OT: Siblings of autistic children

Kat77

<font color=blue>Now if I could just remember how
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/1298940/posts
I was looking for kiss off cards but bumped into this article and it broke my heart (tears!). DS10 has been a serious pain the rear this summer, picking on the other kids (for fun). With two autistic children it quickly escalates into tantrum city in mere seconds so I come down hard on him for it.... Thing is 'normal' siblings would blow off probably 98% of what he does but he just do not have the luxury of typical sibling interaction.

I did a key word search but could not find them. :confused3

I wish I could help you but I don't know what kiss off cards are and the article didn't open for me. I do know that my seven-year-old sometimes feels very cheated that she has a sister (5) who doesn't do what "normal" little sisters do. Some days she tries hard to be a good sister and other days she doesn't want anything to do with the little one. Good luck with your search!!!

Kiss off cards are cards designed to hand over to those oh so helpful people you encounter in public places ;) Think 'kid needs a good spanking' types. I had never heard of them before disboards and now I am intrigued. They are not for siblings use I just ran into the article looking for some via search engine.

DS10 dealt with a lot of 'what is wrong with your sibling' comments from new schoolmates last year. He used to attend different school than siblings so it was a new issue for him. He will have his own school again next year and I believe it's easier for him to deal this way...

Kiss off cards are cards designed to hand over to those oh so helpful people you encounter in public places ;) Think 'kid needs a good spanking' types. I had never heard of them before disboards and now I am intrigued. .

Okay!!! I have never referred to them as Kiss off cards but that is kind of funny. If there is a state organization in Texas you could check their site. These are from the Autism Society of Illinois. You could probably just print up your own, too. I haven't used them before but there are times I have been tempted.

http://www.autismillinois.org/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=43

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter