Our Dining Reviews 4-6-04 to 4-13-04

luvmarypoppins

<font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu
I am going to break it down by meal
"
Breakfast: The only "Real" breakfast we ate was Easter Day at the Cape May Buffet. We generally don't do breakfasts because they waste too much park time, but ds 12 wanted mickey waffles so I made a PS. Our server was Betty. Betty appeared to not be too happy working on easter. Needles to say, unfortunately her tip reflected this due to the service we received. I was not impressed with the food at all. The bacon was not like we like it, it was crispy and broken in little pieces. We never knew where betty was and always lacked oj refills, the omletes were pre made in a pan, not individual, just a big pan. I did have 2 krispy kremes, sorry I like dunkin donuts better. I did see tater tots, yuck! I had a mini blueberry muffin I think. DS was happy with his 2 mickey waffles. Goofy hit me in the face with his nice composite nose. I didnt feel like eating after that. I will comment more on that in a trip report. I think the dh and the 3 ds 16,14 and 12 were stuffed enough to skip lunch. Oh guess what dh 12 finally got a nice big glass of oj, just when we were ready to leave. Huh? We definetely won't do this again. The character interaction was good though, but for $90 plus its a waste of our money.

The only other place we ate breakfast was on 4-10 at the Boardwalk Bakery for the Dis Meet arranged by Tuffcookie, thanks for your thoughtfulness and taking the time to arrange that. My DH was in the room with one sick DS so we got some cherry danish, sticky buns etc. Everyone said everything was good and they had chocolate milk for ds so that was great. I was so busy talking to tuffcookie I ate the danish on the way back to the swan. Little ds wanted to sit outside the back of the boat. The line was long at the bakery even at 9 am. I think we spent about $16 for 4 baked goods, and 2 choc milks and 2 ojs.

Oh No!:( I just made a ps for Cape May breakfast on our last morning. Really that bad? My DS 5 & 7 are big breakfast eaters and I added this one to have something special (we already have Cindy's ps) on our last morning. Should we try some other place? We also have the storybook breakfast ps. Anyone have another suggestion?

Cape May is the only character meal DH and I have done so far, so we can't really compare, but we enjoyed the food (I personally like Tater Tots!) and our server was very nice. We got lots of Chip and Dale attention. I am planning it again on the last morning this June when I introduce my friend to Disney during a business trip!

fam4jc
I wouldn't change your PS plans for Cape May. We ate breakfast there in February and thought it was great. Our server was extremely friendly and attentive. I think all restaurants have off days occasionally and unfortunately luvmarypoppins must have hit an off day.

luvmarypoppins: sorry you had a bad experience.

Eating out on holidays is tough anywhere, generally people don't want to be working but shouldn't take that out on customers!

We enjoyed the one time we ate breakfast at Cape May and would do it again.

I am sorry you didn't have a good experience at Cape May.
We love Cape May & plan on eating there twice for breakfast during our trip next month.

It sounds like they were having a very off day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter