Ol' Tiggerdad is NO LONGER officially homeless

Omg this camper has a real refrigerator in it. Along with whatever else I can remember from the "Camper shows" I've seen on tv :happytv:

Make sure it comes with the new Valeo camera system, that makes your trailer disappear, so you can see all around you. Was just announced at CES.

Well, we've had an eventful day. First things first we get to the convention center which has a parking garage. Randy went in first in his 3500. No problems. She tells me my F250 is too big and I gotta park outside. :sad2:

Now inside, they lead you through some vendors (food, mops, campground salesmen, etc). One of them showing an inflatable hot tub. This very nearly ended the evening early. Patrick was trying to climb in, Randy was looking for diving board, I was inquiring about removing the governor from the engine. We were all envisioning this thing on one of the campsites at GSP...the possibilities were endless! Luckily for the vendor the DWs and DDs came to his rescue.

On to the floor. We decided we could do more damage by splitting up. Spent few hours roaming around. Looked in some TTs, a few Class As and Cs, and some 5ers. Went in really looking at some Toy Haulers, but most of them were the larger 5ers that exceeded my comfortable towing limit. There was a TT with a front Toy Hauler garage that loaded from the side. I have seen them on the internet, but this was the first in person. Essentially it had the garage, had the bigger bathroom with glass in shower the girls wanted and had the main bedroom in the rear with plenty of clothes storage. It was lacking however in frontal storage for the setup stuff like chairs, rugs, lights, plumbing hookups, wheel chocks, leveling blocks, etc. That would all have to go in back of truck. It was also minus the pantry, this is how they achieved the larger bathroom. Keystone Outback 324CG. Outside of it, I really didn't see any other toy haulers that were options.

Now, what we did run across was probably the best bunkhouse design that I think I've ever seen. Now, some of you have the mid-bunks which are really cool, but they are also really heavy and exceed what I would prefer to tow. Also, the rooms in the mid part are kinda small in most of them, but typically give a HUGE area at the rear for kitchen and living combined. What I ran across was a Mesa Ridge 374BHS.

https://www.highlandridgerv.com/products/2017/mesa-ridge/fifth-wheels/MF374BHS

Now, I can't haul my golfcart in it, but it really impressed me with its options. I would keep the outdoor kitchen that I love so much, but also upgrade it from what I had to larger cabinets, sink, stove, and an outdoor TV. The bunkhouse was huge and had a dinette. But not the usual undersized dinette that you see in some of the bunkhouses, this was a FULL SIZED dinette in the bunkhouse area, and the bunk above the dinette was large. (Option for jacknife couch in place of dinette)It also had ton of clothes storage, pantry was biggest I've ever seen (wide and deep. This area was also the potential area for optional washer and dryer on the bottom so this tells you how big it was) and had option of larger 18cf refrigerator. Front bedroom and bathroom were pretty big with plenty of storage. Also comes standard with the PVC roof. Makes me rethink the toy hauler a little. The toy hauler I'm looking at is a Dutchman Endurance 3556.

After much walking and exploring, popcorn eating, and pretend camping we decided to head out for some food. Randy took us to R&R Seafood on the causeway close to I10 and across bay from Battleship Alabama. Folks, it was great. If you're in the area I highly recommend it. ALL the girls got bibs, even the DWs. This is how good the servers are, they know who the real messy eaters are.

Just about all those restaurants on the Causeway are pretty good to eat at....

Michael,

The Mesa Ridge looks nice. Nice that the girls have their own bathroom and outside door. The main living space looks better laid out than many of the toy haulers I've seen.

And I'll chip in on the inflatable hot tub. DW will love that at GSP.

j

Hey I got to looking on Amazon for inflatable hot tubs and they have them for around $400 and up. It's cheaper than the ones at the camper show.

Yup Mrs. Tiggerdad was just about to pull Mr. Tiggerdad out of the Mesa Ridge by the ear, quit the sight, the whole time DD #1 whispering in his ear stuff like "I want it", "I like it", "let's get it". The man was on the roof all the way down to sliding on his back checking out the under carriage. Mrs. Tiggerdad was outside talking to me about how she is set on a toy hauler because she like having the golf cart at Disney compared to the bikes, I agreed with her, when it comes down to it we all know Mrs. Tiggerdad is in charge.

Yep, toy hauler still in the lead. Also, there is about $10,000 difference in price.

The fireman in me likes the toy hauler having an exit for girls. The bunkhouse didn't. I need place to make up for stuff in back of truck and the toy hauler gives that for sure. Also, I can add a mini-fridge in toy hauler to give extra cool storage that I'll lose from my outdoor kitchen.

So, hunt still on.

Last edited:
The Mesa has a nice layout. If we ever figure that we need a golf cart, guess we could buy one and build it a bed to ride behind the cab of the truck.

It is tough, I know when we searched I really really liked the front kitchen, and we have a front living room.....

The Mesa has a nice layout. If we ever figure that we need a golf cart, guess we could buy one and build it a bed to ride behind the cab of the truck.

It is tough, I know when we searched I really really liked the front kitchen, and we have a front living room.....

It probably wouldn't be too difficult to fabricate a place for the GC on your Volvo. Have to come up with folding or stowable ramps but should be easy.

They had a Montana with a front kitchen that was really nice, but again, outside my weight restriction.

It probably wouldn't be too difficult to fabricate a place for the GC on your Volvo. Have to come up with folding or stowable ramps but should be easy.

They had a Montana with a front kitchen that was really nice, but again, outside my weight restriction.

Yes it was a Montana we looked at, and a place for a GC would be pretty easy, and they make ramps that would work. We have never found a need for one yet. Maybe one day.

DW:

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!