old "Wilson" Hotel or Inn, what is it called now?

boswellnakia

When I was young....Dings were King
Several years ago, my family stayed in a facility called the Wilson Hotel, Wilson Inn, or something that began with "Wilson". I'm certain it has been bought out and goes by another name. We loved the location and the layout of the facility. Does anyone know what the current name is? It was located very close to WDW.

Thanks.

I believe you are speaking about the old Wilson World hotel (my sister stayed there). It is now called Red Roof Inn Kissimee (4970 Kyng's Heath Road) - it advertises 3 miles to WDW.

Hope this helps, Tiger

Tiger926 said:
I believe you are speaking about the old Wilson World hotel (my sister stayed there). It is now called Red Roof Inn Kissimee (4970 Kyng's Heath Road) - it advertises 3 miles to WDW.

Hope this helps, Tiger

I checked Red Roof's website and the photos don't look right for what I remember. This had a very nice indoor pool and landscaped area with a snack bar next to the pool, a pizza hut (I think). So unless they leveled the place, this doesn't look right. Thanks for the try.

If you could get an address it would help.

It got changed several years ago.

lots of time when a hotel buys another one - they will tear it down - in order to have more rooms or a bigger lobby.

spiceycat said:
If you could get an address it would help.

It got changed several years ago.

lots of time when a hotel buys another one - they will tear it down - in order to have more rooms or a bigger lobby.

It has been about 8 years so I would guess they have leveled it and started over. Thanks for everyone's help.

I'm not sure if you saw my above post, but I answered your question a couple of hours ago. I called and spoke to the Amerihost reservation agent, plus this is the same address - are you saying that you checked the link I sent and see a vast difference from the old Wilson World? As I also mentioned, the hotel website is down, so maybe wait a few days and compare that way.

Good luck, Tiger

Several years ago, my family stayed in a facility called the Wilson Hotel, Wilson Inn, or something that began with "Wilson". I'm certain it has been bought out and goes by another name. We loved the location and the layout of the facility. Does anyone know what the current name is? It was located very close to WDW.

Thanks.

Wilson Hotels were started by Kemmons Wilson, founder of Holiday Inn, after Wilson had sold all his interests in Holiday Inn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilson_World_Hotels
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-1986-03-03-0200320044-story.html

https://priyooktaviano.com/wilson-world-hotel-orlando.html

Thanks for the info and video! I'm not the OP but I was trying to remember the name of this hotel! I was reminiscing about a great trip we took with my dad in the 90's and couldn't remember the name.

It was very affordable and more like a smaller resort than just a hotel. We loved it.

Thanks for the info and video! I'm not the OP but I was trying to remember the name of this hotel! I was reminiscing about a great trip we took with my dad in the 90's and couldn't remember the name.

It was very affordable and more like a smaller resort than just a hotel. We loved it.

Yeah, I think if you were able to stay there consider yourself very lucky. It may have seemed like an off brand since it didn't have a hotel chain name but since it was run by the founder and former CEO of Holiday Inn, the quality is Holiday Inn level for a cheaper price.

It's kind of like the Rosen hotels now. Especially the Rosen Lake Buena Vista. (which is shuttered right now during the pandemic. That is owned by Harris Rosen who was I believe the first director of Hotel Planning officer for WDW hotels. The Lake Buena Vista one kind of reminds me of the old Carribean Beach resort and for $50-$60 price range is more than you would expect. (It's not great if you are only going to spend $50 per night that would be the best place to stay)
And you also get Choice points with your stay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris_Rosen

Thanks.
This is where we always stayed when I was a kid. I’m 43 now. 🫣. The indoor atrium and pool was the coolest. I loved that our room always had a window overlooking the atrium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!