One hour from gate to resort using DME?

Koopaloop

Earning My Ears
It happened to me yesterday!! Everything seemed to work out perfectly. No line to scan in, got on a bus immediately, waited about 5 mins for a few more people, and were the the first resort stop. We flew first class and were off the plane first, which was a big time saver. If only it was always this quick!

Nice.

Last time our plane was wheels down on the runway at 605p and stopped at the gate at 611a. We arrived at OKW at 702p. Unfortunately we were going to the last stop, Fort Wilderness, and we got there at 730p. But I'll take 1:25 from wheels down to my resort any day.

It happens to me most of the time.
I fly SWA and sit within the first few rows.
I'm off the pplane immediately and walk directly to DME and in about 2 minutes or less I'm led to a bus and 2 minutes after that we are on our way.
There has only been one time that I ended up waiting 20 minutes to leave and then went to 3 resorts before mine.
It took about 2hrs from gate to room that time.

That's awesome!

Someone on Facebook just posted a picture of the ME line at the airport - the lines just to scan magic band were horrendous!!! :sad2:

We were very quick last weekend. Couldn't be quicker actually, when it comes to departing.
Off the plane, right down to ME, walked right on, didn't stop longer than it took to scan our bands. They rushed us out to the bus and we got the last 2 seats on the bus so it pulled away as soon as we got seated.
However, we were 3rd stop (BWI, BC, then YC)

It happened to me yesterday!! Everything seemed to work out perfectly. No line to scan in, got on a bus immediately, waited about 5 mins for a few more people, and were the the first resort stop. We flew first class and were off the plane first, which was a big time saver. If only it was always this quick!

What time of day? I arrived around noon on a Saturday last year and didn’t get on until the third bus.

I've had that happen a few times. Most times it runs around 70 mins. One time it was 90 mins....not fun.

I've had that happen a few times. Most times it runs around 70 mins. One time it was 90 mins....not fun.
We had one that was 2 hours :sad2:. We had to wait for a 3rd bus , would have been longer but POFQ was the 2nd stop.

My two worst DME experiences...
1. Everything was the longest it could be. Huge crowd heading to the tram, got there just as it was leaving. Had to wait 10 mins for the next one, after shuffling along with the crowd. Then, huge crowd heading to DME. Got there and there were issues with the check in area...prior to the kind of check in they have now. Then, a 25 min wait for the bus..just missed the bus. Then there were a ton of checked bags to load under the bus, which took some time. We were going to Pop that time. Usually it was the first stop. This time it was the fourth....stopped at CSR, and had to sit and wait while luggage was removed and claimed. Then to AKL-Jambo...same thing, wait for luggage to come out and be handed off. To Kidani, more luggage. By the time we got to Pop, I had been on the bus over 90 mins! I have never seen that much luggage brought to the bus...and a ton of it had DME yellow tags on them. That was the trip I got my head handed to me when I helpfully (I thought anyway!) told a dad that he didn't need to affix the yellow tags to his bags while standing in line for the bus!! I was told I had no idea how the system worked and to mind my own business. Okay then.

2. The Sat in early Dec my friend and I arrived at the DME area to check in. At that time, there was a counter you had to go to. The line was back past the car rental area!!!! Incredible. Seems a lot of Pop Warner families were arriving at that time. It took 25 mins just to get through that first line. I was so happy we were going to BWVs, and not a value resort that time!!! The lines for those resorts were incredible!!!! Once we got out of that check in line, we were fine..but that took close to 85 mins total.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter