Our CS dining reviews 7/26 through 8/2.

maybees02

Earning My Ears
I have to say, I expected the worst from counter service meals, but the food itself wasn't really bad. The biggest problem was that it was pretty much the same everywhere!

We had the dining plan and were a party of 5, me, DH, our 4 year old DS and 7 year old DD, and my mom!

Columbia Harbour House:

DD & DS had the kid's mac and cheese, with grapes and Mickey cheddar crackers. I was pleased with the fruit option instead of fries, and the kids thought the crackers were adorable.

DH had the adult chicken fingers and fries, and I had the fish and chips. My mother had the the galley salad with chicken, pecans, feta and pineapple. She really liked her salad, but DH and I thought the fish and chicken was only so-so. It was hot and fresh, but just ordinary tasting. Their only dessert choice was chocolate cake, but I don't think any of us ate more than a bite because we were so hot!

All Star Music Food Court

DS had the spaghetti and meatball and breadstick with applesauce.
DD had the grilled cheese, fries and applesauce.

I had the cheeseburger and fries and both my mom and DH had the individual pepperoni pizza. We had cheesecake, chocolate cake and no-sugar added cherry pie for dessert. My mom is diabetic and was thrilled to find a lower sugar option, and she said it was very good. My cheeseburger and fries were wonderful, DH and mom thought the pizza was good. DS loved the spaghetti, and DD liked the spaghetti better than her grilled cheese, so they ended up sharing. The cheesecake was DELICIOUS here! I thought the food court was the best quick service meals we had anywhere!

Earl of Sandwich

I had the Beef & Bleu, DH had the Scuddetto, which is salami, capacola, ham and mortadella with fresh sliced mozzarella, roma tomatoes and marinara, and my mom had the ultimate grilled cheese sandwich. DD had the grilled cheese, and DS had the kid's pizza sandwich.

My mom LOVED her grilled cheese. I liked the beef and bleu, but it was VERY rich, and I had trouble finishing the whole thing. DH liked his okay, but didn't realize it was a hot sandwich, which he really doesn't enjoy. DS was throwing a huge fit while we were there, but finally settled down and ate his pizza sandwich, saying it was good. DD did not like the grilled cheese. She said it needed more cheese and less bread. We all chose brownies as our dessert, but we never ate them! We brought them home and I just had one today, and it was really good!

Comic Ray's

The kids both had chicken nugget meals with chocolate cake. Again, not much of a choice, but they did appreciate the applesauce to go with their fries. They both complained about nuggets instead of strips, but they both ate the whole thing! Including the chocolate cake! So I guess that was a good meal. The grown-ups didn't eat here because we were so stuffed from Crystal Palace.

The rest of our CS credits were used at the food court at ASMu, variations of the cheeseburger, pizza, chicken fingers items. They had lots of choices, including healthier choices liked baked chicken, etc. but we never went for those, although my mom did end up with a chicken ceasar salad, and she said it was really good. I had the cheesecake for dessert every time, and the kids went for pudding and jello at various times. They also let us get Mickey Bars or rice krispie treats as desserts on the dining plan.

We also ordered pizza delivered to our room, which was NOT good. Very bleah, the food court personal pizzas were better. Also the large pizza was not covered on the dining plan.

I hope this helps anyone who is curious! If you have any questions I will be glad to answer them.

One comment on the dining plan, which I will also post on the dining plan board, is that I think I would have preferred to have NO desserts with the CS meals, and more snacks! That way we could have gotten a treat later in the day because we were rarely hungry for dessert at mid-day. Two snacks a day with no dessert at lunch would have suited us much better.

Enjoyed the review. I echo the comment on the pizza. BLEEEK! that is the worst pizza I have ever tried! It does not matter what resort you are at.

Leah, I don't know if I'm jumping the gun here (wasn't sure if you were posting about snacks under separate header), but what kind of snacks did you get on the plan?

When we were there in September (on free dining), the only snacks available on the plan were the ice cream treats, small popcorn, piece of fruit, bag of chips, or a bottled soda/water. I've been reading that there are more options now. What was your experience?

Marcy

marcyinPA said:
Leah, I don't know if I'm jumping the gun here (wasn't sure if you were posting about snacks under separate header), but what kind of snacks did you get on the plan?

When we were there in September (on free dining), the only snacks available on the plan were the ice cream treats, small popcorn, piece of fruit, bag of chips, or a bottled soda/water. I've been reading that there are more options now. What was your experience?

Marcy

We were able to get things like strawberries and dip and a chocolate croissant at the counter service place inside The Land at Epcot. I can't remember the name of it. Most pastries under $4 were included, most drinks, even fries at the McDonalds shack at Epcot. The snack options were clearly labeled so I could see what was offered.

Our favorites were Mickey Bars of course! We would have preferred to get a snack later in the afternoon rather than having yet another little chocolate cake as our only dessert choice at the counter service places! We brought our own water, so we didn't use too many snack credits on drinks, so we had enough, but it's just my opinion that we would have liked more!

HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter