Online Check-In and Room Request

Tink316

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We leave Saturday morning for our first stay as DVC members! :cool1: We are staying at AKV - Kidani with Savannah view and have requested room near the lobby since I have an DS with Down syndrome. He has very low muscle tone and standing and walking distances can be very tiring for him. (We rent a wheelchair in the parks for him.)

If we use online check-in, do we have just as good a chance of getting our room request vs. in-person check-in? We arrive early on Saturday - at MCO for 9:30a -- and using ME. I realize the request is just that...and not a guarantee. But because of my son's needs just trying to determine if online check-in is the way to go or not. :confused3

Thanks for any help/advice!

T
:tink:

I've personally had good results at getting our requests when using online check-in.

I agree with Dave. And even when doing online check in, when you get there you can restate your requirements to the CM due to your son's medical condiition and the they will double check the location of the room for you.

There are also free wheelchairs available for guest use at the resorts. They are in limited supply but that could be an option if the distance is still too much for your DS.

I enjoy using online checkin, but I do NOT believe there is any space for that sort of request. I've checked off "first floor" (there's no fill in the blank area, just a very short list of options), but there's really not that much else on there.

Call MS and get the request done that way.

The best chance for your request being matched by the automated room assignment system is to stick to the standard requests.

In your case I would contact MS and make the request as a medical one.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks everyone... I will call MS and put in the room request...well just make sure they still have it.

Can't wait to experience DVC membership for the first time!! :lovestruc

:tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter