Opinion Poll: Should Epcot's Spaceship Earth be replaced/demolished by a new attraction?

Should Epcot's Spaceship Earth be replaced/demolished by a new attraction?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
How about if it was replaced by a new hotel? You would be able to exit right into Epcot.
I don't mean to take the poll off subject but have you heard of Disney's plans to build an on-site hotel at the front of the park entrance?

I said no as well. However, even though I loved the old EPCOT Ctr. I didn't have any problem understanding why it didn't stay popular with the public. It made perfect sense to me that people didn't spend half a fortune on vacation to be lectured the entire time. SSE was a very good depiction of communication over the years and therefore could have remained and has remained for many years. It was educational, but, entertainment was a larger portion then the education part. Same as World of Motion. If any of you think that Ellen's Energy was boring, you should have seen the original 45 minute infomercial for Exxon. I felt violated riding that one. Wonders of Life was pure unadulterated education, but, Body Wars and Cranium Command did throw in a little entertainment too. Horizons was great, but, it lacked the sustainability of repeated visits because although it was good there was nothing about it that was a single focal point that people wanted to see again and again. (maybe the smell of orange). I think Mission Space is or would have been a good replacement. It was interactive and fun. It got off to a bad start by having a couple of people not make the return trip, so to speak. That took a lot of wind out of it's sails. Yes, it could have been so much more, but, what it is, is OK by me.

In spite of all the complaints the seas really isn't a whole lot different then it was in the beginning. Yea, a few added cartoon fish, but, with the exception of the Hydrolators, fish are fish. They were then and they are now. The land was almost identical until they added Soarin. Now it has a draw point so to speak. Journey into Imagination... what can I say... that pavilion died a number of years ago they just haven't buried it yet. If I were to be honest, the only really exciting and jaw dropping part of the original Imagination was the turntable introduction. I would have ridden it a zillion times just to experience it over and over again. After that it became kind of a yawn-fest. I don't understand the thinking that Honey I Shrunk The Audience wasn't far and away better then an empty theater which offers practically nothing. The start up of Capt. EO originally and the return to capitalize on the Death of the old crotch grabber himself, Michael Jackson, in my mind was absolutely awful. And don't get me started about the upstairs. That leaves SSE as the only one that is very closely the same as it was when the park opened. It is the symbol of Epcot and needs to be there forever, just like Cinderella Castle in MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!