On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

So cool about the EP! Definitely helps with those long waits for the houses.

I really liked the Yeti house too; there was like a 90% chance Steve and I were going to go again this year so super bummed it's canceled :( I think it'll be extra special next year as well as extra crowded lol!

That's how I feel about next year too! We will probably only get to do one night since we'll have a tiny human who will need babysitting so express passes will 100% be in our future!

How lucky you were to get that EP! I could never wait that long for another round in Stranger Things or Yeti (my two least favorites).

It was awesome to get the EP! We were lucky enough to be able to go to the test weekend for the two houses last weekend and with the virtual queue, the waits were super short. Not sure if they could make that work for the actual event but it would be awesome lol

I love all the special photo ops! Looks like you really were having a blast. I love the one in Hollywood where you just posed instead of running lol Probably what I would do.

They were so goofy but so fun lol. Posing seemed much more realistic than running because I almost never run :rotfl:

I agree about Marathon of Mayhem, I really hope it does return. With the probability that they are losing what they'd thought to be their mainstay show, Marathon of Mayhem needs to make a return to hold the fort in terms of shows. Based on the fact that they were running the show after-hours a few months back, I'm guessing that technology is still there so probably no need to worry.

I only recently read about the AOV not coming back and the reasons why. I'm sad because I loved AOV but I completely understand why Universal isn't bringing them back.

A little late to the party, but excited to follow along!

Welcome! Thanks for reading!

I'm really excited for your impending little one and I hope you get to have a magical trip with him in February.

Thank you 🥰 🥰 🥰 It's certainly going to be a very different trip/life really lol than we're used to be I'm so excited.

I'm glad you broke the typical tourist mode and ventured into "real Orlando" to get Gideon's Cookies. I actually haven't eaten their cookies yet, but I go to that shopping area all the time to take out ramen from Domu, a restaurant in the back of the building. One of these days I should pre-order some cookies while I'm at it!

I love those cookies! You definitely should. I was hoping to venture out more into "real Orlando" on this trip but it seemed so hit or miss out of the theme parks with who was actually adhering to masks and distancing that we didn't.

October 30,2019: the Who-lidays are here!

We're back from our trip!

It was obviously different from all of our other Fall trips but we still had a great trip, with some Halloween surprises! We were surprised how much fun the character cavalcades were at WDW and even got to go through 2 HHN houses at Universal. I shared some of my thoughts about how things went in my PTR since it's going to be forever before I start that TR!

Back to last October, when social distancing wasn't even on our radar.

---------------------------------------------

After a busy night at HHN, getting to the parks for rope drop was out of the question but we still made it to Islands of Adventure for 10 am. I feel like I was much younger just a year ago!
giphy.gif

As soon as we made it into the park, I made us stop again for more pictures. It's what I do 🤷‍♀️

This photographer deviated from the standard 3 poses (I think he may have been inspired by Mike's shirt :rolleyes1).

Even though it was still the day before Halloween, Seuss Landing was all decked out for the Who-lidays!

I just love this area of the park. No matter how much time we spend here, I always take a ton of pictures because it's so colorful and fun. We picked up some adorable Dr. Seuss onesies for Robert in Target the other day so I can't wait to take 1000 pictures of him in this area!

Fitting in with the decorations, we found the Grinch meeting with Sam I Am! I love how they have both animated and live action Grinch version to meet!

Mike and Steve tried to avoid getting in the picture but I made them join in. They should thank me for these memories now that character meetings don't exist!

Once I was done photographing every single Christmas decoration I could find, we moved on to the Lost Continent.

I took a picture of Mythos as I'm sure I told Mike I still never got to eat there yet (spoiler alert- we finally ate there this trip and it was SO DELICIOUS!)

And then I spied Puss in Boots meeting and beelined over like a child!

And then we finally made it to our intended destination!

I feel like I was much younger just a year ago!
I suspect you weren't quite as pregnant, then. Just a guess.
As soon as we made it into the park, I made us stop again for more pictures. It's what I do 🤷‍♀️
::yes:: So I've noticed!
Seuss Landing was all decked out for the Who-lidays!
Nope! I call foul. Should wait until after.
I always take a ton of pictures because it's so colorful and fun.
I do like the area. Reminds me of a simpler time. (when I was little)
I love how they have both animated and live action Grinch version to meet!
Did not know that!
I took a picture of Mythos as I'm sure I told Mike I still never got to eat there yet (spoiler alert- we finally ate there this trip and it was SO DELICIOUS!)
Oh, good!
And then I spied Puss in Boots meeting and beelined over like a child!
Well... yeah! Of course!

How exciting you got to go for dietHHN and mini-MNSSHP! I'm thinking of going down and staying with a friend to experience it. Kinda anxious about flying out during a pandemic, but I've heard Universal has done a good job in following CDC guidelines. Glad to hear you had a good time!

It's so weird knowing that there are no character meetings at the moment, just selfie ops or whatever. I've seen some cool interactions though and love your character meet photos from this trip. Live Action Grinch is one of the best characters to meet even if his line is super long.

Sounds like a good start to the morning! Now EVERY character meet is considered a rare meet :rotfl2: Good thing you stopped for pics and made the boys get in them!

I am surprised Suess Landing was all decked out for Christmas before Halloween! It did look really cute. Cool pictures with characters. We have only met Spongebob and Patrick so far.
I am thinking about doing the Orlando Informer meet-up in December.
It would be so fun!

How exciting you got to go for dietHHN and mini-MNSSHP! I'm thinking of going down and staying with a friend to experience it. Kinda anxious about flying out during a pandemic, but I've heard Universal has done a good job in following CDC guidelines. Glad to hear you had a good time!

I was anxious about flying too- we flew United who I don't think is doing the best they could be but I felt ok still. Universal is definitely doing a good job- I was much more impressed with Universal's systems than Disney's.

It's so weird knowing that there are no character meetings at the moment, just selfie ops or whatever.

Agreed. Some of them are a lot of fun still though.

Live Action Grinch is one of the best characters to meet even if his line is super long.

Yess!

While we were in line, there must've been a change of shift for the yetis because a parade of them went past us :rotfl:.

Well now, that's not something you see everyday! :laughing:

This day definitely confirmed our acting skills belong in Hollywood :oops:

What a fun photoshoot!

:rotfl2:

This ride terrifies me no matter how many times I ride it but I still love it! And it's even scarier at night lol.

Yikes! I've never been able to bring myself to try it :scared1:

Back to last October, when social distancing wasn't even on our radar.

Aw, can we really go back? Please?

After a busy night at HHN, getting to the parks for rope drop was out of the question but we still made it to Islands of Adventure for 10 am. I feel like I was much younger just a year ago!

Haha! Just wait until next year!

Even though it was still the day before Halloween, Seuss Landing was all decked out for the Who-lidays!

That's kind of weird. IDK that I'd be digging a Christmas vibe in the middle of my Halloween trip. We were in WDW for the changeover one year…one minute it was Halloween and pumpkins everywhere, and then POOF…poinsettias, wreaths and trees. It was cool to see, but I learned then that I like to keep my holidays separate.

I just love this area of the park. No matter how much time we spend here, I always take a ton of pictures because it's so colorful and fun. We picked up some adorable Dr. Seuss onesies for Robert in Target the other day so I can't wait to take 1000 pictures of him in this area!

Awwww 👶🥰

I was anxious about flying too- we flew United who I don't think is doing the best they could be but I felt ok still. Universal is definitely doing a good job- I was much more impressed with Universal's systems than Disney's.
We've flown 3x to Florida now since all the parks reopened, JetBlue from Newark each time. JetBlue is doing a fantastic job so we feel totally comfortable on the plane and MCO hasn't been busy enough, even last week, to feel uncomfortable! Newark....that takes a bit of ballet to keep distanced but in all honestly I've never felt completely clean when we've been there lol!

We were at Universal within days of them reopening in June and were totally amazed at how they were doing things. From all first hand reports I get they're still doing great. I'm impressed with Disney as well, I just think it's a bit easier for Uni with size.

What a fun photoshoot!

It was a lot of silly fun!

Yikes! I've never been able to bring myself to try it :scared1:

It scares me to death every time but I still love it!

Aw, can we really go back? Please?

Ugh I wish!!!

Haha! Just wait until next year!

:faint: :faint: :faint:

That's kind of weird. IDK that I'd be digging a Christmas vibe in the middle of my Halloween trip. We were in WDW for the changeover one year…one minute it was Halloween and pumpkins everywhere, and then POOF…poinsettias, wreaths and trees. It was cool to see, but I learned then that I like to keep my holidays separate.

It was kinda strange! I don't mind the quick changeover but going back and forth from one holiday to the next is a little much. The year before, we went to HHN the first few days of November and Disney had already put out the Christmas decorations so it felt really strange!

💙💙

We've flown 3x to Florida now since all the parks reopened, JetBlue from Newark each time. JetBlue is doing a fantastic job so we feel totally comfortable on the plane and MCO hasn't been busy enough, even last week, to feel uncomfortable! Newark....that takes a bit of ballet to keep distanced but in all honestly I've never felt completely clean when we've been there lol!

We were at Universal within days of them reopening in June and were totally amazed at how they were doing things. From all first hand reports I get they're still doing great. I'm impressed with Disney as well, I just think it's a bit easier for Uni with size.

True- airports and airplanes have always kinda been germfests in my book lol so they're probably cleaner now than ever before when we weren't thinking about it. I wish United had still been leaving the middle seats empty in rows but luckily the girl in our row on the way down was lovely and we lucked into a row by ourselves on the way home.

I was shocked at Disney that there were no temperature checks until the parks. I know the checks themselves are far from a perfect "covid detector" but still, if someone has a fever, they wait in line for the bus, ride all the way to the park and it goes undetected until that person gets all the way to the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!