On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

Sounds like a great start to your night at HHN!! So sad that HHN and MNSSHP aren't happening this year, i know you love going to them :( I was supposed to go to MNSSHP next week...sigh hopefully next year!!

It makes me so sad! I know we all expected it but it doesn't make it any easier. I hope we can have some normal holidays next year!

Ooooohhhh... you know that's just gonna make it more likely I'm gonna read it, right?

Me too! But just in case there's some normal people out there, I figured a warning is only fair.

People who take your money!!!! Now that's scary!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: true!

I was so sure at this point you'd say how the TMs told the group they couldn't vape anymore.

I was surprised they didn't intervene since we were right in front of them but also they were doing a lot of setup so it's possible they didn't know what was happening. Or they were young kids in front of a mob of guests and intimidated 🤷‍♀️

Of course the very first person I noticed was the woman in the fore ground and I'm like "That is not Marilyn Monroe."

:rotfl::rotfl: When I was sorting through pictures to post, I was wondering why I didn't wait for a better shot.

Nor have I. No clue what it's about.

Me neither still but it seems a lot of people die

What?!?!?

You can't fix that.

:confused3:confused3:confused3

Well, ya gotta eat sometime!

Exactly!

Remember not long ago when they actually did that? Put names on bottles?

Yes! I saved the bottle with my name for a while and then decided I didn't know what to do with it and threw it out lol

Honestly, pre-gaming for HHN is the best way to do it. As someone who has tried to get a little turnt at the event, it's hard since most of the drinks are watered down and super expensive so if you need liquid courage for the night you have to start early with the cheap stuff from the store. Not about the disrespectful behavior though. Worst types to deal with.

I get that and when I was a couple years younger, I'd have been all for it lol. Now, if I started drinking before it, I'd probably pass out from exhaustion during the night :rotfl: :rotfl:

Security is so fast in scare zones, it's wild. Thank goodness they ejected him as quick as they did. It is amazing what people will try with scare actors. If only security was as good in the houses since I've seen instances like that where a guest needed to go but there was no ops nearby to do anything about it.

They were SO fast! I was impressed and glad to see it. Yeah, I've seen a lot of questionable behavior in the houses but it's a lot harder to police that I guess.

know for many they just could not handle the smell, which personally did not bother me.

Me neither :confused3

I think its predecessor house did seem better from what I hear, but this one was still really good and one of the few houses that actually consistently improved itself throughout the event

That's what I heard too but since I never saw the original, I was perfectly happy with this one lol

So first I love the name you've chosen for your son ❤ Ricky is named after both his grandfathers who had passed before he was born. While Steve's dad wasn't called Ricky mine was, by everyone, hence why we call him that! I cannot tell you how much it means to me to have named him after my dad who died in 1999 at age 52. I had no idea how glad I would be. And there have been so many times over the years that old friends of his or family members I don't see often will say "Oh I love how you named your son Ricky!" and it brings tears to my eyes every time.

Thank you 💙💙. Aww that's really sweet. I know it means a lot to Mike and his family to have our son named after his dad and even more so now with his mom being sick. And my dad cried when we told him his middle name would be Allan so I guess he's happy too lol so I'm even happier with our decision!

I do think when it comes back in 2021 it'll be bigger and better than ever though!

I hope so! I can't wait!

Shutterbuttons is so neat! It actually is included when you book the Harry Potter package (the exclusive package) but I actually didn't know it came included in any other package.

It really is! I never really knew what it was but it was a fun thing to do!

Me too! But just in case there's some normal people out there, I figured a warning is only fair.
There are normal people out there????
I was surprised they didn't intervene since we were right in front of them but also they were doing a lot of setup so it's possible they didn't know what was happening. Or they were young kids in front of a mob of guests and intimidated 🤷‍♀️
Could be any of that. Or all of it.
Me neither still but it seems a lot of people die
Usually.
Yes! I saved the bottle with my name for a while and then decided I didn't know what to do with it and threw it out lol
Funny how that is. "Ooooh! Look! It's got my name on it!..... Meh."

HHN Magic!

We left off getting off Gringotts and we were ready for more horror-themed fun.

As we were exiting Diagon Alley, a group approached us saying they had express passes left that were only good for 3 more HHN houses and asked if we'd like them!

giphy.gif

The three houses they were good for? Stranger Things, Ghostbusters and Yeti! I was doing a serious happy dance. :jumping1:

We decided to go to Stranger Things first and passed by this dancing robot in the Rob Zombie scare zone on the way.

The wait time for Stranger Things was 110 minutes at 8:30 pm but with our express passes we waited around 15 minutes!

While we were in line, there must've been a change of shift for the yetis because a parade of them went past us :rotfl:.

I was still disappointed by Stranger Things after a second go around. I really wish they'd separated seasons 2 and 3!

I guess we felt like going in circles afterwards because we went back through the Rob Zombie scare zone.

I took the opportunity to get pictures with my new favorite robots.

Transformers isn't any of our favorite 3d ride but it was a walk-on so we rode.

After our ride, we decided to go to the photo studio to take advantage of the special HHN backdrops.

We all (the boys especially lol) expected it to be cheesy but we had a lot of fun with it!

This day definitely confirmed our acting skills belong in Hollywood :oops:

The instructions for this one were to act like we were running but I guess I decided I was too cool to run 🤷‍♀️

I decided to be the minion in front for this one lol.

Steve opted to sit this one out instead of playing the role of the 3rd wheel lol.

We left our photo shoot cracking up:rotfl:.

Mel's drive in becomes the DIE in for HHN nights.

Marathon of Mayhem was due to start at 10 and it was around 9:50 so we decided to get a spot to watch it again. I fell in love with it our first night so I was very excited to watch it again!

Good Night HHN!

Since we watched from the first level the other night, we decided to go up a little higher for a different view point this time.

It was a better view from higher up, but a challenge for short people like me who end up seeing the back of people's heads.

The show was great again! The soundtrack is fun and all the different elements make it fun to watch. I hope when HHN returns next year, this show (or some version of it) come back too.

After the show, we used our express pass to go through the Ghostbusters house again. The wait was posted at 70 minutes when we got there and we still had to wait about 25 minutes with the express pass. But we all enjoyed going through it again!

Hollywood Rip Ride Rock It only had a 20 minute wait and since we were right there, we chose to ride.

This ride terrifies me no matter how many times I ride it but I still love it! And it's even scarier at night lol.

After our ride, we used our express pass for the last house- Yeti! It was also posted at a 70 minute wait but we only waited 10-15 minutes this time.

I loved this go-through even more. There were so many monsters in the house and it really became one of my favorites.

We were all hitting a wall of exhaustion and had done pretty much everything we wanted to do so we agreed to do one last ride on the Mummy and then leave.

I think the wait time was posted at 20 minutes but it really only took as long as it took to walk the queue.

It was 11:40 when we got off the ride and we made the LONG walk to the parking lot. That walk really feels like miles at the end of a long park day!

We got back to the hotel and called it a night!

The next day would bring a few last hours at Universal and then back to WDW!

Awesome luck getting the express pass for those 3 houses! Very cool
You all did so many different things, a nice mix of houses, the show, rides, and photos. I like all the different photo options during the HHN.
I love Stranger Things, the series, bummer the House wasn't that great.
I would love the Yeti house, I have always been fascinated with Yetis and Bigfoot, who’s named Darrell lol 😆

As we were exiting Diagon Alley, a group approached us saying they had express passes left that were only good for 3 more HHN houses and asked if we'd like them!
"Nah. We're good. We like lines."

Score!
I was doing a serious happy dance.
I bet!
The wait time for Stranger Things was 110 minutes at 8:30 pm but with our express passes we waited around 15 minutes!
Niiiice.
While we were in line, there must've been a change of shift for the yetis because a parade of them went past us :rotfl:.
Oh, sure. You see that all the time, pretty much anywhere.

:rolleyes:
Transformers isn't any of our favorite 3d ride but it was a walk-on so we rode.
It would have to be a walk-on for me to do it again... maybe not even then.
We all (the boys especially lol) expected it to be cheesy but we had a lot of fun with it!
Good! :)
This day definitely confirmed our acting skills belong in Hollywood :oops:
:laughing:
I decided to be the minion in front for this one lol.
Can hardly tell which is which.

:duck:
We left our photo shoot cracking up:rotfl:.
You had fun. All that matters. Some fun shots in there.
Mel's drive in becomes the DIE in for HHN nights.
Okay, that's smart. I don't know who thought of that, but they deserve a raise.
It was a better view from higher up, but a challenge for short people like me who end up seeing the back of people's heads.
There's a similar thing in MK on the Jungle Cruise.
This ride terrifies me no matter how many times I ride it but I still love it! And it's even scarier at night lol.
I bet. It's intense enough as it is!
we agreed to do one last ride on the Mummy
Good choice for a finale. :)

So cool about the EP! Definitely helps with those long waits for the houses.

I really liked the Yeti house too; there was like a 90% chance Steve and I were going to go again this year so super bummed it's canceled :( I think it'll be extra special next year as well as extra crowded lol!

How lucky you were to get that EP! I could never wait that long for another round in Stranger Things or Yeti (my two least favorites).

I love all the special photo ops! Looks like you really were having a blast. I love the one in Hollywood where you just posed instead of running lol Probably what I would do.

I agree about Marathon of Mayhem, I really hope it does return. With the probability that they are losing what they'd thought to be their mainstay show, Marathon of Mayhem needs to make a return to hold the fort in terms of shows. Based on the fact that they were running the show after-hours a few months back, I'm guessing that technology is still there so probably no need to worry.

A little late to the party, but excited to follow along! I'm really excited for your impending little one and I hope you get to have a magical trip with him in February. Your report has been really cool. I'm glad you broke the typical tourist mode and ventured into "real Orlando" to get Gideon's Cookies. I actually haven't eaten their cookies yet, but I go to that shopping area all the time to take out ramen from Domu, a restaurant in the back of the building. One of these days I should pre-order some cookies while I'm at it!

Awesome luck getting the express pass for those 3 houses! Very cool

It really made the night for us!

You all did so many different things, a nice mix of houses, the show, rides, and photos.

That's what I like about doing more than one HHN night- you can soak in so much more than just running around trying to get to all the houses.

I would love the Yeti house, I have always been fascinated with Yetis and Bigfoot, who’s named Darrell lol 😆

There were so many yetis lol! You would've loved it!

"Nah. We're good. We like lines."

Score!

Oh yeah, I have 110 minutes to kill and I was hoping to stand in a really long line during it.

Oh, sure. You see that all the time, pretty much anywhere.

Do you not have yeti parades in Canada?

Can hardly tell which is which.

My job here is done!

You had fun. All that matters. Some fun shots in there.

Exactly! Thank you!

Okay, that's smart. I don't know who thought of that, but they deserve a raise.

Agreed. So simple yet so perfect

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter