Orlando Medical Rentals Question

MaggieMollyMom

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,
just wondering whether anyone has experience with Orlando Medical Rentals? Specifically, the "Drive Trotter" push chair. I like it for the canopy but wonder how it maneuvers, folds etc. And how the company is to work with.

Thanks!

I personally have not used Orlando Medical Rentals; one resource to check might be the Orlando BBB to see what their rating looks like.

Remember that chairs and scooters with canopies can cause problems - for example, some of the canopies for ECVs that you may see at WDW can actually limit the ability of the driver to be able to see around them as they back up. It can make loading or unloading more difficult for the Disney buses as well.

Additionally, canopies can cause problems for the Guests who must walk or stand *behind* the canopy. They may not be able to see around the canopy to see what is ahead of them, or what is going on.

Finally, often people rent mobility devices with a canopy because they think it will offer sun protection. The reality is that unless the canopy is adjustable, it will only offer full protection from the sun if the occupant is facing a certain direction (i.e. west in the morning and east in the afternoon/evening) Plus, once the sun goes down, the canopy is just a giant pain in the... neck.

As someone with a sun allergy, there are far better solutions available - UV resistant clothing, (and Rit Dye has a UV treatment to make any cotton clothing UV resistant) mineral based sunblocks, hats, even a parasol that can be folded when not in use.

Thanks so much for your reply and insight!
I can definitely see those issues with regard to an ECV and the sun etc. But for us, it a special needs stroller I'd be renting. My daughter likes to use the canopy to 'hide' under.
I may just stick with the liberty midel we've used before.

Thanks again!

As someone with a sun allergy, there are far better solutions available - UV resistant clothing, (and Rit Dye has a UV treatment to make any cotton clothing UV resistant) mineral based sunblocks, hats, even a parasol that can be folded when not in use.
I use one of the UV umbrellas that I got from Amazon. They block the sun out really well, much better than other umbrellas. I love having portable shade. If you haven't tried it, I recommend it. They even have ones small enough to fit in your purse- perfect for summer touring at WDW.:beach:

Last edited:

Thanks so much for your reply and insight!
I can definitely see those issues with regard to an ECV and the sun etc. But for us, it a special needs stroller I'd be renting. My daughter likes to use the canopy to 'hide' under.
I may just stick with the liberty midel we've used before.

Thanks again!
Does the company also rent the Liberty? I would call them and see if you rent the Trotter and find it unsatisfactory, would they swap it for the Liberty at no charge.

I have rented from Orlando Medical, a pediatric walker. The service was good, paid in advance and it was waiting at bell services when we checked in and I left it there when we checked out.

@dismom57 The rented walker was left with Bell Services? When was this? WDW doesn't list Orlando Medical Rentals as a featured vendor for ECVs/wheelchair or stroller rentals. I wonder if that has changed (and the website isn't updated yet) or if it was considered "medical equipment" which I believe can be delivered directly to the resort.

@MaggieMollyMom I haven't used Orlando Medical Rentals but I have read good reports here on the DISboards over the past couple of years.

Enjoy your vacation!

The rented walker was left with Bell Services? When was this? WDW doesn't list Orlando Medical Rentals as a featured vendor for ECVs/wheelchair or stroller rentals. I wonder if that has changed (and the website isn't updated yet) or if it was considered "medical equipment" which I believe can be delivered directly to the resort.

I did wonder about the drop off etc, and called them. They said they are not a featured vendor, which applied to EVC's and that the walker could be delivered directly to the resort. This was in February 2017.

I did wonder about the drop off etc, and called them. They said they are not a featured vendor, which applied to EVC's and that the walker could be delivered directly to the resort. This was in February 2017.

Good to know, thanks! So for ECVs, wheelchairs and strollers, it sounds like they would not be allowed to utilize Bell Services, but other medical equipment can be done that way.

I had used Care Medical in the past for my oxygen needs. Now that they are out of business, they recommended Orlando Medical Rental to their customers. I haven't used them, but thought I would pass that info on

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter