is only one door into the unit.

Have fun...

You need to ask for a two bedroom LOCKOFF at OKW. Those are the one bedroom units with the studio adjoining--you just open a door between them and they become two bedroom units.. There is a separate entrance from the outside into the studio and also an entrance into the one bedroom part. Yes, there will be two full bathrooms--the studio has a full bathtub etc, the one bedroom section has two separate rooms--one with the toilet, sink and shower, the other with a sink and the jacuzzi. The studio part of the lockoff also has a small refrigerator and a microwave, coffeepot, toaster etc. There are two separate phone lines also. OKW does have some dedicated two bedroom units-- those are NOT lockoffs. There is only one entrance from the outside--so you want the LOCKOFF!! Hope this helps.

Jennifer,

I have never stayed in a lockout at OKW but I can't imagine it being as nice as the dedicated 2 BR. It was WONDERFUL. There was just one entrance door but the bedrooms were well separated. There was a center hall and the laundry room between them. We had 3 grandchildren with us and couldn't hear a thing.

There were 2 beds (queen?) in the guest room and 2 closets. We put the crib they provided in one closet for the 2 yr. old. There was also a small table and chairs and a private bath.

The living room, kitchen and dining area were also nice sized.

We are going back in Nov. to BWV in a 2 BR lockout. I am anxious for the activities at BW but I'm going to miss the spaciousness of OKW.

A lock off is basically the same as the 2 BR, but the door going to the 2nd BR is actually 2 doors, so each side can "lock off" the other side. In the 2nd BR you also have an entry door and a small patio/deck. The closet area is changed to allow space for the kitchenette. A undercounter fridge, a microwave and coffee maker. Also now a toaster has been added and a hair dryer.

OKW units are located in buildings that are 2 or 3 stories tall. Only buildings 62-64 have elevators, so if stairs are a problem, request ground floor or building 62-64. You will love the space, an OKW 1 BR is almost the same size as BWV or VWL 2 BR. You also can park right at your unit, no long walk or tipping required.

Have a great trip.

2BR villas in buildings 30 and above will have 2 entrances to the master bath (one thru the laundry room and one thru the bedroom).

Good luck!

Jbthi.

Well, you learn something new every day.... Thanks!

I had no IDEA that BWV had some 2BR's with 2 queen beds in the spare bedroom - I thought ALL of those rooms were set up like the BWV studios - with a sleeper sofa and a queen bed.

Thanks for the info! :)

JB,
I agree the dedicated two bedroom is the way to go. We had our first visit to OKW in July and loved it. The one closet in the second bedroom was HUGE. My boys used it as a changing room and then a play room!

Beth -- I think there's a little confusion. jbthi was describing a dedicated 2-bedroom at OKW vs. a lockout at OKW. There are no dedicated 2 bedrooms at BWV -- just lock-offs with the bed/sofa combo in the second bedroom. I believe VWL has a combination of room types with the sofa/bed and 2 beds.

You will absolutely "love" the 2-bedroom villas at OKW. They are very bright, airy and spacious. The decor also is delightful with pastel colors. Whether a lock-off 2-bedroom villa or a dedicated 2-bedroom villa, there is privacy for two families. Enjoy your stay.

Thanks, PamOKW.

Guess I <i>didn't</i> learn anything new today.

...Should've just stayed in bed... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter