Our backpacks have arrived! Its really happening!

slg

DIS Veteran
It was so exciting to get a giant box of backpacks yesterday. The adult ones are blue, the junior adventures are mailman style and green. I love our 30 day countdown (although we are 53 days out!) and the little personalized book full of information!

Its so exciting. I was so worried our tour was going to be cancelled when they were cancelling so many, so this is GREAT!

I can't wait to hear the reports from the recent travellers to Ireland. Still wish there was someone on the boards from our tour.

Also wish I knew how many folks are going! I hope there is enough for two guides and I hope that there are kids as well.

We're off to Ireland on the July 22 tour, 2 grownups, 3 boys (13,7,10)

It was so exciting to get a giant box of backpacks yesterday. The adult ones are blue, the junior adventures are mailman style and green. I love our 30 day countdown (although we are 53 days out!) and the little personalized book full of information!

Its so exciting. I was so worried our tour was going to be cancelled when they were cancelling so many, so this is GREAT!

I can't wait to hear the reports from the recent travellers to Ireland. Still wish there was someone on the boards from our tour.

Also wish I knew how many folks are going! I hope there is enough for two guides and I hope that there are kids as well.

Great , It really does make it seem real when you finally get the backpack and stuff. Have a great trip!!!

ABD tours always have two guides, no matter how many people are on the tour. We only had 14 people on my Southwest Splendors tour, and we still had two guides. That's just how ABD runs it. I have never heard of an ABD going with less than 2 guides. :thumbsup2

ENJOY!!!!

Sayhello

Thanks for the info about the two guides. I've always been curious about it. How was an ABD with only 14 people? Did it seem too small? I hope we have a few more than that.

We leave for Portugal in 4 weeks, where we will be until our trip to Ireland. There is so much to do, so much! Have to first decide what to pack, which to be honest is the very worst thing about traveling!

Sigh. My youngest is so sick right now with stomach flu...my oldest is going on a music trip to Seattle for two days on Monday so he's so scared he's going to get it too. Send some pixie dust our way.

Back to prowing the boards. Can't wait for folks to get back from the Ireland ABD so I can ply them with questions!

Thanks for the info about the two guides. I've always been curious about it. How was an ABD with only 14 people? Did it seem too small? I hope we have a few more than that.
The tour, just by happenstance, ended up being Adults Only (early May). I loved the small group; we got LOADS of attention from the guides, and it was easy staying together; bathroom breaks were a bit easier, etc. I don't think I'd've minded more people, but a small, intimate tour was a very cool experience. We even had a third "trainee" guide on the tour with us, so we were really spoiled.

We leave for Portugal in 4 weeks, where we will be until our trip to Ireland. There is so much to do, so much! Have to first decide what to pack, which to be honest is the very worst thing about traveling!
Augh! Packing! The only thing worse than the packing is the airplane travel, but that's part of what makes packing such a pain!

Sigh. My youngest is so sick right now with stomach flu...my oldest is going on a music trip to Seattle for two days on Monday so he's so scared he's going to get it too. Send some pixie dust our way.
Sorry your child's sick. Pixie dust duly ordered!

Back to prowing the boards. Can't wait for folks to get back from the Ireland ABD so I can ply them with questions!
That's a fun part of the anticipation. I think someone is taking the Alaska trip in July... I can hardly wait to hear about it!

Sayhello

Thanks for the pixie dust. My youngest threw up every 10-20 minutes until about 2 in the morning. It was heart-renching as it was pretty much dry heaves and stomach acid.

He's pretty limp today, but only threw up once this afternoon. Half a piece of toast and a glass of water is all he will eat.

Hopefully tomorrow he will wake up his usual perky self.

I had almost given up hope of them coming before our trip to Florida... I was SO hoping to use my backpack but didn't figure I was going to get to.

But the box came this afternoon and I repacked my purse into the backpack (purse and all right now) and I've been reading my trip docs.

I guess this really is real.:dance3::yay::banana::yay::dance3:

Not only did we get backpacks, but we also got an ABD Digital Photo Frame, which is the current gift for booking through AAA/CAA...love it....last year we got a leather-bound photo album which is also pretty neat...a nice bonus and good reason to book through them. It comes directly from ABD with your box of backpacks etc. BTW...we got the green backpacks for our Southwest Splendours July 4 departure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter