Onboard Cruise Booking

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
Hey

We have our first royal Caribbean cruise this sept

I was just wondering are there any benefits to booking a future cruise onboard

We have been with Disney in the past and they gave you 10% off and onboard credit

Just wondering if I should keep money aside to book onboard or are the offers online better eg all Inslusive drinks etc

I also was curious as we have only sailed with Disney. Did some research online and found this on the RCL website.
Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean features a NextCruise booking program. With a nonrefundable deposit, you get up to $500 per cabin in future onboard credit, based on length of sailing and cabin category; you'll have the choice to take it as either a future cruise credit or a discount on the new booking. The amount goes up to $600 if you book your next sailing more than six months in advance. Cruisers have to pick their ships and sailing dates at the time of the reservation, though they can also opt for a refundable reservation, which will get them a future onboard credit of up to $150 per stateroom (based on the cruise length). Each person can make up to three bookings for themselves or friends or family while onboard.

I also was curious as we have only sailed with Disney. Did some research online and found this on the RCL website.
Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean features a NextCruise booking program. With a nonrefundable deposit, you get up to $500 per cabin in future onboard credit, based on length of sailing and cabin category; you'll have the choice to take it as either a future cruise credit or a discount on the new booking. The amount goes up to $600 if you book your next sailing more than six months in advance. Cruisers have to pick their ships and sailing dates at the time of the reservation, though they can also opt for a refundable reservation, which will get them a future onboard credit of up to $150 per stateroom (based on the cruise length). Each person can make up to three bookings for themselves or friends or family while onboard.[/QUOTE

So is this offer any good if you book say a weeks cruise with a oceon view

Not sure if this is as good as disneys onboard offer

So is this offer any good if you book say a weeks cruise with a oceon view

Not sure if this is as good as disneys onboard offer

In my experience it is very rare that the onboard offer is better than what you will find online. Especially if you are looking greater than 6 months out, as they lock you into a non-refundable deposit to get the best perks (which means you can’t rebook if the price drops).

If you have an idea of future cruises you want and what is currently offered on land it helps to gauge if the offers are actually anything competitive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!