Once Upon a Time

Bill007

Mouseketeer
I'm new here so I don't know if this has been a thread before, (though it likely has) but what are people's reactions to 'Once Upon a Time's' treatment of the Disney stories and characters? I mean the original few seasons with Emma Swan, not the newest season which was abysmal. Some of it I liked but some was too convoluted. However, I did enjoy the show while it lasted. Even though Rumplestiltskin was never a Disney character, I really enjoyed his character in the show. (I also got a kick out of seeing Gold's Pawn Shop storefront at Disney Hollywood Studios).

I enjoyed seasons 1 thru 6, but I'm in agreement with you about the current season. I gave the first three episodes of season 7 a watch, but then I gave up on it. :guilty:

I watched it live for the first 4 seasons. Now I’m catching up on Netflix (until the company removes all content from there) and about to start season 6.

I will have to look for Gold’s Pawn Shop in HS!

I have enjoyed seeing characters from various Disney movies cross paths and how they are connected to one another. I also like how the main characters are Snow White and Prince Charming (even though it bothers me that Charming is not Snow White’s prince technically lol) as it connects to Walt’s first full length animated feature.

I will have to look for Gold’s Pawn Shop in HS!

Don't bother - it was a part of Streets of America so it's gone now.

I'm not surprised it didn't have more of a presence in the parks. The show kind of prided itself on putting a twist on classic characters. The show's version of Peter Pan was a straight up villain. The way the show was written, it wasn't really conducive to that kind of cross promotion.

That said, I consider Emma Swan a Disney princess.

Don't bother - it was a part of Streets of America so it's gone now.

I'm not surprised it didn't have more of a presence in the parks. The show kind of prided itself on putting a twist on classic characters. The show's version of Peter Pan was a straight up villain. The way the show was written, it wasn't really conducive to that kind of cross promotion.

That said, I consider Emma Swan a Disney princess.

I only visited WDW once since the show began and Streets of America was still open so that makes sense on why I never saw it.

I’m surprised there was only one reference to the show in the park. Very true, (Captain) Hook is more of a hero and Peter Pan is a villain in the show.

I think I can speak for many when I say we knew this was coming.

I'm new here so I don't know if this has been a thread before, (though it likely has) but what are people's reactions to 'Once Upon a Time's' treatment of the Disney stories and characters? I mean the original few seasons with Emma Swan, not the newest season which was abysmal. Some of it I liked but some was too convoluted. However, I did enjoy the show while it lasted. Even though Rumplestiltskin was never a Disney character, I really enjoyed his character in the show. (I also got a kick out of seeing Gold's Pawn Shop storefront at Disney Hollywood Studios).

I hated Frozen the movie but I thought OUAT's Frozen story arch was amazing. That to me was more what the film should have been. I didn't like the way Elsa comes off in the film but Elsa on the show is much more interesting and well developed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!