Old Key West

Stitchie74

Earning My Ears
Hi Folks

We're currently looking at prices for 2019 and normally stay at Old Key West. However I can't find availability anywhere. Has something changed? Is it now purely DVC?

No but they have made it the same for paying guests as it is for DVC owners, so we can now only book it 11 months out, like they can.

Thanks. I'm trying to book for next June so it should be available.
I've just called Disney and the CM advised Old Key West only available 6 months out which I guess will mean I won't get free dining :(

Oh wow, more changes. They told me (we usually book SSR) to book a moderate that you could live with to secure the gift card and free dining and then once SSR (or OKW) are released move over and pay the difference. In the end we booked AKL as there wasn’t a huge price difference, but that is worth a try to secure your dining.

Oh wow, more changes. They told me (we usually book SSR) to book a moderate that you could live with to secure the gift card and free dining and then once SSR (or OKW) are released move over and pay the difference. In the end we booked AKL as there wasn’t a huge price difference, but that is worth a try to secure your dining.
I'm the same...really wanted to go to OKW as stayed there Jul 17 and loved it... been waiting patiently for it to become available...and ended up calling to ask. First time I was told the 330 days story so checked again once hit that date...still nothing...called again passed round a couple of departments then advised deluxe villas are usually only available 7 months prior (even though I booked OKW previously in the aug for following July??) and ofcourse free dining would be passed by then.. after seeing all the posts on here I guess I'm just going to book Coronado Springs :rolleyes2:rolleyes2 and upgrade dining

I think they might hold back rooms as well. I booked my holiday for this September last September and couldn't find any availability at POFQ. We were bummed as it's our favourite, but we ended up booking CBR instead, knowing they had some construction work going on that should've finished before our arrival. When we learned that the construction were delayed we didn't want to stay at CBR any longer, so I started pricing up upgrading to a deluxe and constantly checking POFQ. One day I found rooms at POFQ and there were more than one room available, so I think Disney must have released more rooms at that point. So just keep checking, and like others have said, you can always book somewhere else to make sure you get your free dining and gift card and then change/upgrade if it becomes available.

I think they might hold back rooms as well. I booked my holiday for this September last September and couldn't find any availability at POFQ. We were bummed as it's our favourite, but we ended up booking CBR instead, knowing they had some construction work going on that should've finished before our arrival. When we learned that the construction were delayed we didn't want to stay at CBR any longer, so I started pricing up upgrading to a deluxe and constantly checking POFQ. One day I found rooms at POFQ and there were more than one room available, so I think Disney must have released more rooms at that point. So just keep checking, and like others have said, you can always book somewhere else to make sure you get your free dining and gift card and then change/upgrade if it becomes available.
Have a super time...almost September :yay:
Yep...think I'll book CSR and then just keep checking if OKW becomes available. Thanks for info guys :thanks:

Found availability for OKW in July last night. Called Disney and no charge to change our booking from Beach Club :yay:

Yey! So 9 months out then I guess?

Tho I don't think i could have given up the Beach Club after booking it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!