On-site vs. off-site during covid

Thanks I saw that too flipping through and getting familiar with the offers.
I do have a question about the surcharge though. It states Date Surcharge (11/6/2020-12/6/2020) for $150 per unit.
I plan on checking in on 11/1. So does the surcharge apply?

I assume they have added surcharges during busier seasons, but that it would only apply to check-in date. If you add it to your cart and start the check-out process, it should show up whether there is a surcharge or not.

(we did not travel during a surcharge season so I'm not 100% sure)

I assume they have added surcharges during busier seasons, but that it would only apply to check-in date. If you add it to your cart and start the check-out process, it should show up whether there is a surcharge or not.

(we did not travel during a surcharge season so I'm not 100% sure)

I clicked through and it didn't show a surcharge, Nice. It also has the option to add Flexible Changes to cancel for a refund. That is a nice option.

I clicked through and it didn't show a surcharge, Nice. It also has the option to add Flexible Changes to cancel for a refund. That is a nice option.

Ok, I cancelled my Bonnet Creek and booked the skyauctions Sheraton Vistana deal. I passed on the $69 skyauction cancellation. But I did pick up travel insurance for $58 to cover the entire trip.
Saved big on that one. Thanks.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me what perks I would miss staying offsite?
In the current environment, on-site perks are Magical Express to and from the airport (no luggage service), location/proximity to the parks, frequent/regular transportation to and from the parks, and theme.

are there any shuttles to WDW and where do they drop you off at?
As mentioned, off-site hotels do provide shuttle services but they can often be few and far between. I've seen some where they are maybe once per hour, others where you have to call. I personally wouldn't rely on an off-site shuttle, and would either rent a car or take Uber/Lyft. I'd also suggest looking into shuttle availability right now - with park attendance and hotel occupancies being low in general, they may have cut back on shuttle offerings.

If you take Uber/Lyft, I would also look into how frequently they are available. Normally, its no issue but I have seen Uber/Lyft availability take a hit where I live as a result of the pandemic.

But to answer the question, I know off-site shuttles would drop off at TTC for MK and the rest would be not far from the WDW bus depots.

are they giving priority to onsite guests for reserving park passes?
Yes, kind of. Onsite guests are in a separate "pool" or "bucket" for park passes and its thought to be the largest amount. This is why if you see that park pass reservations are full for AP holders (for example), there may still be availability for on-site guests.

Those are great deals for the Vistana (way less than what owners pay for maintenance fees)! We've stayed there five different times and really liked it. Enjoy.

We've stayed several times at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace at Disney Springs. Walking distance to Disney Springs for dining/drinking and their pool put it on par with me with a Disney moderate. We take an uber from the airport (which is way faster than dealing with the magic express), which pre-covid was super easy. Their buses are decent, if you are gonna try to rope drop something or get to a morning breakfast reservation and time is vital, then call another uber, this is still cheaper than renting a car/paying the daily parking fee. The bus pick-ups from the parks are not covered/shaded at all so when you are waiting for your bus after leaving the parks, it's gonna be in the sun/rain.

I don't think bus service is going from the parks to Disney Springs, it used to, but only after 4. If you are going to a resort from the hotel, it's no big deal to walk to DS and take the bus to the resort you are going to.

We've stayed several times at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace at Disney Springs. Walking distance to Disney Springs for dining/drinking and their pool put it on par with me with a Disney moderate. We take an uber from the airport (which is way faster than dealing with the magic express), which pre-covid was super easy. Their buses are decent, if you are gonna try to rope drop something or get to a morning breakfast reservation and time is vital, then call another uber, this is still cheaper than renting a car/paying the daily parking fee. The bus pick-ups from the parks are not covered/shaded at all so when you are waiting for your bus after leaving the parks, it's gonna be in the sun/rain.

I don't think bus service is going from the parks to Disney Springs, it used to, but only after 4. If you are going to a resort from the hotel, it's no big deal to walk to DS and take the bus to the resort you are going to.
Thanks for all this info. We are staying at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace in November. We will have our car but I was thinking of just taking an uber/lift in the AM to get to rope drop and taking a bus back to DS and walking back to the resort.

Thanks for all this info. We are staying at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace in November. We will have our car but I was thinking of just taking an uber/lift in the AM to get to rope drop and taking a bus back to DS and walking back to the resort.
For the Magic Kingdom when taking uber/lyft I recommend being dropped off at the Contemporary Hotel. You can take the Contemporary walk way over for super short security and entrance lines. Taking the monorail over from there is another option too. We normally take the walk way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter