Orange Lake, Silver Lake or Westgate Villas

A Mickeyfan

DIS Veteran
Had ressies at PO-R for 5 nights, just me & my 3 kids. My husband decided he wanted to go & my daughter wanted to take a friend. Now we can't fit in one room. I went on Skyauction & won a 2 bedroom 7 night stay for much less than my 5 night at PO-R. Now I need to choose which resort....Orange Lake, Silver Lake or Westgate Villas. I am not going thru a timeshare promo so I don't have to worry about the presentations (thank goodness!). My husband is a golfer so he wants Orange Lake. Can anyone tell me anything about any of these places. It will be 2 adults and 9, 13, 14 & 15 yr olds. Any info will be of a great help. :)

If you want golf, Orange Lake is the place to go. Children should be happy with that resort also. They have pools, minature golf, man made beach, wave runners etc.

It is about 2 miles from the Disney entrance off 192.

I own at Westgate and my brother owns at Orange Lake. The main difference I think between the 2 is the golf.

I would go with SL or OL and stay away from Westgate....they have some older units that have been pretty well worn........SL is VERY close to Disney, just a couple of minutes to the AK and AK Lodge on Sherberth rd........It is very nice we had a one bedroom that was huge....OL is about 4 to 5minutes farther out on 192 and is a HUGE complex...It took as long to drive from the front gate to our condo in the North section as it did to drive from the front gate almost to Disney...our two bedroom two bath condo was excellent, also from sky auction......the new pool is great with lots of kids stuff....place is so big there is a shuttle or you will definately drive to the pools and golf...miniature golf is fun with a 24 dollar fee for the whole family for a week.....the par 3 exec course is really fun for 20 dollars.....other courses are top dollar even if staying there......SL has a nice pool that is basic....and it seems to be much quieter....I think either would be great....if you plan to do the parks and just sleep there, SL is closer...if you want the golf and fancy swimming I would do OL...good luck..Ted

Thanks for everyones input. Me & the kids are pass holders to Disney, but my husband isn't. He has no plans on going to any of the theme parks. I think OL will be our first choice, then WGV then SL since he will be spending all his time at the resorts (while me & the kids are in the parks). Can anyone tell me if any of these resorts offer free transportation to the parks? We will have the car, but if I can get a bus to the parks I can leave the car for him. By the way I am paying a total of $389 for the 7 nights...got it from SkyAuction. I was paying $522 total for one room /5 nights at PO-R when it was only 4 of us going. My daughter wanted one of her friends to go so we still would have been ok with PO-R's trundle bed. Then my husband decided he would take one of his weeks vacation & go with us....needless to say we weren't fitting in PO-R anymore. I was going to go with Fort Wilderness Cabins but I decided to try SkyAuction (and I am glad I did). If anyone has any info on the activities at the 3 resorts I would love to hear about them. Thanks again ... and if it weren't for this board, I would have never heard of SkyAuction.:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

Sorry to hear your spouse is not going to get involved with the parks...I have enjoyed Disney so much and I consider myself a real man...just a real kid at heart.....you and your kids have a ball and I hope dad comes along as time goes by...grandpa Ted

thanks grandpa Ted for the thougts...he is a golfer & me & the kids are park hoppers. He will go with us once a year to the parks. We live 3 hrs away so we go often. I wish he was doing the parks with us this time...especially since we didn't get into Orange Lake. (I have an update thru another post.) Orange Lake didn't have the dates open that we wanted. We went with Westgate Vacation Villas...now he has no onsite Golf (poor baby LOL). On my updated post I was asking for any info (feedback) on Westgate Vacation Villas...we aren't doing a timeshare presentation so I don't have to deal with the hard sell salesman....I just wanted feedback on the resort itself......so if anyone has feedback....I would love to hear it...thanks.......

I hang out on a timeshare discussion board www.tug2.net and I think that Westgate sees everyone who stays there as a potential customer. After all you're already there and having fun. I think they've been known to call every day asking if you'd like to meet with them. I've also heard stories about sales guys chatting with folks at the pool. Basically, folks often leave there feeling hounded. Some people don't care one bit, others are bothered by it.

I can only speak for Orange Lake. We have stayed there several times and don't have one complaint. We were just there over Christmas and had a great time. It is a beautiful resort with plenty of activities.

let the salesman hound me all they want.....I am very good at saying NO...I have 3 kids so I have a lot of practice at it LOL!! Thanks for the warning on the place ("maintenance meetings)....if that is the only negative, I can handle it. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter