Online mattress purchase ?

mommajo143

DIS Veteran
DH and I have been looking at new mattresses. Ours is nearly 10 years old and we really want a king size. We found the mattress we want (Sealy Hybrid™ Performance Copper II) but now are trying to find the best place to buy. The lease expensive place we found is online. Has anyone heard of / used "factory outlet store dot com" - the price is similar (Only slightly less) to local businesses BUT it includes lots of extras like: delivery / set up, removal of old mattress, as well as a mattress protector, sheet set and pillows. I worry about buying such a major purchase online and wonder if you have bought from them, or online in general and what your thoughts are?

Do you know that local dealers don't or won't offer any of that? Have you googled the site name + reviews?

We bought a zenuis green tea mattress on Amazon, it was 300 for a queen. ( today i checked it was 244) My idea was if i did not like it we could put it in the guest room. It is the best mattress we have ever had. We are using our boxspring from our old bed. We have had it for 4 years. Its not much more for the king and free shipping

Last edited:
We bought a zenuis green tea mattress on Amazon, it was 300 for a queen. ( today i checked it was 244) My idea was if i did not like it we could put it in the guest room. It is the best mattress we have ever had. We are using our boxspring from our old bed. We have had it for 4 years.

I've bought those for all my kids. Buying online is nice, especially for the ones that live out of state. I can just pay for it and have it shipped to them. Easy peasy. The quality is excellent too.

DH and I have been looking at new mattresses. Ours is nearly 10 years old and we really want a king size. We found the mattress we want (Sealy Hybrid™ Performance Copper II) but now are trying to find the best place to buy. The lease expensive place we found is online. Has anyone heard of / used "factory outlet store dot com" - the price is similar (Only slightly less) to local businesses BUT it includes lots of extras like: delivery / set up, removal of old mattress, as well as a mattress protector, sheet set and pillows. I worry about buying such a major purchase online and wonder if you have bought from them, or online in general and what your thoughts are?

I wouldn't look the at sheets etc as part of it because they may not even be worth using once you get them. The quality may not be there etc.

I'd see what the local place can do, if they'll match the online place or give you some type of deal to keep you from buying online. I would see mattresses, especially when it's a mattress store, as something I can still try and haggle for like you would at a furniture store. It's also possible that they'll have sales for presidents day weekend.

Personally, unless it was a huge savings, I'd rather deal with a local to me business when it comes to a mattress, making sure it's delivered on time and the old one picked up. I've never heard of the website, if you want to use them I'd google them and see what reviews they have and if anything from the BBB pops up.

Most places these days offer all you are looking for.. however what is more important is the place your buy the Mattress from is who warranties the mattress make sure you also ask as if you do not buy the box spring as well this will void the warranty. We have a Sealy Hybrid mattress that we bought when they first came out maybe 6 or 7 or longer?? years ago and I can tell you it is as good as the day we bought it.. I did buy one of the Zinus green tea mattress with cooling gel for my son around 7 months ago it is a decent Mattress for what it costs it is not my taste as it is a very soft mattress the cooling gel works somewhat but it still does warm up. The cooling gel on the Sealy is a different animal it is amazing in the summer never woke up in a sweat but the downfall is the winter as it takes a LONG time to get warm... get up in the middle of the night and you are coming back to a cold bed.... if you plan on replacing the mattress every X amount of years the internet mattresses are great but if you plan on keeping it, the Sealy does come with a 25 year warranty, make sure who you are buying it from will be around and research the customer satisfaction with warranty... also it is a very thick mattress so make sure sleeping higher up is comfortable for you.

We bought a zenuis green tea mattress on Amazon, it was 300 for a queen. ( today i checked it was 244) My idea was if i did not like it we could put it in the guest room. It is the best mattress we have ever had. We are using our boxspring from our old bed. We have had it for 4 years. Its not much more for the king and free shipping

We did too! Under $400 for a king and I think it was the gel-cooling, green tea mattress, but definitely that brand. Came vacuum sealed right to the house, we added our foam topper that we had already and it's been a fantastic mattress. It's already lasted longer than our last Sealy pillowtop. Will never order a pillowtop again.

based on your review, I think I'm buying this today. yikes!

Buying a mattress online concerns me primarily because how to you package it if you need to return it? Usually they come rolled, or vacuum packed, or some other space-saving way.

We bought our memory foam mattress through Sam's Club. I liked that they have an awesome return policy and we have a location in town. It was great having it delivered right to our front door.

Okay all ~ thanks for your thoughts on this. We ordered online after trying to haggle n deal with the 2 local places that sell the type bed we wanted. We saved 20% online plus all the extras. I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter