Open Air Bus Tours in Rome

Momof2

Mouseketeer
Did anyone do one of these bus tours during free time in Rome? We arrive a day early for our trip and thought this might be fun. I googled and found at least 2 different bus tours - both pretty similar. If anyone did this, could you share your experience. Thanks.

Momof2,
I did this on a non ABD trip a few years ago. Not sure of the company, but it was a double decker Red bus that started from the Termini and had about 18 stops. They gave you headphones and you plug in and pick the right channel for your language. It was kind of ok, but we ended up getting off at a lot of stops (you can get off the bus and wander around and then get back on the next bus that comes by) and we ran into trouble somewhere near the Forum, where bus after bus was full and there was a huge line of people trying to get back on. People were fighting and cutting in front of each other and we had to wait for a long time before we could get onto a bus. If you don't get off the bus you wouldn't have that trouble. And of course that was one day several years ago, don't know if it was a fluke, or if it has improved.

ABD gave us passes to one of those busses, one you can hop/on hop/off for 24 hours. We got them as soon as we got there so we could use them that day if we wanted. I don't know if you can get them earlier if you check in earlier.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter