One Guy, A Girl, and A service dog: One INCREDIBLE Disney Vacation June 22-28th

Yikes!!! I cannot believe its been so long since I have even updated this TR (been crazy busy the past month and a half). WOuld like to take a bit of a time out from the actual TR and do a bit of a q and a in regards to visiting WDW with a service dog. I haven't seen very many TRs that feature service dogs and would like to take this opportunity to allow the readers to ask a few questions.

Allybaba98 asked how all the kids did with Disney around. This is a very common question and I am very happy to answer. Most kids did the traditional expected answer of "oh look at the doggy!!!". What I was incredibly happy about was the ability for the parents to kindly tell their kids that "the doggy is working and she is working for the lady that has the leash. you can't touch that puppy because she's working". These responses brought a smile to my face and I would go out of my way to thank those families that were courteous enough to respect the fact that my dog was in fact working.

I think a few of the most awesome moments had to be whenever Rob and I would go out to eat and when we had finished eating, people had no idea that Disney was under the table and that's how it should be! The service dog shouldn't be an attention drawing thing and they should be on their best behavior! Its not only a reflection on the dog and handler but also a reflection on the service dog community as a whole.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have!!! More TR to come!!

Missy and Disney :tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter