One time use points

stormer

DIS Veteran
I know you can only get the one time use points at the 7 month mark. Can I book the first 7 nights of my trip and then call at the 7 month mark and try to add the last night purchasing the one time use points and have all the nights linked together? Or does the entire reservation need to be booked at the same time?

I know you can only get the one time use points at the 7 month mark. Can I book the first 7 nights of my trip and then call at the 7 month mark and try to add the last night purchasing the one time use points and have all the nights linked together? Or does the entire reservation need to be booked at the same time?

Yes, I’ve done that - booked what I could at 11 months, then bought OTU points to add a night at 7 months. This was not for a trip at a high-demand time of year, but still it was a long 4 months waiting to find out whether what we wanted would still be available by 9AM the day the 7 month window opened!

Are you booking the first 7 nights with home resort points? If so, I agree with CarolynFH.

If you are booking the first 7 nights at the 7 month window, then because you want to use OTU points, you may have to wait until the 7 month window opens for the 8th night to book the additional nights. If you had enough of your own points to book the non-home resort vacation when the 7 month window opens, you could add the additional night the next day by calling MS.

I have found it is usually cheaper to check on the rent/transfer point to see if anyone has a few extra points of the same home resort to transfer to you, of course you can only do this once per year, but it also means that you can use them at the 11 month window. Generally from that section they run $10-$11 per point instead of $17 per point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!