Olivia's,Kona,WGP Cafe,WGP Express,B&C,Mama Melrose,Cape May Breakfast and Dinner,

Dis31

My middle name is Rice Krispy
Welcome to the most grammaticaly incorrect food report ever.We just got back from a wonderful vacation @ the BC concierge and OKW. It was just my mom, my brother and I. Yes,we ate very well! First off I’m a picky eater so everything I ate was kinda plain, and all my brother ate was chicken fingers, so we’ll leave him out a bit. We had meals at Mama Melrose, Kona Café (2X), Olivia’s(4X), Wolfgang Puck Café, Wolfgang Puck express, Cape May for Dinner and Breakfast, and Beaches and Cream for lunch and ice creams. We ate a few counter services as well.

Cape May Character Breakfast- We checked in early to the BC and our room wasn’t ready and we were starving so we decided to eat here. We we’re seated 10min. after checking in around 10 a.m. We had some Mickey waffles which were good, but I went up to get some more and the second batch was def. fresher. We also had some potatoes which were ok and some fruit. My mom and brother had the typical eggs and bacon.
That’s all I really remember from this meal. It was good but not as great as last time I remember. The characters were great; goofy was all over the place falling on the floor it was very cute. Minnie and chip also came around quickly. This is a nice breakfast if you’re staying at the BC, but otherwise we probably won’t be returning.

Mama Melrose- This was one of our favorite meals. My brother wouldn’t eat anything b/c they didn’t have chicken fingers so he insisted on a Caesar salad w/o cheese which he wouldn’t eat lol, so I had some. The Caesar salad was ok, but not as good as the one at Kona café. Probably wouldn’t order salad here again, but no big deal. I ordered the Penne a La Vodka minus the cheese also, O man this was GOOD. It was soo delicious but very HEAVY. Beware if you order this and plan on hitting the rides quickly after, this def. weighed me down a bit. It was soo good though, I would def. return for this without a question!!! My Mom order an eggplant dish which she said was very good, and gave it two thumbs up. She ordered it with spaghetti instead of the beans it came with w/o a problem. They also give you Italian bread to start which wasn’t good the first time so we were given another which was hot and fresh! Overall this was a great meal and we will def. be returning.
IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

Kona- We had dinner here two times, the first time I was still stuffed from what we had eaten throughout the day so I ordered a chicken sandwich plain. It was fine, basic grilled chicken on a bun. I thought it was going to be more similar to the chicken sandwich they serve at lunch but it was simply a piece of grilled chicken on a hamburger bun( the same one they use for the kids burgers), not the usually sandwich buns they have and no lettuce or tomato. It was fine though plenty nuff for me as I wasn’t very hungry. My brother ordered the chicken and my mom had the filet mingon VERY well done lol. My mom will never order a burger at a restaurant she has to make it herself; also she won’t touch a piece of meat unless it looks burnt! Well she thought this steak was outstanding! She absolutely loved it, and the mashed potatoes were great as well. I’ve had the steak here before and I can back her up it is great! We have had steak at LeCellier as well a few times and while both are amazing my mom and I agree we just love the Kona filet the best! We came back later in the week and both ordered the Filet and like always it was great, as well as a Caesar salad which was perfect. My brother also got for dessert the kids brownie sundae which was good, I ate a lot of it lol.

IMG_2708.jpg

Olivia’s – Since we were staying at OKW we had a few meals here. It was a great little place, very cute and not overly crowded or noisy. We got a both each time and had 4 relaxing meals here. We had breakfast twice; I got the pancakes which were really good and large. My brother ordered the kids pancakes and bacon, and I was surprised how big they were. He got three rather large for a kid’s menu order of pancakes. I wished I had ordered them. I also ordered the kids waffles the next day and they were good. My mom got Olivia’s breakfast once, which was eggs, bacon toast and Olivia’s potatoes which were really good even though I hate cheese these tasted pretty good. The next time she got pancakes and eggs which were great as well. We had lunch here twice both times I got a turkey sandwich plain with lettuce and tomato on white toast. The sandwich was great and a nice change from burgers and fries. My mom ordered the turkey club on white once and, the steak salad the next time and gave both a big thumbs up. We also ordered a Caesar salad once and it was very good. The shakes here are delicious; if you plan on visiting def. get one. We were really kinda disappointed we didn’t get a chance to have dinner here; it’s become one of our new favs. I don’t know that I would go out of my way to eat here though since resort dinning can be hassles but if you stay at OKW def. stop by. The waiters were very nice and got to know us by name and where we liked to sit!
IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3122.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

Wolfgang Puck Café- This was actually a bit of a disappointment. We have been to express before and loved it so I wanted to try the restaurant. It was our last night so we wanted a nice meal. We were seated immediately to a practically empty place and were given our bread. It was gross, way to oily and dense we didn’t like it one bit. We ordered a Caesar salad and Grandma Pucks Bolognese. The Caesar was ok but I had obviously gotten the last bit of that lettuce head. The pasta was okay not great; we actually liked the Bolognese at Express much better. My brother didn’t like his chicken fingers! WHAT! Yea he said they were seasoned funny, who knew?? I tried them I liked them lol but what do I know about chicken fingers. They came with smiles fries also which he didn’t enjoy. So we were somewhat disappointed. We wished we had gone to Raglan Road.

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

Wolfgang Express- I had the best bbq chicken sammie here. I got it plain though no cheese just chicken and bread. We also got a Caesar salad which was good and the Bolognese which was delicious, and not as creamy and heavy as the café.
IMG_3151.jpg

Beaches and Cream- My brother got a burger and fries, which I tasted and it was one of the best I’ve ever had. My mom got the roast beef sandwich with au jus and ate every bite, and I had a chicken sandwich which was my fav of the trip!!! Very cute place. We also all got ice cream and the best brownie a la mode ever.

Cape May Clambake- In the past this has always been a favorite of ours. We had a reservation and 6 and were seated pretty quickly. All the food was very good, but we have come to realize that buffets and Disney don’t mix well for us. We tend to over eat and feel like we need to eat our monies worth and then feel sick. The pasta dish was a marinara sauce which was delicious. We also love the corn bread here, Caesar salad, mashed potatoes, chicken fingers, steaks. The food is really good, but too filling for us! We decided to skip this one next time.

Goods To Go – We didn’t eat here to often, only to get some soft serve ice cream which was good! My only complaint is that you cant get pancakes or waffles in the morning and that the turkey sandwich comes with mayo and cheese and they tell you they cant fix it its already made. Bummer. I also tried to get some food to go from Olivia’s since goods seemed kind of lacking but was rejected!! Boo who.

We def. ate a lot of great food and can’t wait to return for Thanksgiving. Our favorite meal overall and agreed on by everyone was KONA!!!!!! Thanks for reading guys and sorry for all the grammar and spelling errors I didn’t feel like re-reading this. lol

Heres a few outcasts-
IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_2934.jpg

Concierge Pasta dish- sorry its a bit eaten,and Fish and chips.

Thanks for the review. We will be at the BC on the 26th and I am looking forward to eating at Beaches and Cream. We also have an ADR for the Cape May breakfast.

Lovely reviews thankyou. Great photos

(note to myself - ensure nails are also immaculate on food photos, rather than my normal chipped and bitten look)

Hi Dis 31:

We will bee staying at BC Concierge next month, how was your expierence?

We will also be dinning at Mama Melrose

Ricguz :wave2:

Oooh, now I want Penne Vodka! That's my favorite meal, on or off property.

The steak salad at Olivia's looked great too.

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter