Onsite Hotel Discounts

msim

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Good Morning Everyone!

I am determined to lower the price of our Dec. trip. We will be there only two days, so I want to stay onsite and preserve some sanity (hopefully). Does Universal ever release discount codes or promos on their packages like Disney does? If they do, how would I locate the info? Thank you!

When in December? It may be beneficial to you to purchase the cheapest annual pass. The room savings may be worth it.

I will be there the second week in Dec. That is a fantastic idea! Thank you!

I will be there the second week in Dec. That is a fantastic idea! Thank you!

If you give me your exact dates, I will check availability for you to see if this is a feasible suggestion.

Hard Rock on Monday-Wednesday is $239/night which is a savings of $70/night

With the seasonal pass, you just have to watch for Mannheim Steamroller concerts, which I believe are usually on the weekend. Universal Studios is blocked for seasonal AP holders on concert days.

A 2 day parkhopper ticket is $265. A seasonal pass is $285. So although you are paying $20 more for the AP, you are saving $140 with the room.

Last edited:

If you give me your exact dates, I will check availability for you to see if this is a feasible suggestion.

Hard Rock on Monday-Wednesday is $239/night which is a savings of $70/night

With the seasonal pass, you just have to watch for Mannheim Steamroller concerts, which I believe are usually on the weekend. Universal Studios is blocked for seasonal AP holders on concert days.

A 2 day parkhopper ticket is $265. A seasonal pass is $285. So although you are paying $20 more for the AP, you are saving $140 with the room.

So we are driving up from Ontario Canada in Aug/Sept 2019 and was thinking about doing 2 nights at a Universal hotel and to go a park for 1 day (we are staying at a Disneyworld resort the rest of the time). What would be my best option? There are 4 of us, 2 adults and 13 and 10 year old. We have never been to universal.

So we are driving up from Ontario Canada in Aug/Sept 2019 and was thinking about doing 2 nights at a Universal hotel and to go a park for 1 day (we are staying at a Disneyworld resort the rest of the time). What would be my best option? There are 4 of us, 2 adults and 13 and 10 year old. We have never been to universal.

No need to rush into anything at Universal for Aug/Sept 2019. You're going before Labour Day? It's expensive adding another set of tickets onto a Universal vacation. I'd consider doing more than just one day in order to do it justice. There are usually really good AP room discounts at that time but those won't be out probably until June next year. I wouldn't worry too much about planning for another 6 months!

Always nice to see fellow Canadians here on the Universal board!

Hi I would start looking at the resorts and the room types on site first now and see what would interest you. I agree that if you can put on an extra day or two would help justify the cost of the tickets. Are you planning on staying at the resort one day? I was confused why you would do two nights at the resort but one day in the park. Usually people do one night and two days in the park. However, if you are okay with just doing the one day I would stay on site for the express pass and convenience. You would get the express pass for check in day and check out day. The crowds will be lower probably but if you choose one day and want to do a lot the express pass will be good. I agree you don't need to do much planning now for Universal except if there is a particular resort and room that you want to guarantee. I would book that now with whatever rate then you can call and have it changed later on. Universal does have package deals come out periodically but we never buy them .I like to do room only and if I have my AP look for an AP discount.

There are the three deluxe resorts with express pass, (Hard Rock, Royal Pacific and Portofino) usually without an AP Royal Pacific is cheaper. If you choose one of the other value resorts ( Cabana Bay, Sapphire Falls, Adventura or the new one) you wouldn't get the express pass you would have to buy it in the park if you wanted to. All on-site resorts have early entry one hour to a park.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions just ask. I will tell you as others will here that you do not have to plan like Disney. It is a much more laid back trip.

Good Morning Everyone!

I am determined to lower the price of our Dec. trip. We will be there only two days, so I want to stay onsite and preserve some sanity (hopefully). Does Universal ever release discount codes or promos on their packages like Disney does? If they do, how would I locate the info? Thank you!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/aph-rates-are-currently-available-updated-07-27-18.3301532/ Hi damo had a great suggestion on the AP. If you choose to buy it this would be a good thread to monitor the AP rates and how to look for it on the site. You do not have to have the AP to book the room but will need it at check in to get the discounted rate.

Outside of that there are package deals that come out but with packages there is usually a high cancellation fee and it is harder to make changes. The majority of us who do Universal a lot do room only and buy tickets separately.

Good luck!

Another member form Ontario, Canada, here. We do Disney last week of Feb / first week of March each year. Would love to take the girls to see Harry Potter stuff but they are not thrill riders so much of Universal would not interest them. What are my best options for cheap tickets for 1 day? Sadly, they would have to be 2 park. The prices I am seeing for us to go to Universal for 1 day is equivalent to several days at Disney. :(

I think you'll be surprised at how much you can do without thrill rides. There is the Dr. Suess area, ET/woody woodpecker, Simpsons area, the cartoon water rides, lost continent, etc. In HP there are thrill rides- Gringotts and Forbidden Journey. We ride about a third of FJ with our eyes closed (spiders!). I think you would find fun things to do with two days, but of course I'm a stranger projecting on the internet. When by day passes, Undercover Tourist had the better deals.

Another member form Ontario, Canada, here. We do Disney last week of Feb / first week of March each year. Would love to take the girls to see Harry Potter stuff but they are not thrill riders so much of Universal would not interest them. What are my best options for cheap tickets for 1 day? Sadly, they would have to be 2 park. The prices I am seeing for us to go to Universal for 1 day is equivalent to several days at Disney. :(

Did you have any luck with this? We are going in the Fall and want to take an Uber over to Universal for 1 day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!