OT - Prom dress shopping help

Torrid is great, Laura plus has some awesome dresses, and I’ve found some good things at Lucy. Lucy is on the west coast, but they have an online shop - not sure where they ship.

And, oddly enough, David’s bridal. I recently bought a gala dress from there and it was really nice

We purchased my daughters from TTNewYork in the States, it was expensive and gorgeous. We are selling it now if you're interested I can send you a pic! Size 18, halter neck style charcoal gray vintage a line with bling.....

Try Torrid. I have had amazing luck in there. They are geared a little younger and "cooler" than Laura etc. Some really beautiful stuff. IF you are willing to brave online their online has a whole line of formal and bridal style stuff.

Thank you everyone! We found success at a David's Bridal in London. We had been down for a school tour of Brescia at Western, and we went there to have a look. What an amazing selection of prom dresses!!! It wasn't cheap (sigh!) and it needed alterations, so we are trucking back down in a couple of weeks for the altered dress. It was beautiful though :) There were some gorgeous dresses marked half price in prom area, but unfortunately hers wasn't one of them! (figures!)

As for cost ... we found a grad dress for grade 8 for her at Sears, marked down from 59.99 to 29.99 and then had 30% off ... I don't even think it came to $25 with the tax. Younger daughter got her grade 8 grad in the States at a Ross and I think it was about $30 US. Then we had a semi formal that we bought at Sears as well for $22. So friends of mine decided that I had already scored enough cheap dresses for my girls and now I had to suck it up (she is paying half though!!).

Thanks for your help and suggestions!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!