Our dining Reviews 4-6-04 to 4-13-04 Dinner

luvmarypoppins

<font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu
4-7-04 Dinner At Crystal Palace. Our table was really tucked into a little nook, but it was perfect. Out of the way of the crowds and foot traffic. Marie was our server and she was excellent. Everyone was happy with what they ate. I tried the banana bread pudding with baileys irish cream. It was great.

4-10-04 Dinner at Chef Mickeys. Our ps was late like 8:10. DH saw a family walk up right after us with no ps and they told them sure, 10 minutes, huh, easter time? Gee. There is magic after all. We looked at the huge chocolate edible eggs on display right outside the concourse steakhouse. The meal was great as usual. Love that prime rib and parmesean mashed potatoes. I think dh and I had the beef barley soup. It was great. Our server was tom. He was not so great. His tip reflected his service also. Maybe he was tired at the end of the night. But we were really getting annoyed when he kept taking away our plates and we were not done with the food on them. Little Ds had a fit because he told me a cm was yelling at him that he was serving himself a piece of cake and it fell sideways and he went to put it on the plate with his fingers. He said it was only the piece he was eating and taking, no one elses. He refused to go get any more desserts unless I went with him. I had a little talk about manners, hygiene etc. A few character autographs cheered him up.

4-11-04 Easter Dinner at Hollywood and Vine. It was very crowded. We were 1 hr. late for our ps and only had to wait 10 minutes. It was great timing as while we were eating the huge storm came with torrential rain, etc. Our server was Jason ? and he was from our neck of the woods, ny metro area. We asked him why he moved to fl etc. My kids liked him alot. He was super nice and a great server and he got a great tip. I liked the chicken but I specifically asked if the meat was bloody etc. The lighting by the buffet is dark and when I got back it was too pink for me. They had a turkey stew type thing that looked great, but there was no more room to try it. Just like party mom our family liked the spoon corn bread. The desserts were yummy too. The chocolate carving on display was great too.

4-12-04 DH and I walked into Akershus like 4:50, this was the only original ps I missed, but they took us without a ps in like 10 minutes. This is our favorite place. DH proudly ate all 6 kinds of herring. The kids next to us were very unbehaved. Thank heavens the one kid got his chocolate milk, I was beginning to get a headache. Our server was Elizabeth. We have been to Norway and enjoyed talking to her. She explained the Russ celebration to me in detail. Very informative. Everything we ate was great. I had a bread that had nuts in it, fantastic. For the hot dishes, DH chose the trio sausages in onion jam. They are only actually 1 1/2 sausages split sideways. I chose the crispy chicken, excellent. They brought us the viking favorites side dish, but it only had one meatball so we shared. For dessert I asked about the viking ship, she sadly said they didnt have it anymore:( We shared a berry tart and a mousse cup.

4-13-04 DH and I went to Cape May Buffet. We had the beef barley soup here, excellent. I had some kind of beef burgundy type dish. We were being landlubbers tonight. The desserts were good too. DH also liked the ambrosia salad. Our table was nice and quiet, off to the side, My sideways view was of the croquet mallets.

4-9-04 ESPN Club. We walked in here really late, like 10 p.m., thats another story for the trip report. I was so tired I think I remember DH and I got some roast beef sandwich and fries, I know DS 14 got a steak sandwich that made him sick during the night, really sick. The other 2 ds liked their food and we shared a hot wing appetizer. DS 16 commented that this place is awesome. He also found out that a player from the Eagles was coming and there would be a q and a time and autographs. That sounded great. But we never did make it the next day.

The fast food we had was:

Sunset Ranch Market : I had a burger, ok. it was really late and the burger was practically cold. BIG thumbs down to that.

Tubbies twice - DH had the blue plate special steak, potatoes, roll and veg. He said it was good, like $13. DS 14 had a huge hotdog.

Second tubbies was DH who had the steak thing again and I got the blue plate special of the night, fried chicken with potatoes, carrots and rolls. The chicken was AWFUL. Dried out and terrible. I wish I would have gotten the pizza.

The 3 ds ate dinner at disney quest twice and said everything was good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter