Once an expert, now a novice - help this now Texan plan her trip back to the world!

katefl

Earning My Ears
Hello out there! I am glad you have come to offer me some assistance!

My name is Katie and I am currently planning a trip to WDW in October.

Now you see, once upon a time I was a Florida native. I lived only an hour and a half away from the almighty WDW growing up and because of this and my wonderful parents I have been many times. Fast forward to college where I attended the University of Central Florida and frequented WDW pretty much every chance I got.

So. Needless to say (or do I need to?) I was once upon a time a disney expert. I followed along with all the rumors and updates as new things emerged. Followed the DIS boards to meet other young adults struck with the love that is Disney. Kept up to date with many trip reports and tried new things based on these people who only got to visit ONE. TIME. A. YEAR. :scared1::scared1::scared1: And would occasionally go by myself to see the new attraction or what have you because I was literally that close and well, why not?

But you see....

Now.... :guilty:

Now I have become one of them. :scared:

One of those people who only gets to go one time a year (IF I'M LUCKY!!!!:worried:)

SO. It has been abbbooouuuuttttt 503 days since my last Disney trip. :headache:

I went with this wonderful man.
580638_10101733470608097_19280714_n-jpg.87102

I met him the day I moved to Texas, yessirreeee. We started happily dating soon after and I had to take him to WDW because... well.... because I love it and it is as much home to me as my parents place an hour and a half south.

So I took him in November '13. We had a very packed list of things to do (read that as: my favorites he had to suffer through but didn't know any better). We had fun, he met my parents, and then the crowds came in and all my plans kinda went out the window.

Anyways. He and I agreed that we would do a specifically DISNEY trip to Florida once every other year. and guess what people. It's the every other year!!!

We are going this October 15 - 18 and staying at AKL.

Now, here is where YOU come in.

I've been away from Disney for a long while. I haven't been on the DIS since I moved. I haven't been keeping up with rumors or plans or whatever. I've kept Disney far far away from my mind. (I DON'T like to think about something that I can't have/do within a foreseeable future). So please help me plan my days, my meals, my fp+ like a person who is only visiting for a little bit, not someone who lives 10 minutes away. I want to make this enjoyable for both my boyfriend and myself without it being too jam packed where we get hangry and snarky with each other and lose some of that Disney magic.

My ADR day is coming up soon and I have questions galore!

Hope you stick around and thank you in advance for all of your helpful tips and tricks!

Attachments

• 580638_10101733470608097_19280714_n.jpg
    580638_10101733470608097_19280714_n.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter