• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Only one week until our trip to the Cabins...need help with my packing list!!

marcyinPA

DIS Veteran
Actually, I need help with my grocery stop list. What kind of foods do you prepare when you are staying in the cabins? Obviously, I need things that are easy, but I don't want to overbuy on food because I don't want any leftovers or waste. We mostly plan on eating breakfast in the cabin, but we're also thinking about a dinner or two. I'm going to try to purchase some non-perishables here at home and pack them in my suitcase, but I can't take a whole lot of stuff.

Just looking for some ideas when running through the grocery on my 1/2 hour stop!

Thanks!!

I try to stick with easy to prepare items like spaghetti, hamburger helper, hamburgers (there is a grill), hotdogs, etc.

For breakfast, I buy the box of pancake mix and make up a large batch of pancakes and put them in the freezer - it makes the morning easier, just pop in microwave. I also do this with French toast. Hope this helps.

I bring a crockpot and use that a lot. Throw stuff in there in the morning, and when you get back from the parks, it's waiting for you! :D

We just returned from our first stay at the cabins. There were six of us. My family of 4, MIL and FIL. We ate every meal in the cabin as MIL cannot eat out much. We had bacon or sausage, eggs and biscuits or toast for breakfast. Sandwiches and chips for lunch. Crockpot meals included roast and beans. We also had hot dogs with chili, spaghetti, goulash. A couple of side dishes were green beans and macaroni and cheese. Oh, we also had rice to go with our beans.

:D

I would not bring any food from home. There is a very good store (Publix) close to the property. There is also a Walmart superstore a few miles down the road. We live close and could bring everything from home but we usually go to the store after we get there. We will bring things we already have and need but there is no need to make a special trip before we go. We are always camping and our meals are mostly cooked on the grill. Steak, chicken, roast, shrimp, fresh grouper, (a local fish) and there is always just burgers and hot dogs. Publix has a good selection of Boars Head deli products and makes great hoagie rolls fresh everyday in the store. Crockpot meals are great for when you have been at the parks all day. Eating in the cabin or camp is the easiest way to save money at WDW. Plan your meals well and make your shopping list carefully. You CAN buy some basics at FW but you will pay for the convenience.

Thanks for all the great tips! I wish we could do the crock-pot thing, but we are flying so I don't think I'll be bringing one of those with me...:)

Also, we aren't getting a rental car, so I am limited to my 1/2 hour grocery stop with Tiffany Town Car.

Next time, if we ever drive down and camp, I will make sure that I make a mental note of all of your suggestions!!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter