• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ouch ~ it sounded like a good idea at the time!

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
I booked a Gifts of a Lifetime Scavenger hunt for my DD9, Noel... with the exchange the total just came through on my VISA at $622.00... ouch. :eek:

Heres hoping it is 2 hours of incredible, unforgettable fun :p

>>^..^<<

Hi damo... you ever heard the expression "My eyes were bigger than my stomach" in terms of taking too much food?

Well I have that same problem with booking trips - I start planning early and just go nuts.

This is a www.giftsofalifetime.com scavenger hunt in the World Showcase in EPCOT. "Simba's confused Summer"

Noel will get a letter at the BC that Simba is confused as he heard Noel was coming to Disney and thought that meant christmas was coming....so he put out ornaments.

Now he has found out that Noel is coming ( a girl, not christmas) and he needs her help to find 11 ornaments in the WS... the first clue with come with the letter along with a gift bag/basket of sorts to put the oranments in - then we start the hunt.

People from GOAL will be in EPCOT setting up the clues/oranments and following us along - it takes about 2 1/2 hours to complete... hopefully we wil really enjoy it!!

>>^..^<<

Just hope that one of those gift bags come with some gold bars. Now that would be a GOAL!!

Sounds really neat. I just hope that those ornaments and gift baskets are somewhere that the average Joe just can't pick them up. I'm sure they've thought of that though! Hope there's lots of jewellery in those bags!!!!!!!

Sounds like Noel is going to have a wonderful vacation...it's getting so close. :) I can't wait for your trip report.

That's what credit cards are for... :p *lol*

Sounds like a great scavenger hunt! I hope your daughter has a blast!

You Fool!

I was also gonna do one for DD back in January but when I did the conversion (and then the dollar was even worse!) I said Thanks, but NO Thanks!

Let us know how it went and let me know around the pool! I really want to know if it is realllllly worth it!

By the way, I think I will pass along a T-Shirt I bought DD the other day. It says

"THIS IS WHAT SPOILED LOOKS LIKE!" LOL

Scratch
:smooth:

Originally posted by Scratch42
You Fool!

I know.. I know.. dont' rub it in.. what was I thinking??

Hey, we are having dinner at Boma on the 29th at 7pm if you want to join us... myself and Noel, SuAnne from the Board and her DD10 - Hayley :)

>>^..^<<

that's the night we are going to California Grille and hopefully doing the Illuminations Cruise. Still have not heard back from Grad2000 as to where they are leaving from.

And of course, DD will want to stop by the Pin Trading Area at the Contemporary before that!

If you guys go by the pool later, maybe we could meet up for a nightcap?

Scratch

Originally posted by Scratch42

If you guys go by the pool later, maybe we could meet up for a nightcap?

Gently reminds Scratch that we get free booze in the concierge lounge and after the cost of the GOAL scavenger hunt I can no longer afford nightcaps! :eek:

We will scream out your name by the pool... Janet and Tanya right??

>>^..^<<

Sorry, I forgot:rolleyes:

If you yell out SCRATCH! I'll respond sooner! Tanya will probably be under water!LOL

See ya by the pool!

Scratch

If I am standing there yelling out "Scratch" people are going to think I have fleas :eek:

>>^..^<<

Originally posted by >>^..^<<
If I am standing there yelling out "Scratch" people are going to think I have fleas :eek:>>^..^<<
You are too funny Cass. :teeth:

No they are gonna think that you are having one of those impromptu cell phone meetings but without your cellphone! You are doing it the old fashion way! By Yelling!LOL

Picture It! You Yell out "Scratch" and the Whole Pool Area starts Scratching behind their ears!LOL

Scratch

>>^..^<< - ouch! Although the tour sounds fabulous, could you imagine what the cost would have been a year ago with the exchange rates!
Please be sure to post a report - I'm interested in your thoughts. We were going to do one for DS's 5th birthday - with a Buzz Lightyear theme around MK, but once we rec'd the quote we decided against it - and we are in the US paying US dollars! (I guess it's the Canadian in me - I still convert for value for $$$ :))
Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter